Accord V6 Forum banner

Miles per gallon for AV6???

3K views 53 replies 27 participants last post by  Captal 
#1 ·
What is everyone getting on a full tank?

AT approx 412 on 87 octane 50/50 city/hghway

Just currious. Thanks guys

#11 ·
Yeah you probably wont get the numbers that your supposed to. A lot of the gas that you will find is oxygenated. In other words they put oxygen into the gas to keep emissions down, but the problem is that oxygen takes up space and doesn't burn, so you are not getting as much gas as you would if it wasn't oxygenated. They say it is better for the environment, what I say is the gas companies do this to make more money.

#15 ·
6500 miles, 85% city, average 21mpg

#17 ·
i got 315 until the light went on. i have ~650 miles on the car. when it hit 600 miles i went on the highway and pound that baby went from 60-100 so quick damn.

1st time i pumped gas exactly when the light turn on i was able to get only 13.1 gallons in. so there's probaly 4 more gal. anybody ever went pass the line, maybe even touching the tip of "E"???

#20 ·
2000AccordV6 said:
My car has only about 1700 miles and I get about 290 - 310 full tank, mostly city driving. I dont think there is anything wrong with our cars, 412 to a full tank sounds a bit ridiculous. I would believe it highway, but city?

That was 50/50 highway/city...and pushing it til the "E". My trip said "412"...not pulling your leg. That is still only around 24mpg... I was hoping to be closer to 27mpg.

#22 ·
Around 22-24 mpg 50/50 city/hiway.

What's the point of saying how many miles you can go until the light goes on? I'm sure those lights are not calibrated very accurately. My car apparently still has about 5 gallons in the tank when the light comes on, based on how much gas it takes to fill the tank.

#23 ·
Miles/tank is useless info since nobody fills up on a bone dry tank. MPG is what you need.

Every individual car is different. Some get 30 highway, 35 highway, 27 highway...they are all different.

#25 ·
After your car breaks in more your miles will get better...

I had an 03, it got about 240-270 a tank and thats after I left the light on for a while. Then after I got my oil change, a few weeks latter it started to get 310-340 a tank, lol..

I now have an 04, so far same deal, its getting 240-270 atank... Hope it gets better like my 03 did....

#26 ·
Fairly consistent 23 MPG mixed city/highway daily back-and-forth to work driving. The car has just over 2k miles on her.

The only "road trip" I've taken with her was a 250 mile round trip to northern Ohio. I did manage to squeek 29 MPG (cruise on at 75-80 MPH, and a very cold & windy day.) The car only had approx ~1200 miles on it at the time.

I'm very pleased with the fuel economy.... especially with the power this motor makes. IMHO, Honda did good here...

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.