New 6-6 sedan owner - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By MickD93
  • 1 Post By LTFA182
  • 1 Post By simione
  • 1 Post By Scottwax
  • 2 Post By LTFA182

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 31st, 2017, 11:37 AM   #1

New 6-6 sedan owner

Hello I just purchased a 2006 Carbon Bronze Pearl V6 6 speed sedan last weekend. I'm super stoked about it, I had been looking for one for a few months and came across one within driving distance and up to par with my standards. It's a 1 owner car with 105k miles, black leather and navigation. It'll be my daily so I don't have anything too crazy planned, I was thinking a custom ice box intake, j pipe, custom catback, coilovers, tints, and a HID retrofit.

This is my 8th Honda, I have an 01 Integra GSR that I auto-x and the wife drives an 09 Pilot. I look forward to meeting you guys and seeing some other tastefully modded 7th gens!

Rich01, Achmiel, 0VM66T and 1 others like this.
MickD93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 31st, 2017, 08:58 PM   #2

Nice ride man!
MickD93 likes this.
LTFA182 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 1st, 2017, 08:21 AM   #3

WOW! nice find!
MickD93 likes this.
simione is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old June 2nd, 2017, 11:10 PM   #4
Mr. Detail

So few of those out there, nice pick up!
MickD93 likes this.
Scottwax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 8th, 2017, 09:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottwax View Post
Honestly, it cause we're the chosen ones.
Scottwax and MickD93 like this.
Old June 8th, 2017, 10:19 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTFA182 View Post
Honestly, it cause we're the chosen ones.
I think you're on to something 😂. I found this one the day it was listed, put $200 down on it, went that weekend and bought it. I was told 6 other people called about it in that 5 day period between it being listed and me buying it. They had it priced right too, picked it up for $6200. I don't plan to get rid of her, same with my 01 GSR hatch. Gotta preserve these rare beauties!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Old June 9th, 2017, 05:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottwax View Post
very true, this color combination is the unicorn of the 7.5 gens
Old June 9th, 2017, 06:22 PM   #8

Oh I didn't even pick up on the color combo. I got black on black. More common

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old June 9th, 2017, 06:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich01 View Post
very true, this color combination is the unicorn of the 7.5 gens
I thought so. Most of the CBP Accord's came with tan(my least favorite) leather right? I imagine there's only a handful of 6-6's with CBP paint, black interior and navi.

Old July 28th, 2017, 07:06 AM   #10

I have the exact same model and color, purchased new in 2006! It's been great and I've done a lot of suspension and general improvement mods over the years. Mine has nearly 100k and is needing compliance bushings at this point. Shocks were worn out and replaced last year with Tokico HTS! Enjoy your new ride!
metzb1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 28th, 2017, 07:23 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by metzb1 View Post
I have the exact same model and color, purchased new in 2006! It's been great and I've done a lot of suspension and general improvement mods over the years. Mine has nearly 100k and is needing compliance bushings at this point. Shocks were worn out and replaced last year with Tokico HTS! Enjoy your new ride!
Thanks! That's awesome, I think it's probably my favorite color combo available. I got lucky and the previous owner did the timing belt and all the shocks we're also recently replaced, although Tein SAZ's are at the top of my mod list.

Old August 2nd, 2017, 09:39 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickD93 View Post
I thought so. Most of the CBP Accord's came with tan(my least favorite) leather right? I imagine there's only a handful of 6-6's with CBP paint, black interior and navi.

Man the more and more I read on these forums the more I feel lucky to have bought my car! I picked up an 03 accord coupe 6MT, just now am I realizing how hard it is to find one with the black leather interior, HFP kit, and Navi like mine

Nice find by the way! 105k miles is nothing! I'm at 210k and still pulling strong!
Cptjax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 3rd, 2017, 02:05 PM   #13

Nice! Wish my accord was the 6-6!
1CDNACCORD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 16th, 2018, 10:01 AM   #14

Nice car! I just bought literally the exact same car in the same color, except mine has the tan leather interior which is kind of a bummer. But W/E. I'm just stoked I finally found one of these extremely rare cars in great condition - mine is a 1 owner clean carfax with 91K miles, bone stock, no issues with 3rd gear, and based on my first oil change burns zero oil. And it is mint inside and out.
#1Gaza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 18th, 2018, 07:53 AM   #15

I just bought one of these, and it's now dead with some pretty gnarly rod knock. Black leather interior, too. Glad you guys have ones that seem a little bit more sorted! Pretty sure the PO ran mine low on oil at some point in the recent past before sale (had oil in it when I bought it and I kept it topped up). It was the best car I'd ever had, smooth and powerful.

I guess I can't include pictures because my post count isn't high enough but yeah. Mine looks great too (until you start the engine and it make an unholy racket!)

At any rate, I am probably going to part mine out unless I can get someone that wants to buy it for an engine swap (the interior is in great shape and the exterior has no major flaws). Sucks but I gotta recoup my money somehow. Let me know if anyone is looking for parts, such as interior stuff like door cards and seats (I also can't post in the classifieds until I hit ten posts I guess!)

Last edited by steve2000; May 18th, 2018 at 08:23 AM..
steve2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 19th, 2018, 01:55 PM   #16
Mr. Detail

Why not get a used motor for it? Perfect time to stuff a 3.2 (or 3.5) into it.
Scottwax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 22nd, 2018, 08:28 AM   #17

Thus far I've been trying to find a j30a5 to do a direct replacement but haven't been having too much luck (prices are pretty high for high mileage engines). How in depth is the 3.2 swap?

You can put the 3.5 into the 7th gen? How much work does that take?
Old May 23rd, 2018, 07:11 AM   #18

Do some searching on the forum here, and also check out elitecm.net; Paul Smalzer (NVA-AV6) is pretty much the expert on the J series and started several good threads in regards to the various engine swaps available to Accord owners. He's no longer active but the info he's posted is invaluable.

From what I've read, the J32 is the easiest swap by far. Should just be able to bolt right up to your stock ECU and transmission.
#1Gaza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 28th, 2018, 08:25 PM   #19

sweet 6-6! and rare too, i love my 6-6 coupe but i got a kid on the way and sedan 6-6s are super hard to come by, i might have to settle for a i4 5speed sedan.
7thgen66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 30th, 2018, 02:49 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Gaza View Post
Do some searching on the forum here, and also check out elitecm.net; Paul Smalzer (NVA-AV6) is pretty much the expert on the J series and started several good threads in regards to the various engine swaps available to Accord owners. He's no longer active but the info he's posted is invaluable.

From what I've read, the J32 is the easiest swap by far. Should just be able to bolt right up to your stock ECU and transmission.
Thanks! Yeah, it would be nice to go j32 because they are way more common in junkyards round these parts. It sounds like they will mostly run ok, but the warnings about not going full throttle with a j32 running on a j30 ecu scare me a bit. Seems like I should really go aftermarket ecu or get a tl one swapped over (which I guess requires reprogramming keys.)

At any rate, the car is being prepped for engine removal in my driveway. Looking forward to getting it out of there and then the engine search begins in earnest (in a junkyard).

EDIT: I realized that if I use a j32 with an acura ecu it will not pass emissions as the system will see it reporting as an acura tl and flag me. New plan is for a jdm j30a5 from a local importer.

Last edited by steve2000; May 31st, 2018 at 09:56 AM.. Reason: more info
Old June 4th, 2018, 12:12 AM   #21

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve2000 View Post
Thanks! Yeah, it would be nice to go j32 because they are way more common in junkyards round these parts. It sounds like they will mostly run ok, but the warnings about not going full throttle with a j32 running on a j30 ecu scare me a bit. Seems like I should really go aftermarket ecu or get a tl one swapped over (which I guess requires reprogramming keys.)

At any rate, the car is being prepped for engine removal in my driveway. Looking forward to getting it out of there and then the engine search begins in earnest (in a junkyard).

EDIT: I realized that if I use a j32 with an acura ecu it will not pass emissions as the system will see it reporting as an acura tl and flag me. New plan is for a jdm j30a5 from a local importer.
waiiiiiittt don't avoid the J32 ! I'm j32a3 swapped (04 TL Motor in 03 Accord 6-6 coupe) and its not that crazy at all!, the motor can come from any 04-06 TL auto or manual, theres only one little sensor on the intake manifold (the sensor near the throttle body with a vacuum hose) that had a different plug, you can start the motor and run it LOW THROTTLE on stock ECU, they say anything but WOT will be fine but for me even 40% throttle gave me lean codes but everyones situation is different. If you go to the Honda dealer near you and explain to the master technician what you're doing they can write your VIN to the TL ECU and program your key, the hardest part is gonna be finding the Manual (NOT AUTO) TL ECU.

Theres only 3 wires you need to move around your ECU plug (connector A) to be mint with functioning cruise control and no check engine light. you can hold off repining the ECU as the car will ride perfectly fine without moving those 3 pins right away, the code is for something random like a EVAP Canister, i drove like 5 weeks almost everyday before i sat down and dealt with the pins.

If you have any j32a3 swap questions feel free to PM me.
7thgen66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 4th, 2018, 12:56 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thgen66 View Post
waiiiiiittt don't avoid the J32 ! I'm j32a3 swapped (04 TL Motor in 03 Accord 6-6 coupe) and its not that crazy at all!, the motor can come from any 04-06 TL auto or manual, theres only one little sensor on the intake manifold (the sensor near the throttle body with a vacuum hose) that had a different plug, you can start the motor and run it LOW THROTTLE on stock ECU, they say anything but WOT will be fine but for me even 40% throttle gave me lean codes but everyones situation is different. If you go to the Honda dealer near you and explain to the master technician what you're doing they can write your VIN to the TL ECU and program your key, the hardest part is gonna be finding the Manual (NOT AUTO) TL ECU.

Theres only 3 wires you need to move around your ECU plug (connector A) to be mint with functioning cruise control and no check engine light. you can hold off repining the ECU as the car will ride perfectly fine without moving those 3 pins right away, the code is for something random like a EVAP Canister, i drove like 5 weeks almost everyday before i sat down and dealt with the pins.

If you have any j32a3 swap questions feel free to PM me.
This sounds great and I actually really want to go j32, but the problem is I live in an emissions state and every year I have to go to the shop and have them plug their emissions machine in. One of the things it does is confirm that the ECU is reporting the same model of car as the VIN... and I won't pass that, which means I won't pass emissions. I confirmed this with my mechanic, and yeah it sucks bigtime. His exact words were "yeah, they are really cracking down on that, you might get lucky but I know most shops that's an automatic fail." If you know a way around this, to get the TL ecu to report as an accord, let me know! (I sent you a PM)

In other news, engine and trans came out yesterday and are now sitting on my garage floor! Time to find a replacement.
Old June 6th, 2018, 06:25 PM   #23

Welcome to the club!
Zenithity is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 1st, 2018, 11:05 PM   #24

Beautiful car. I bought mine a couple of years ago.
Anewoasis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 9th, 2018, 12:22 AM   #25

Very rare find indeed. I picked my up at Carmax in town, blue and black combo.
Your car has option in the back of the DVD to add a back up camera.. do it.. there's a DIY guide somewhere around here for that..
lablueboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in