Took forever to find some decent seats - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 7TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2003-2007)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By #1Gaza

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 15th, 2019, 05:10 PM   #1
Mr. Detail

Took forever to find some decent seats

254,000 miles have really taken their toll on the leather. Been looking at car part ads on craigslist for a few years now, just couldn't find anything in good enough shape to swap. A 2007 Accord popped up at a yard about 55 miles from me, pictures looked good. Drove out today and they were in really good shape. Not perfect but a massive improvement over mine. They wanted $125 per front seat and $50 for the bottom rear seat (upper part was fine on my car). Changed out the seats when I got home. Pretty easy. 4 14 mm bolts holding them down, plus some electrical connections to unclip. The passenger side front seat has the seat belt that extends to fit bolted to it, also a 14 mm bolt.

Only issue was my seats had an additional airbag module attached. I can see where it would go on the new seat but the mounting area is different so I left it off for now. So I have an airbag light. No biggie, won't affect state inspections. And my interior looks so much better now!

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

Cleaned the seats (they weren't bad at all) along with the floor mats, under the seats, etc. The conditioned the leather.

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

2004 Infiniti G35 6MT. Also super shiny.
Scottwax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 20th, 2019, 08:04 PM   #2

Nice job finding some good looking seats. What leather conditioner do you use? My seats are in pretty good condition, my car has less than half your mileage, but driving over 25k a year I’m gonna need to try to take care of my seats, plus I don’t have a garage so my car sits in the hot SC sun 95% of the time
Scottwax likes this.
#1Gaza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 24th, 2019, 07:07 PM   #3
Mr. Detail

I use Optimum Protectant Plus. Light sheen so it doesn't look greasy, has UV protection in it. Leather wasn't great when I got the car in 2011 and adding 175k miles to it didn't help. Once the leather started to go, I'd just wipe it down occasionally. But now that I have good seats, I'll be anal about it again!
Scottwax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old July 1st, 2019, 07:59 PM   #4

you can tell a lot about the driver imo from the condition of the driver's seat. your old one doesn't even look bad as some i've seen in the junk yards

the leather on Honda/Acuras for 2003-2007 wasn't the greatest

if you can find them, i would upgrade to TSX or TL seats with the perforated leather

if your like me, i usually choose not to use AC and it helps considerably when the back starts to get sweaty
2i2dk1ny2i3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in