2007 Accord V6 6 speed RPM Issues - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By blkcoupe03

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 21st, 2019, 11:33 PM   #1
sicksix

2007 Accord V6 6 speed RPM Issues

Can someone check out my obd2 readings from a recent drive? I am runner by pretty rich and my rpms are up by around 500 to 1k!

https://youtu.be/U0uTKe_eY8E
okimports is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 23rd, 2019, 01:33 PM   #2
sicksix

Bump.. Can someone help?
Old February 23rd, 2019, 02:36 PM   #3

What issues is the car having? I know you said you're running rich but is the car doing something weird or is there a check engine line or anything else?
blkcoupe03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old February 23rd, 2019, 06:47 PM   #4
sicksix

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkcoupe03 View Post
What issues is the car having? I know you said you're running rich but is the car doing something weird or is there a check engine line or anything else?
Well originally what happened was that I blew a spark plug on cylinder 6 and so replaced the spark plug and coil that was bad! It stripped the threads so had to get one of those retread kits! Anyway after fixing that, I feel like I have less power! When I am driving, I get up thru the rpms a lot faster and I know itís not because I am going faster! My rpms seem to be around 1k too high as I am driving, no codes thrown or anything like that but worried it is my cats or o2 sensors?
Old February 24th, 2019, 06:52 AM   #5

Try checking for a vacuum leak somewhere. I had a car once that had a similar issue that the RPM's seemed higher than normal and it turned out to be a vacuum line and a very small leak around the intake manifold.
okimports likes this.
Old February 25th, 2019, 09:01 PM   #6
sicksix

Quote:
Try checking for a vacuum leak somewhere. I had a car once that had a similar issue that the RPM's seemed higher than normal and it turned out to be a vacuum line and a very small leak around the intake manifold.
I am going to try your ideas thank you for replying! I looked at my air intake hose and there was a crack in it towards the connection to the engine so I just swapped that out and noticed the car is running richer now which I can only assume because the computer has not compensated for the change yet! I left the negative battery terminal off for about 5 min but still doing the same! Crank pattern learn and idle learn in order?
Old February 26th, 2019, 08:57 PM   #7

Did you ever find out the reason why your spark plug blew out?
Old February 26th, 2019, 11:59 PM   #8
sicksix

Quote:
Did you ever find out the reason why your spark plug blew out?
No I have not! I assume itís like the issue they were having with cylinder 5 blowing!
Old February 27th, 2019, 08:01 AM   #9

I'm at a lost now. The only other things I would check is compression on each cylinder just to make sure that the #6 spark plug didn't create more issues than just the spark plug. And maybe possibly check your timing. Could be a possibility that it has jumped timing. I don't know at this point, I'm just throwing stuff out there to check. Sorry I can't be much help but maybe someone else could shed some light.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in