3M Hand Glaze - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 13th, 2018, 08:27 PM   #1

3M Hand Glaze

for as long as i've been buying wax, detailer, polisher products, i never heard of this until recently and hopefully this can help someone else in future:

if used Correctly, it has done wonders for Carbon Fiber rear trunk on bro-in-laws ride that has the faded clear coat, brought it back to new where every other product failed and i thought re-clear coating was the only option

WARNING: this is NOT a Wax, Detailer, Polisher and if you let it dry like your suppose to with Wax, it can seriously mess up you clear coat/paint and/or become a PITA to remove

Amazon reviews was a big help:

https://www.amazon.com/3M-39007-Impe...r&pageNumber=1

recently used them on my new Wheels that have paint plus clear coat and it turned out great. basically just used wax on, wax off technique than power buffing tools

it should also work wonders on darker color cars and restore Carbon Fiber fade to like new shine

Wheel before:

Wheel after:

2i2dk1ny2i3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 20th, 2018, 06:30 PM   #2
Mr. Detail

It's a very light polish, does have some filling capacity. Would highly suggest using a wax or sealant after since it has no protective properties of its own.
Scottwax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 20th, 2018, 11:16 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottwax View Post
It's a very light polish, does have some filling capacity. Would highly suggest using a wax or sealant after since it has no protective properties of its own.
i was recommended 3Mís Perfect-It Show Car Paste Wax on DA by RTexasF and will be picking it up

Old April 21st, 2018, 10:52 AM   #4
Mr. Detail

Thats really, really old technology now. The newer sealants are so much better. Pretty much all I use in my business now is Optimum Hyper Seal (you have to get it directly from Optimum) or paint coatings. I don't think I've used a wax in 4-5 years now. But if you want one that really lasts, Collinite 476S is the one to get. Old school, really long lasting paste wax. Still keep a tin on hand in case someone insists on me using wax on their car.
Scottwax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 17th, 2018, 11:24 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottwax View Post
Thats really, really old technology now. The newer sealants are so much better. Pretty much all I use in my business now is Optimum Hyper Seal (you have to get it directly from Optimum) or paint coatings. I don't think I've used a wax in 4-5 years now. But if you want one that really lasts, Collinite 476S is the one to get. Old school, really long lasting paste wax. Still keep a tin on hand in case someone insists on me using wax on their car.
ok thanks...i will try out the Collinite 476S after i use up the tin of 3M Paste Wax stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in