Spyder CCFL Halos w/LED's - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LiquidXplosion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 19th, 2015, 12:00 PM   #1
Calm like a bomb

Spyder CCFL Halos w/LED's

I've searched the forums and it doesn't seem that anyone has a thread on these. I am leaning towards these for a few reasons. Have any of yall installed these suckers? I think they will look really good on the graphite pearl body color so if anyone has pics can you post them? And if you have/had them installed what your thoughts on them are? Thanks.
StevilKnievel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 20th, 2015, 08:13 PM   #2
The Jester

retrofits, niteshade the inside of the housings, and/or niteshade the mounting parts that come with hids.

the lights in spyders do not work well, kind of like using a maglite or a cheapo 50c flashlight. Both use the same battery, probably the same bulb, so why does one suck?
oraclem19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 21st, 2015, 09:02 AM   #3
Calm like a bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by oraclem19 View Post
retrofits, niteshade the inside of the housings, and/or niteshade the mounting parts that come with hids.

the lights in spyders do not work well, kind of like using a maglite or a cheapo 50c flashlight. Both use the same battery, probably the same bulb, so why does one suck?
I do agree that most of these aftermarket headlights are crap. I've done quite a bit of research on these. The CCFL bulb is different than what the standard halos have. This type of bulb uses a different type of fillament and ballast in them but, what I like about these in particular, is that the unit is totally sealed to keep moisture out and the fact that these bulbs need much less heat to operate keeps the temp difference from creating that ****ty condensation on the inside of the lens (one of the main reasons I want to replace the factory ones). Assuming the info Spyder provides is accurate the lumens produced by these is slightly better than the Silverstar Ultras I currently use. The only issue is, I have not talked to anyone with them or been able to physically inspect them.

Old January 21st, 2015, 10:16 PM   #4
The Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevilKnievel View Post
I do agree that most of these aftermarket headlights are crap. I've done quite a bit of research on these. The CCFL bulb is different than what the standard halos have. This type of bulb uses a different type of fillament and ballast in them but, what I like about these in particular, is that the unit is totally sealed to keep moisture out and the fact that these bulbs need much less heat to operate keeps the temp difference from creating that ****ty condensation on the inside of the lens (one of the main reasons I want to replace the factory ones). Assuming the info Spyder provides is accurate the lumens produced by these is slightly better than the Silverstar Ultras I currently use. The only issue is, I have not talked to anyone with them or been able to physically inspect them.
Lol. now go and compare some silverstar ultra lumens to phillips HID lumens. Actually I'll go do that for you now.

CCFL housings and rings can be taped on, affixed, or there's even some housings that come with mounting spots for them. And they're not cheap, even swappable.

Your unit once retrofitted will also be fully watertight(to the bulb) if done correctly. Although if you're in water up to your bulbs you may want to have some higher priorities.

The projectors in spyders are very narrow and known for melting over the years if not weeks, especially if you put decent bulbs in them.

Also HIDS will NEVER be cooler running than halogens. It's just not possible, which is likely why no headlight sets are truly sealed after retrofitting. Although if you did fully seal them, the minimal amount of moisture inside shouldn't be an issue. It kind of just turns into steam until something getting dry and old absorbs it.

Not trying to trash you here, jut trying to keep you from trashing a buckfifty.
Old January 21st, 2015, 10:40 PM   #5
The Jester

Phillips 85112+ puts out about 3400 lumens. Sylvania silverstar ultra puts out 1700 lumens. And IIRC someone recently made a nearly 4000 lumen 35w light.

none of which will work in the spyders, as cheeky the casings may be.
Old January 24th, 2015, 11:52 AM   #6
Sosi baklazhani bydlo

Send a message via AIM to LiquidXplosion
ive seen the spyders in person. The output sucked and they just didn't flow well with the car. My 2 cents.
LiquidXplosion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 8th, 2015, 03:54 AM   #7

I JUST installed I think the same ones today!

"SpyderŪ - Black CCFL Halo Projector Headlights with LEDs" on CarID (I can't post links yet) / item # 25510586

I've used about 3 different after market headlight assemblies and honestly, these have been the most sturdy so far. The CCFL's are wicked bright (i've had LED ones before the sucked) and they glow a slightly blue white which match my HID's. I got my HID kit from DDMTuning and have had it for a year with no issues. The bulb type in this one is an H1, so all I had to do was order two H1 bulbs (a total of 30$) from ddm tuning and fit them in!

You get what you pay for, they are only 170$ however I think price to quality has been worth it. I live in Utah and the snowy/rainy weather is a challenge and I'm excited to see how these hold up. The casing was very well sealed too compared to any other assemblies I've seen.

The installation was easy, and these actually fit better than the last two I've installed also. The others would either come out more on the top or bottom and not fit against the body of the car, these were pretty good (I wonder if that may just be a manufacturing problem?).

Those are my two cents.
NorthMcCormick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 9th, 2015, 08:47 AM   #8
Calm like a bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthMcCormick View Post
I JUST installed I think the same ones today!

"SpyderŪ - Black CCFL Halo Projector Headlights with LEDs" on CarID (I can't post links yet) / item # 25510586

I've used about 3 different after market headlight assemblies and honestly, these have been the most sturdy so far. The CCFL's are wicked bright (i've had LED ones before the sucked) and they glow a slightly blue white which match my HID's. I got my HID kit from DDMTuning and have had it for a year with no issues. The bulb type in this one is an H1, so all I had to do was order two H1 bulbs (a total of 30$) from ddm tuning and fit them in!

You get what you pay for, they are only 170$ however I think price to quality has been worth it. I live in Utah and the snowy/rainy weather is a challenge and I'm excited to see how these hold up. The casing was very well sealed too compared to any other assemblies I've seen.

The installation was easy, and these actually fit better than the last two I've installed also. The others would either come out more on the top or bottom and not fit against the body of the car, these were pretty good (I wonder if that may just be a manufacturing problem?).

Those are my two cents.
Yes those particular lights are the ones I was referring to. Get your posts up and upload some pics please.
Old February 9th, 2015, 09:48 AM   #9

I'd strongly recommend getting retrofits, even an MH1 has way better light output and you could do it yourself for close to the same cost as these (in my opinion) craptastic headlights. Why do you think they are only 200 (give or take depending on seller) when proper retrofit components cost the same price alone depending on the setup. I've had a set of eBay projectors back on my old accord, thought they had the "cool" factor. I've never hated a pair of headlights so much in my life. They aren't recommended to have HIDs running in them thats why the come with halogen bulbs, I put his in mine and i honestly think it got worse. My recommendation to you would be to do a MH1 retrofit, plug and play installation, hell id even help you out over PMs etc if you got stuck. Below I have a video I found on youtube comparing a real HID projector to eBay projectors. I have done a few MH1 retrofits and a few TSX retrofits and in he process of an FX-R on my headlights right now and i have had eBay junk projectors so i think i have plenty of experience to help point you in the right direction

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77AjrZN8T8U
Nickdees is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 11th, 2015, 03:54 PM   #10
Sosi baklazhani bydlo

Ive done my share of retros and i honestly recommend them over anything including the inspires i had. Morimoto H1 is the simplest one and it can be done in like 2-3 hours if you opt out of painting. Tsx is a benchmark of what everyone goes by because of the size and relative ease of making them work for the amount spent. My favorite when i was in the retro game were my fxr because they are bixenon and colorful. Harder to install and make work but if you take your time its well worth it.

StevilKnievel if youre in the market for lights i have a set of gunmetal inspires that will give you nice output and killer look.
Old February 12th, 2015, 08:15 AM   #11
Calm like a bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidXplosion View Post
Ive done my share of retros and i honestly recommend them over anything including the inspires i had. Morimoto H1 is the simplest one and it can be done in like 2-3 hours if you opt out of painting. Tsx is a benchmark of what everyone goes by because of the size and relative ease of making them work for the amount spent. My favorite when i was in the retro game were my fxr because they are bixenon and colorful. Harder to install and make work but if you take your time its well worth it.

StevilKnievel if youre in the market for lights i have a set of gunmetal inspires that will give you nice output and killer look.
I saw your thread and they do look nice. Problem is $. The only reason I was even looking at the Spyders was the price factor. I plan on keeping my OEM so if these Spyders turn out to be crap I can prob flip em' easy on CL. And while they are out I can have a friend of mine, who is an excellent body/paint man, fart around with them. But all this might be wasted words as I have just prepared my taxes and it doesn't look good.
Old February 15th, 2015, 01:21 PM   #12
Sosi baklazhani bydlo

:d
Old February 15th, 2015, 01:25 PM   #13

We need to get a PA meet put together this summer guys

OP, don't waste your money with that eBay garbage. Retrofit.

'07 EX-L HFP V6 Coupe w/ Navi - "Tawonda"
Graphite Pearl / Black Leather
(Sold 7/26/17)

'17 Touring HFP V6 Coupe - "Bianca"
White Orchid Pearl / Black Ivory Leather
(Purchased 5/18/17)
DreaminAccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 15th, 2015, 05:20 PM   #14

Incorporate in Nevada, Belize and Malta in that order. Pay the chair for services of doing your taxes then declare chapter ten.

Go nuts and buy the spyders
State.Of.Prime is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 15th, 2015, 08:34 PM   #15
Sosi baklazhani bydlo

Can i come to the PA meet? Ill park far away
StevilKnievel likes this.
Old February 16th, 2015, 06:58 AM   #16
Calm like a bomb

Quote:
Originally Posted by State.Of.Prime View Post
Incorporate in Nevada, Belize and Malta in that order. Pay the chair for services of doing your taxes then declare chapter ten.

Go nuts and buy the spyders
Huh?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in