Test drove an 06 AV6 sedan today... Brought me back - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By e713
  • 4 Post By SnickterP

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 30th, 2015, 10:57 AM   #1

Test drove an 06 AV6 sedan today... Brought me back

Hey all. Just checking in again after several months away...

Back in 2013 I traded my 06 Av6 sedan with 89k miles in for a brand new 2012 Nissan Rogue SL AWD SUV... The 2012 Rogue was cool for what it was... Pretty sporty handling-wise, much better sound system than the 06 AV6, much better features and AWD, etc...

Fast forward to April of this year, I traded the 2012 Rogue in for a 2015 Rogue SL Premium AWD with even MORE features and such, but this time.... The payment is more than I should have taken on, and not only that... Much of the "sportiness" the 2012 Rogue had is absent in the 2015... However, it is a much more comfortable and refined vehicle, and it is a great vehicle for what it is. Its actually probably twice the vehicle the 2012 was...

Anyway...

I'm finding myself wanting to downgrade from my current vehicle for financial reasons and I'm considering a 7.5 gen AV6 again... So the dealership by me happens to have an 06 AV6 sedan in Desert Mist Metallic just like mine was, except mine was an EXL and this one is an LX.

I went there and test drove it, and man, I forgot how these Accords are put together. The one from today needed an alignment and new tires, but even with that, the steering feels so much heavier (in a good way) than my Rogue. Also, the Accord's suspension (the one I test drove has 82k miles) is comfortable, yet planted over bumps. I forgot that. In fact, I don't actually remember mine feeling as comfortable as the one today. And the power... Whew... I forgot how nice the engine is! Its a nice change in melody from a 4cyl.

Things I will miss if I come back to a 7.5 gen: Excellent sound system, LED headlights, AWD, AWD, AWD, sitting up higher (SUV), cargo space, versatility, All-Around camera system, and probably a few other things...

Anyway, just posted this to basically say "hey" again, and let you guys know I may be back on the team soon. I'm considering an 07-08 TL as well but I don't like the idea of having to use premium gas. So I'm not sure which route I'll take yet. Time will tell.

I will leave you with a few pics of my old AV6.

FollowingNFront is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 2nd, 2015, 09:58 PM   #2

this time get the 6 speed sedan, it's a huge difference
Joseph Lee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 4th, 2015, 04:40 PM   #3
6 Speed-O

yal and Nickdees like this.
e713 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old November 4th, 2015, 06:41 PM   #4

As a new owner (1 week) of an Accord V6 6speed, I agree with your sentiments. I'm coming from experience with Subarus and Dodge trucks. I absolutely love my Subaru for its all-wheel-drive and utility, but as far as the motor goes, the V6 VTEC is on such a different level. I find myself having to look at the tach because the engine is so smooth and quiet throughout the rev range that I can't tell by sound or feel how fast the motor is turning and when to shift. And the acceleration is absolutely fantastic.

I also agree on the steering. Heavy steering, light clutch, smooth gearbox, smoother engine,...all things I'm liking about this car.

Far as AWD goes, just get some good snow tires, General Altimax Arctic or the like and you will go just fine. I have a Subaru and a Dakota and the 4wd is nice, but without good [winter] tires any car-regardless of the number of driven wheels-is going to suck in the snow. After all, the dangerous part of winter driving isn't usually getting stuck; it's not being able to stop. AWD does nothing to help you when you need to stop quick. A spare set of steel wheels and snow tires will make you very pleased.
tibug is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 6th, 2016, 07:35 PM   #5

Hey all,

I'm new here. I seem to be in a similar position as FollowingNFront. I might be looking to trade in my relatively new car that I don't drive a whole lot for an '07 Accord V6 sedan 6 speed. I always prefer manuals, and love the idea of a sleeper kind of car (I usesd to own a '92 Taurus SHO 5 speed back in the day). Going to test drive it tomorrow. Did you ever get yours?
SnickterP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 7th, 2016, 01:22 AM   #6
Honda enthusiast

Those old SHOs are beast! Yamaha racing motor ftw. The accord v6 sedan manual is pretty much a Honda version of the sho. I want one! I have an 03 v6 manual coupe and it's great.
michaellowrider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 7th, 2016, 10:24 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaellowrider View Post
Those old SHOs are beast! Yamaha racing motor ftw. The accord v6 sedan manual is pretty much a Honda version of the sho. I want one! I have an 03 v6 manual coupe and it's great.
Well I picked it up! It's really quite fun to drive, almost surprises you. I didn't realize how quite so rare the 6 speed V6 was in a four door. It was in really great condition too. 150,000 miles but I'll bet mostly highway. It really does remind me of the SHO. It's great, EX-L with nav. I'll get some pics on here soon!
Old May 8th, 2016, 12:10 AM   #8

yes they are quite rare esp. since most people buying a 4dr. want it in automatic

i see one pop up on craigslist very rarely
2i2dk1ny2i3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 8th, 2016, 11:40 AM   #9
Mr. Detail

There is an AV6 6 speed sedan for sale locally, might go look at it. Kinda want a 6 speed G35 coupe more but if the price is right on the Accord...I'll use my current one for work and the 6MT for weekends to keep the miles off my 5AT.
Scottwax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 10th, 2016, 01:38 PM   #10

Well here she is. Very happy so far!

Old May 10th, 2016, 01:56 PM   #11

Very nice, and very clean.
Domi_no is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 11th, 2016, 08:08 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domi_no View Post
Very nice, and very clean.
Thanks very much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in