Installed: Ultra Racing Chassis Kit, DIY and Test Drive Videos... - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 8TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2008-2012) > 8G HONDA ACCORD WHEELS, TIRES, & SUSPENSION DISCUSSION
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 8th, 2011, 11:33 PM   #1

Installed: Ultra Racing Chassis Kit, DIY and Test Drive Videos...

Hey Guys,

So here is your review on the UR Chassis Kit. First have to give Mark @ throwdownPerformance thanks for giving my the push for this Chassis Kit.

Ok, So first and for most for my Camber guys here, This is a Must kit.. One thing that us (-) Camber guys know is that while driving either low or high speeds our rear ends feels really loose, feels like the rear end just wiggles when you switch lanes and hit the reflectors on the road.. I have felt this since i started with Camber, so has Carlos and Rene so i know they know what i am talking about.

If you can guys remember this thread Carlos thread on how to fix this issue, CLICK ME People kept saying that if he were to do the chassis kit it would Aggressively make it worse. Well i am here to tell you that your COMPLETELY wrong, after installing the Chassis kit, i no longer have this problem and the car is just so much more Stable, i feel like i have my Accord Handling back with HellaFlush Stance.

I have pushed and pushed my car to the point where i know that it just can't go anymore. The car is so much more stable, much more planted to the ground while turn, there is just so much less body roll.

I wish i could just install the last 3 arms just to have it all lol... I still have to test the Mid bar to see if i can run it..

From the videos you are going to say that the UR - 776 looks really low "TO LOW" well it's not.. It's from the camera view that it looks like that, i measured it i have 3 inchs of ground clearance which is way more thank enough... lol.. First if i were to drive over something that is 3 inchs tall i would destroy my Tranny,OIL, everything so i know that i don't have a problem with clearance there. lol. So i know that for the rest of you guys which are no-one as near as low as i am, you guys are Safe

So far my only complaint is that i didn't do this sooner.. So again thanks to ThrowdownPerformance, for pushing me to get this, Worth every Penny....

Here are the pictures

Here are the Video's..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcQdp...=youtube_gdata

Test Drive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6PrV...=youtube_gdata

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Bpearl2010 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 8th, 2011, 11:48 PM   #2
James

awesome! i want some of these for mine
jconnway is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 13th, 2011, 11:07 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jconnway View Post
awesome! i want some of these for mine
Yeah man, i love them.. I can't believe i didn't do this sooner.

Old December 13th, 2011, 12:20 PM   #4

i think i'm low as you, if not maybe lower? lol
757Accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 13th, 2011, 12:28 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 757Accord View Post
i think i'm low as you, if not maybe lower? lol
Nice well they work without any problems.

Front is 1.6 inchs from Ground .

Old December 13th, 2011, 01:14 PM   #6
Brad

Send a message via AIM to bdeitemeyer
Cool test drive video, I'd be too scared of losing the camera!

In all honesty, do you ever think that your suspension is too soft? I see quite a bit of suspension travel in that video for a wheel fitment such as yours. I guess you're running enough camber to avoid any wheel-to-body mishaps, but I'd still be nervous. I haven't seen your car in person yet, so maybe I'm exaggerating the lack of room for error you have in your setup.
bdeitemeyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 13th, 2011, 02:10 PM   #7
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T

Very nice DIY and test drive footage. Thanks for sharing!

I run a U/R Front 4 point lower brace on my 01 Accord myself. Definite improvement. Only gripe I have is that they design the bracing around OEM parts.
In your exhaust part, you can see how tight they design it around the oem exhaust. So, if you wanna run a bigger exhaust, you are more than likely not able to use em.

* That rear tie bar is super low my man, be careful....I'm not gonna say it and jinx ya.
WHEEELMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 15th, 2011, 01:31 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdeitemeyer View Post
Cool test drive video, I'd be too scared of losing the camera!

In all honesty, do you ever think that your suspension is too soft? I see quite a bit of suspension travel in that video for a wheel fitment such as yours. I guess you're running enough camber to avoid any wheel-to-body mishaps, but I'd still be nervous. I haven't seen your car in person yet, so maybe I'm exaggerating the lack of room for error you have in your setup.
Thanks man,

The suspension travel is wonderful . Smooth and Stanced . I have 1mm of error lol, my wheels camber within that error margin lol so the wheel never comes in contact with the body. Even though i poke it cambers in perfect, 6 months of errors and fixes to get it there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHEEELMAN View Post
Very nice DIY and test drive footage. Thanks for sharing!

I run a U/R Front 4 point lower brace on my 01 Accord myself. Definite improvement. Only gripe I have is that they design the bracing around OEM parts.
In your exhaust part, you can see how tight they design it around the oem exhaust. So, if you wanna run a bigger exhaust, you are more than likely not able to use em.

* That rear tie bar is super low my man, be careful....I'm not gonna say it and jinx ya.
thanks man, Yeah there is a Definite improvement, i agree about they base everything off OEM parts.

i mean there is still clearance if i were to move the exhaust higher it would clear both bars. there is like 2 inchs above

Old August 21st, 2013, 06:55 AM   #9

awesome
eshed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 16th, 2014, 12:46 AM   #10

Nice review! I have been looking at ultra racing bars for my ride.
shortstop is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in