aftermarket Horns, any more info/suggestions? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 26th, 2017, 10:56 PM   #1

aftermarket Horns, any more info/suggestions?

our OEM Horns are fairly loud compared to other Gens. but if i can make them slighter louder/i.e. safer when i need them (lady who was merging into my lane w/out checking her blind spot almost hitting me, long Beep of the Horn solved this possible debacle)

i got re-motivated to do this after seeing these awesome looking ones on an NSX:

obviously it wouldn't look as good as the NSX or mostly on Subis but if it can be louder w/out being annoying or illegal like Train Horns/Air Horns and add a nice touch to the Front, i'm all for it

i have ever only seen 1 Accord w/different color Horns, has anyone recently swapped out OEM Horns for something else? would you put these on top of the OEM ones for an even louder noise (would be better for the Alarm if its triggered), thoughts?

vid of sound of HELLA 007424801 Twin Trumpet High/Low Tone 12V Horn Kit with Bracket:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNh6Jdj8lgE

price of this style:
https://www.amazon.com/HELLA-0074248.../dp/B000COBK8A

additional info:
Are Bosch and Mitsuba horns interchangeable? - Drive Accord Honda Forums

air/train horn stuff:
Changing the stock Horn - Drive Accord Honda Forums
2i2dk1ny2i3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 29th, 2017, 08:45 AM   #2
J30 LSD

I have been seriously considering a Vixen train horn onboard system for the past few months now. Not sure how I’ll be able to go about mounting everything out of sight, but I think it’s possible. Although it is probably illegal in the state of GA, I would choose to use it sparingly and not to be a d**k. Atlanta interstate traffic is getting more and more dangerous. And having to use I-285 (which happens to be rated the top most dangerous interstate in the country) during my regular commute can get really crazy at times. I would just prefer a loud enough horn when needed. There are just too many idiots on the roads here and a quick blast in the right direction may straighten out some of these “road hazards”.
flylow2cre8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 30th, 2017, 11:41 PM   #3

i've briefly thought about Train or Air horns

here's where the biggest problem comes into play for me...99% of drivers have never heard a Train/Air Horn and a lot of people will react by: stomping on the brakes as it will scare the living crap out of them and it is natural instinct to wanna stop...i.e. ever seen pedestrians reactions to Air/Train horns...most responds w/shock than immediate stop of movement...like someone stomping on their brakes

vids like will show you actual reactions:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icnRMW6P9nc

i am all for safety but if you do decide on Air/Train Horns, for your safety, consider ever "OTHER" driver as someone who has never heard something that loud and may freak out and cause more harm than good
2i2dk1ny2i3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old November 3rd, 2017, 07:06 AM   #4

Saw this thread and while I don't have anything constructive to add...I watched the reaction of people in a parking lot the other day when a guy let loose with what was apparently air / train horns on his car. I wish I had caught it on camera.

On another front, if you want your car to sound like the old Road Runner (beep beep) horn, get one from a new Hyundai Elantra. I had one as a rental car, double-clicked the remote to lock the car the first time and tone of that horn made me laugh out loud.
ctandc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in