Accord V6 Forum banner

Wheel spacers??

5K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  8thgennc 
#1 ·
I don't know much about suspension but I'm about to install my eibach pro springs and was wondering if I bought some 20mm spacers if that would look better. I have stock 18" wheels. any thoughts? Do you buy the same size spacers for front and back?

#2 ·
use this thread as a guidance, neel basically said everything you need to know about spacers in this thread.
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/showthread.php?t=201837&

after the drop, measure in mm how far apart is your fenders to your rims. and from there chose the spacer size you want. Make sure if you get any size over 5mm, to get extend studs as well because it isn't safe to run stock studs with anything over 5mm.

#13 ·
This is a very helpful thread, thanks. I have the OEM 18" wheels also. I am curious though, why larger spacers in back than in front?

Also, what are the maintenance implications of the spacers. Does it increase wear?

I know that spacers can improve handling by giving you a wider stance -- isn't it possible to use the 3 arm camber kit to widen the stance up to 1" in the same manner?

#14 ·
I have since answered my own questions.

With stock 18" rims with 55 offset, 15mm front and 25mm rear is good. Anything less than 20mm should be hub through with extended hub bolts. And get H&R, they are expensive yes but they are the best. More bearing wear, yes, but no more so than rims with the equivalent offset.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.