Accord V6 Forum banner

u guys know about the blackout on the OEM head unit?

2K views 31 replies 18 participants last post by  sumptimwong 
#1 ·
Cool little feature i noticed while i was tryin to fix the time. Yeah by the way my clock became like 7 minutes slow, I've had the car for a few weeks. Anyone else?
Anyway, so while i was messin with the buttons tryin to figure that out, i noticed that if you hold the CD/AUX button for a few seconds the screen blacks out. I bet most of you guys read the manual n everything so its no new news but it was news to me and i was excited by a cool little feature I didn't know about. I don't really konw how useful it is, but anyway thats all i got on it

#3 ·
yeah the whole screen where it shows the time, all the discs, dual climate, temp. . .alll that gets blacked out just like when the car is off, u see nuthin but black, and all u gotta do is hold down the CD/AUX button. but u can still raise n lower volume, change songs whatever u want, especially w/the steering wheel controls i think its kinda cool, but just a little option i kinda figured out by accident

#4 ·
aheheheheheh

its NY black out :D

#10 ·
OT: Time

Does anyone have the Crutchfield aftermarket HU adapter kit installed? If so, can we have the time displayed on the factory HU without it flashing on and off all the time?? I can't seem to adjust the time and I have to turn it off because of the annoying flashing, but then all that is displayed is the word COdE and the ventilation mode. I'd like to have the proper time displayed in the factory HU without it flashing.

#11 ·
You sure this is a feature, or just a really strange glitch in the HU :p .

J/P :D I guess they did that so you can turn off the bright screen when you don't need to look at it.

BTW: The navi can also do this and still be able to use everything.

#17 ·
That is cool. I've read my owner's manual completely and never saw anything about that. I went out and tried it, and it works. It's daytime now and you can actually still barely see the information on the screen.

I will use that feature. There are times when I am in my car at night listening to the radio (and doing stuff :p), and I've wanted it to be dark (in my stealth mode!) and it wasn't because the radio display causes a glow inside the car and illuminates the people inside. That will give me the darkness I desire. Up until now, I've just put a black hand towel on top of the dash and let it drape down over the radio display.

Thanks. :up2:

#19 ·
This is a defect from the factory. I am on my third head unit. Just take it to the dealer and they will replace it. As long as your still in your warranty?
But I think they still might if your not. I have had three and going for four next week. So you know the head unit is $1385 from the dealer.

#20 ·
marshallbc said:
This is a defect from the factory. I am on my third head unit. Just take it to the dealer and they will replace it. As long as your still in your warranty?
But I think they still might if your not. I have had three and going for four next week. So you know the head unit is $1385 from the dealer.

Have you read the thread at all? This has nothing to do with the screen dying like on others cars. This is a feature activated by holding down a button. His screen isn't broken.

#21 ·
I knew about this when I bought the car. The dealer guy was going through the features with me. They have this like they have dimming interior light features.
It's not a glitch or problems.

And also, then light comes back on when you change volume or tracks, so you can see what you're changing to. then it goes back to stealth mode. Kinda neat.

#24 ·
H2290 said:
Have you read the thread at all? This has nothing to do with the screen dying like on others cars. This is a feature activated by holding down a button. His screen isn't broken.

Well I get the ass clown award then. My fault for not reading the entire thread. I did know about the black out button to. Just took the other route...

#25 ·
marshallbc said:
Well I get the ass clown award then. My fault for not reading the entire thread. I did know about the black out button to. Just took the other route...
Hey, you can't award yourself! Here, I'll do it proper.
We hereby award you the Ass Clown Award:

No problem, same stuff keeps coming up and everyone knows the answer and posts it without really looking. I think we all do that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.