not sure where to start? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 25th, 2018, 08:25 AM   #1

not sure where to start?

Hi I'm new to this so if I'm not doing something right just let me know.
OK I have a 03 v6 accord with 240k,I've kept the trans fluid changed every 25-30k. It was rebuilt by Honda roughly 160k ago and I know it is way past due for rebuilding. I was driving to work one day everything is fine.I stop at a light and notice that when it shift from 2nd to 3th it slipped bad.then went into limp mode.I get the car home let it sit over night and try it the next morning. Started off good for the first few miles the it started its slipping.
Now I've checked all the sensors and switches and all is good with them.OK while I'm checking this problem it starts a new set of problems. When I go to start it now it acts like its flooded but does start but the gas pedal does nothing, the temp gauge goes straight to hot when the switch is turned on and the cooling fans come on and wont stop till I pull the fuse. Now the cel is on and will not reset, when the transmission first acted up there was no cel or drive lights blinking.This is the codes it gives me.P2122 P2127 P0109 P0117
P0112 P2228 P2627 P2630 and P0452. I've checked the fuses and the charging system and all is good. So if anyone has had this problem or have an idea PLEASE let me know. The car is in descent shape with new tires and slotted and drlled rotors with new pads and I would hate to junk it.
Thanks
Sorry for being so long with the details
Thanks Again for any help
jdnorris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 25th, 2018, 07:00 PM   #2
Mr. Detail

There is debris in the transmission that is clogging up the pump. When you turn off the car, the suction stops and the debris drops away. Drive it and it clogs up again. A proper master kit rebuild is going to run you $2000-2500 to do right and you want a shop that will add the Trans Lab shift kit-makes a big improvement in shift quality. You've got some O2 codes, a fuel pressure code and IAT code. Do you like this car enough to potentially put $3000+ into it?
Scottwax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 24th, 2018, 08:15 AM   #3

B7wa?

Does anyone know if a B7WA will fit and work in 03 Accord v6.
I have the wonderful BAYA in it now and needs to be replaced or rebuilt.
Thanks
jdnorris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in