NOS / MPG questions - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 17th, 2015, 03:13 PM   #1

NOS / MPG questions

So I have two questions here.

1.) Can nos be added to the v6 5at without causing transmission explosion if used conservatively?
2.) Who has nos and where them pics at.
3.) Can a nos bottle be kept in my trunk in arizona (outside temp 100+ regularly, car parked in sun can probably reach 150 degrees when left for a while).

MPG:

What engine mods can be done to improve mpg? I talk to sherp a lot and he said before he got a tune he was at 30+ mpg because of his engine work. Are there specific things I can do to drastically improve mpg like this? RN i'm getting aboug 18 city 27 highway and 22mpg on average per tank.
Strath is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 18th, 2015, 07:15 PM   #2
The Jester

I'm interested in the temp thing too(same town) as I measured my IAT outside of the tube at 140 the other day.

As far as mpg, 1. Bring your car to me and bring 1k and I should be able to get it up to around 20 or 22/30. 2. We're simply screwed because of the heat.

It's hard to make free power at 100-120iat. Fresh sparks, if not one step colder, clean intake system and heads, lapped valves or a valve job, and running good 5-20 oil or 20 oil are what have led me to the best. Also low rolling resistance tires and a proper suspension are key around here due to the amount of waves in our roads causing some serious bounce. Cutting weight helps too.
The mix milled to the right size spacer helps with city some thanks to added torque at low rpm.

Send me your number in a message Andy can take a look, plus I have a load of milled mdx spacers.
oraclem19 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 19th, 2015, 04:50 PM   #3

I'm pretty sure this guy has pics up in his build thread.

I'm in FL and left my car out with the bottle full, but never all day. There is a pressure safety valve (forget correct term) that will go around 3000psi, so your bottle technically will never blow but will blow that valve out. I don't advise letting the shop to "overfill" your bottle.
accord325 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in