replaced EGR, improved MPG - OEM vs. aftermarket - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By booley
  • 1 Post By NSWDoc
  • 1 Post By 2i2dk1ny2i3
  • 1 Post By booley

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 23rd, 2018, 10:06 PM   #1

replaced EGR, improved MPG - OEM vs. aftermarket

never had to replace this part but on the way from CO to UT on a business trip, i got rough idling, drove to auto parts store asap

luckily an O Rielly's had an aftermarket one in stock $90ish and its definitely a super easy install (3 bolts)

when i usually travel the 600 mile trip, i had to make at least 2 Gas stops. i was surprised to see that i basically did the 600 mile trip on a Full tank and 3/4

one question, is there a huge difference from OEM and aftermarket? The aftermarket one i got also came w/a dry gasket

i'll post pics of my old one soon
2i2dk1ny2i3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 24th, 2018, 01:21 PM   #2

we had a pilot that developed a rough idle. Can't remember how I diagnosed it, was there a CEL involved? Anyways changing the EGR fixed it. You're right easy job, I was concerned about breaking 1 of the bolts but everything loosened up,no problem.
We also had a GMC Safari van that developed the same problem, a repair shop "cleaned" it (at great expense) Fix was only temporary. Then we found out there was a recall on these and had it fixed for free...
booley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 27th, 2018, 10:01 AM   #3
Mr. Detail

At least it is better than the 4th gen Accords. The passages in the manifold would clog up and have to be drilled out. Just changing the EGR would have no effect.
Scottwax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 28th, 2018, 06:18 PM   #4

Message me for a PERMANENT fix...look at http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...=195314...that will give you some proper intel. Thanks!
NSWDoc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 28th, 2018, 06:25 PM   #5

GENTLEMAN AND LADIES (IF PRESENT)

If you have my modification please post some feedback up on the forum if you haven't already. It really would help...thanks again for your support...and have a great day!
Old April 1st, 2018, 01:55 AM   #6

here's what my old one looked like:

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/b...3/honda/accord
Old April 1st, 2018, 02:01 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by booley View Post
You're right easy job, I was concerned about breaking 1 of the bolts but everything loosened up,no problem.
i really did luck out, i made a pit stop right after Vail and clearing the mountains and my Exhaust idle noise didn't sound right

i drove straight to Grand Junction and headed to the O' Reillys and they had it in stock. i did not have a CEL but it was idling rough and to start it, i would have to mash the pedal...pulling out of the parking lot, CEL came on, we diagnosed it and it was EGR Code

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottwax View Post
At least it is better than the 4th gen Accords. The passages in the manifold would clog up and have to be drilled out. Just changing the EGR would have no effect.
wow! yeah the 4th gen. sounds way tougher than 7th gen

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSWDoc View Post
Message me for a PERMANENT fix...look at Bye Bye EGR....... - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums will give you some proper intel. Thanks!
i've heard mixed reviews on removing the EGR but if NVA-AV6 did it...definitely will check out that thread...thanks
Old May 2nd, 2018, 04:52 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2i2dk1ny2i3 View Post
i really did luck out, i made a pit stop right after Vail and clearing the mountains and my Exhaust idle noise didn't sound right

i drove straight to Grand Junction and headed to the O' Reillys and they had it in stock. i did not have a CEL but it was idling rough and to start it, i would have to mash the pedal...pulling out of the parking lot, CEL came on, we diagnosed it and it was EGR Code

i've heard mixed reviews on removing the EGR but if NVA-AV6 did it...definitely will check out that thread...thanks
He isn't a diety...I assure you...ask anyone that has my modification how much I improved on over what he made.
Old May 2nd, 2018, 04:52 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2i2dk1ny2i3 View Post

🤣
Old May 4th, 2018, 03:25 PM   #10

I got mine!!! With a bottle of maple syrup?
Attached Thumbnails
replaced EGR, improved MPG - OEM vs. aftermarket-3a02e70f-2a42-4bb9-9379-c6a6235bea7b_1525469039464.jpeg  
2i2dk1ny2i3 and NSWDoc like this.
Old May 9th, 2018, 06:23 PM   #11

Quote:
Gotta look out for your car and your pancakes......hope you enjoy it and let me know what you think. Have a killer night dude!
booley likes this.
Old June 17th, 2018, 11:26 PM   #12

Quote:
lol
NSWDoc likes this.
Old July 1st, 2018, 11:08 PM   #13

I may have to try this. My car isn't running rough but the gas mileage should be better than what I am getting.
Anewoasis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 7th, 2018, 06:02 AM   #14

NSWDoc is a good seller, buy with confidence
NSWDoc likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in