Accord V6 Forum banner

different radio displays?

2K views 40 replies 17 participants last post by  03LXV6Guy 
#1 ·
take a look at this picture:

http://www.ic.sunysb.edu/Stu/mkanthan/radio/photo_04_popup.jpg

my volume level display doesnt look like that. it just says "VOLUME" and the #. I looked in the manual and it doesnt say anything about changing the display on the radio. Anyone else notice this? Did anyone get to change their display? Thanks in advance. btw, if this was discussed before, im sorry. I searched and found nothing.

#8 ·
OUTATIME said:

my volume level display doesnt look like that. it just says "VOLUME" and the #. I looked in the manual and it doesnt say anything about changing the display on the radio. Anyone else notice this? Did anyone get to change their display? Thanks in advance. btw, if this was discussed before, im sorry. I searched and found nothing.
According to the Helms manual the 6sp models have the 180 watt system with seperate crossover module unit. The autos have a 120 watt system with no crossover module unit. Mine does not look like that as well. Must be because of the crossover unit.

#16 ·

Mine looks like one in the pic

#17 ·
Re: Re: different radio displays?

According to the Helms manual the 6sp models have the 180 watt system with seperate crossover module unit. The autos have a 120 watt system with no crossover module unit. Mine does not look like that as well. Must be because of the crossover unit.
Are you sure? I have an 03 6-speed, mine looks like that when you're not changing volume, when you're changing volume it says "Volume xx"
No sat radio and on top mine says "Premium Audio System"

#18 ·
#20 ·
#22 ·
If you have an 04 6-speed, you have an upgraded display because of the XM display. I dont have a great picture of it, but you can see mine in this picture. This is what all the 04 6-speeds should look like:

EDIT: Looks like my picture doesnt show it either....lemme see if I can find one on their website.

#23 ·
Can anyone with a 2004 6speed tell me if you can fast foward through a track using the steering wheel controls?

I can't do this with my 2003 6 speed but I can do it on my wife's 2004 4 cyl Auto.
Her display looks different due to the fact she has XM Sat and I don't.

#24 ·
sjb- I cannot FF through my cd's using the steering wheel controls.... and I cannot change discs either which kind of bums me out...

Should I read the manual?
Is it posible to FF through cd's and also to change the discs for the HU using the steering wheel controls?

On my maxima, you could juct hold down the preset button and it would change discs....

#25 ·
Okay, even Hondas site doesnt show it either. Basically, it looks the same except the volume is just some lines in the bottom left corner of the display that go left to right depending on how loud it is and you see a number on the display change as you raise or lower it. The middle of the display is a line of text characters for the XM text to display. Another difference is at the very very top of the display, it says "PREMIUM AUDIO SYSTEM" or something close to that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.