Accord V6 Forum banner

crackling headliner noise update anyone?

1K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Boxstereo 
#1 ·
okay so this weekend is a perfect weekend to bring in my accord for service - I have AP tests next week and will have absolutely NO time to drive it :D. So here is my question. Anyone here have their headliner noise fixed yet and would be willing to scan and post the dealer print out stuff or a TSB? That would be much appreciated :)

#2 ·
I could be wrong, but I think "Tourqaholic" had a TSB about the bad headliner. Maybe not about noises, but about the headliner sagging, due to the crappy adhesive that they use (which probably is causing the noise). There was a scan of it hosted on the old site for a while, but it went down when I tried to get it. I pm'd him, but got no response. Hopefully we can get him to post it again, or email it. I would also like to have something to show the dealer.

#6 ·
For me, creaking headliner turned out to be a misaligned windwheild clip. not sure if theres a TSB for it yet, but mine was the 2nd one they fixed.
I was at my dealers today, and they couldn't reproduce the sound! It seems to always mysteriously vanish when they technicians test drive it! they even took me on the test drive too, but we couldn't hear anything. back at the dealership, they showed me all the tSB's for the coupe so far, and there was nothing yet, about this problem! Hopefully it gets addressed in the future! :(

#7 ·
I was at my dealers today, and they couldn't reproduce the sound! It seems to always mysteriously vanish when they technicians test drive it! they even took me on the test drive too, but we couldn't hear anything. back at the dealership, they showed me all the tSB's for the coupe so far, and there was nothing yet, about this problem! Hopefully it gets addressed in the future! :(
dude, that sucks. this seems like a pretty wide-spread problem though. hopefully we'll get to the bottom of this.

By the way, how much were your tints? I'm thinking about doing some.

#8 ·
dude, that sucks. this seems like a pretty wide-spread problem though. hopefully we'll get to the bottom of this.

By the way, how much were your tints? I'm thinking about doing some.
$210:00

yeah, this headliner crap is my last little rattle! the center console lid rattle, stoped with the replacement of the lid(in fact they need to recall all the lids, because they are too small for the compartment and cause rattles). the other which my dealer also fixed was a door clip that fell inside my speakers! :(

#9 ·
Torqueaholic: I have the console lid rattle too!!!! and something sounds like it's coming from the right side passenger - much like the left side crackling. Maybe a lemon law will solve the problem :) three tries fixing it, get my money back from the dealer, buy a coupe.... It's all good lol

#10 ·
$210:00

yeah, this headliner crap is my last little rattle! the center console lid rattle, stoped with the replacement of the lid(in fact they need to recall all the lids, because they are too small for the compartment and cause rattles). the other which my dealer also fixed was a door clip that fell inside my speakers! :(
Hey.. i think I may have that door clip thing too. It rattles when the bass hits or when I go over bumps. I gotta go to the dealer soon. Thanks for the info about the tints. that's not a bad deal. Are there any nation-wide places that do tints that are good? I'm in Minneapolis and wouldn't no where to go.

thanks again.

#11 ·
Hey.. i think I may have that door clip thing too. It rattles when the bass hits or when I go over bumps. I gotta go to the dealer soon. Thanks for the info about the tints. that's not a bad deal. Are there any nation-wide places that do tints that are good? I'm in Minneapolis and wouldn't no where to go.

thanks again.
ask around. several local places will handle that kind of stuff.

#13 ·
OK, I have all of the above and when I took it to the dealer they also couldn't reproduce the sound. Even worse, when I was driving it that day to them I couldn't hear the noises myself :(.
I have ****ty headliner in the back, noises coming from above my head, near door and noises in the passenger side of the dash.
They come and go and it's annoying!
I've heard of TSBs but still didn't see any scaned.
People have mercy, post it ;)

#14 ·
hey! guys

I have the same problem too...I always heard some clicking noise above my head and something else on the driver side window...Still dont have time to bring it to the dealer. Another problem is that how are we going to reproduce the noise so that the technician could hear it. Cuz i notice that whenever we bring the car to them, after test drive they couldnt hear any noise, or dont see anything wrong at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.