Accord V6 Forum banner

Rich01's 03 Accord Coupe V6 6spd Over the Years...

7K views 37 replies 17 participants last post by  0VM66T 
#1 · (Edited)
I've been meaning to make a profile thread over here since I decided to signup and stop lurking a fews years back. Sorry, but a lot of this will be a copy of my Profile on EliteCM.net.
Lot's of credit to Paul, Ken, Dom, Z and others for most of my performance mods

About Me:
Interests: Autos, Technology, TV shows, etc.

About My Car:
Model: Accord Coupe EX Navi
Color: Night Hawk Black Pearl
Engine: J36
Tranny: 6spd Manual
Current Mods:

EXTERIOR
HFP front lip and side skirts
Work Emotions CR Kai Wheels 17x8front/17x9rear
Black out reverse light
Red painted calipers
3M Dinoc wrapped hood
TSX Retro w/ e46 bazel and flat black paint reflector
Blazer mini Retro fogs w/ 2300k bulbs
Plastidipped entire car Matte Black

SUSPENSION
Tein S-Tech springs
Koni Yellow struts
TL rear sway bar with urethane bushings
TL-S front sway bar
TL-S Steering rack conversion

ENGINE
J36 Build (Powered up 1/1/15) by NVA-AV6
Ported J30 heads & Runners with TL-S Cams
RDX 410CC injectors
Fuel return with Regulator
Clutch check valve delete
P2R 6 puck clutch disc with OEM PP
MDX Intake manifold spacer
3" Short Ram Intake w/ red powder coat
Borla Cat back Exhaust
RV6P V3 J-pipe modded for AEM wideband
Hondata Flashpro
Base TL ECU
Street Tuned by DomGSR-T
XlR8 75a motor mounts
LSD from Base 3rd gen TL

INTERIOR
Pioneer Amp
Grom Audio USB, Ipod, AUX adapter
Nickel Chromium Plated RSX-s Shift knob
AEM AFR gauge in a custom pod that I made

Warning!!! picture heavy lol

Pics from Paul

J30 with bolt ons (Vdyno) baseline

LSD

New J32A3 block

And so it begins

During the install (a long few days)

On the way home

Vdyno tuned comparison

Dyno Dynamics Dyno comparison on a 90* day (done to compare how close Vdyno is)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kVnmPNSdHE

Here you go Ike, over a year later lol

See less See more
#5 ·
Thanks guys

Daily driving with this much torque in the low rpm is great. Car is a lot of fun to drive. I still have to open up the intake and exhaust a bit. DTB as soon as Paul finishes it and 2.5" exhaust, Tsudo or custom. I really can't go much larger because of ground clearance to get up my driveway and in my garage.

I also have the center mount engine torque dampener to install.

#21 ·
What was it running at before? Also what hiccups did you have with the J36 build/install? I'm planning this myself but don't have a second vehicle so I want to do all my research ahead of time. Did you run a different injector setup at first or went straight to the return system with the RDX injectors?
Thanks man!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#22 ·
I would have to look back at calibration before the low temp thermostat but I believe the stock was 210on and 190off. I don't remember tho.

As you can see from the pics, Paul had the engine built and ready for install ahead of time. During the install the only blindside we got were shredded motor mounts so we had to have a set overnighted from XLR8 performance here in CT. I also had to replace O2 sensors

issues I ran into in the months after, when Dom started tuning:
The diaphragm in the return regulator started leaking and had to be rebuild.
Then I found that with the retur style system if you're parked for a while especially with a pump working overtime, the system had to be primed a few times before starting.
I replaced the pump and strainer and right now we're finishing up tweaking the tune because it got rich after these were replaced.

So no crazy issues that would leave you stranded or in the shop overnight. To a bad APP sensor almost did lol but that's unrelated. :)

In the end, if you're modding a car with 185000 miles that's a daily some routine maintenance items should be replaced also because there's no telling hope long they'll last after you have increased demand.

#23 ·
this is a sweet build I love all the pics! I just purchased my second car today, an 05 Acura TL 6 speed with the original plan to take the j32a3 drivetrain and put it in my 06 accord AV6 but I spent a little more than I wanted to on the TL so might use it as is before I rip it to shreds and make it a skeleton. After seeing your build thread though I'm tempted to start already lol

#30 ·
This is what happened when you run a low temp thermostat in winter. Same issue Ken ran into. Rev83 is low temp, rev 85 is OEM:

Now with AEM V2 like CAI rev85 vs rev86

Again these are done with Vdyno with all factors being as similar as possible and was very close to an actual DynoJet. Used to compare effects of changes/mods

Note to the guys with the IM spacer and running 4" intake tubes, be careful how you orient the clamps. They will hit the hood liner if positioned on top.

CAI

#32 ·
No gains. It was more of a safety measure to keep the engine bay temps in check. Started out because we thought the fuel might be boiling in the rails after i park for a short time. Turns out with the return style fuel mods, you sometimes have to prime it before starting.

#37 ·
to get out of tight spaces;). At the time when I needed to replace the rack, all the parts needed for the conversion combined were cheaper than the OEM accord rack. Plus side is tighter gearing and increased turning radius in my coupe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.