engine shakes, no engine codes - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 28th, 2016, 07:24 PM   #1

engine shakes, no engine codes

hello, i habe a 2004 honda accord coupe v6 mt 180xxx miles i been doing every service the car needs, i need help to figure this out, my car engine has been shaking alot it just started like 2 months ago when it is cold it shakes alot and i mean alot, i being checking alot of things but i cant find what it is,
1 check motormounts- thats almost new
2 spark plugs new
3 ignition coils new
4 clean throtle body
5 pcv
6 i use injector cleaner so injectors are not bad
i also have a craftsman code reader, and i look for codes but it doesnt give me any codes, i dont know what else to do, when i turn the a/c on the shaking barely go away but it still do the same every day every time the engine gets cold, does somebody kow what could it be??, i been checking on google and you tube but cant find anything pleasee help!!
pizokk1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 24th, 2016, 06:39 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizokk1 View Post
hello, i habe a 2004 honda accord coupe v6 mt 180xxx miles i been doing every service the car needs, i need help to figure this out, my car engine has been shaking alot it just started like 2 months ago when it is cold it shakes alot and i mean alot, i being checking alot of things but i cant find what it is,
2 spark plugs new
3 ignition coils new
4 clean throtle body
5 pcv
i also have a craftsman code reader, and i look for codes but it doesnt give me any codes, i dont know what else to do, when i turn the a/c on the shaking barely go away but it still do the same every day every time the engine gets cold, does somebody kow what could it be??, i been checking on google and you tube but cant find anything pleasee help!!
theres 3 engine mount...... also, aftermarket ones will not perform like oem.....
qaz393 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 26th, 2016, 10:23 AM   #3

Did you install OEM Honda Mounts? Or aftermarket? Like qaz393 said, there is a left, front, and rear motor mount.

Does it shake on idle? Or when driving? Or both?

Have you checked your serpentine belt and pulley alignment? If a pulley is just 1 degree off when spinning, your belts will squeal and your engine could possibly vibrate.

At 180xxx mileage, I would change both the timing belt and the serpentine belt, and possibly look into changing the crank pulley, idler pulley, tension pulley, alternator, power steering pump and hose, and AC unit. You also might want to purchase a gasket kit and replace all of your old engine gaskets. There are much better parts on today's market than there was when the car was made in 2004 and these are worthwhile upgrades on an older engine. I would also clean your engine w a good engine degreaser and a hose or power washer. Just go ahead and wash the engine, I have done this plenty to my J30A4 with no problems.

I would also recommend changing all of your fluids at this mileage: Power Steering, Transmission, Cooling, Brake, Engine Oil. The best transmission fluid is Royal Purple Synthetic. Change your power steering fluid to either Honda or Royal Purple. Use a good brand pre mix for cooling, and a good brand for brake fluid also. For Oil, I would use your choice of brand of fully synthetic 5W20.

You also might want to look into getting a drop in K&N for the stock air box.

I think your vibrations will disappear if you do the upgrades I mentioned, which will need to be done eventually anyway.
AccordFire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old September 26th, 2016, 12:29 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizokk1 View Post
2 spark plugs new
3 ignition coils new
4 clean throtle body
5 pcv
1. Invest in some Innovative 75A Mounts. Worth the $275
2. Nice. I would use NGK Iridium, which I presume you are.
3. Nice
4. Nice. Look into replacing the intake manifold and throttle body with a J37 Magnesium if you have the money.
5. Nice
6. Use injector cleaner with a tank of premium fuel for best results.
AccordFire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 22nd, 2016, 07:50 PM   #5

Which mounts did you get? I actually got an aftermarket kit and my engines is as smooth as new. No vibrations whatsoever.
salcuta88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in