What did you pay for your 6MT? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 8TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2008-2012)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 12th, 2008, 10:53 PM   #1
ELP_JC

What did you pay for your 6MT?

Getting pretty close to make a decision on my next car. The one with the best value will win. The short list, in descending order, includes the 6MT, 135i and 335i (not fond of force induction, and still have to do my research on them). I'll keep my next car for 5 years, so want to add that to the 'value' equation. My first goal is reliability. I can afford any of those, but want the best value for my money. It's obvious the 335i drives nicer, but the question is: Is it $17K better overall??? I still have to drive a manual, but don't think so.

I'm ready to jump in at any time, but it's not being an easy decision for many reasons. For now I want to know how much you have paid for your 6MT BEFORE TTL, but including all other charges (destination, doc fees, etc). Best offer in El Paso, TX is $27,500 (MSRP is $28,945; invoice $26,277). I want RED on black, by the way. If you know of any way to get quotes 300 miles around, please let me know. Honda doesn't show available inventory, like Lexus or Infiniti, and most dealers are closed when I have time to call, and wouldn't want to call a hundred dealers anyway. Thanks gang.
JC
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 13th, 2008, 05:45 AM   #2

Here... I hope this helps you make the right decision

Better pricing is probably available now, but for me 29.5 OTD with lifetime oil changes and other accessory goodies included.

Most dealers do have inventory at there own websites, and if they do not a quick phone call is all that is needed. Best not wait, the 6-6's are very rare to date and there is little sense from honda that they will be ramping up production for that particular model

thinking the 335 is about 17k better, think about this... I have about about 7-7.5k in upgrades that are coming that will make our little H much much better than most any road going 335. My car is about 3-4 weeks old now, and I still only have 475 miles on her, I am just waiting for delivery of goodies that had to be special ordered or prototyped because nothing existed for out cars that was even close to my requirements.

Last edited by Schu; May 13th, 2008 at 12:01 PM..
Schu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 13th, 2008, 02:53 PM   #3
ELP_JC

It's a beauty Schu. My 2 requirements were 6MT and black interior (no gray, unfortunately, and don't want another clear interior), which left red and blue (my daughters were pushing that one) on the table. Once I saw both, it was no contest. The blue was more of a purple under certain lighting (I'm too old for that < he he>), and the red was simply awesome, especially on that car.

The 6MT is so good I probably won't do anything to it, other than tint (35% all around for hot TX), and if I'm unable to cut the shifter shaft, an aftermarket one with linkages. Oh, and if I can't remove the 'H' in front without a trace, maybe a grille. That's it. On the 335i I wouldn't do anything other than tint.

I asked about the prices because I've read several people mentioning their bought their V6 5ATs for $26,400 or thereabouts. That's right at invoice, and both cars (6MT and 5AT) have identical MSRPs and invoices. But I guess supply and demand allow dealers to charge more for the 6MTs, right? Just wanted to make sure it's a good deal, as I'd lose my a$$ selling my car, and want to buy the new one as cheap as possible. To be fair, I don't think I'd get much of a discount on the BMW either, so it's not a deciding factor at all.

Really appreciate your comments; thanks a lot. Will keep you guys posted. Take care.
JC

Old May 13th, 2008, 04:43 PM   #4
Polska Red

Send a message via AIM to spacezupe
JC,

I can feel your pain, I was in the same situation roughly 4 years ago, except back then there was no 335. Itw as between a 325 or 330, both under or of equal power to my 7th gen so I went with the Honda. I wasn't ready to pay 10k more for a weaker car.

But now, bmw has really stepped up, the 335i is a really fast car. So if you have a serious need for speed, I'd go with the 335. But, if you are worried about your kids going to college, and knowing there is a recession on the horizon, always Honda...always...

-spacezupe
spacezupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 13th, 2008, 08:24 PM   #5
no, i dont drift..

Send a message via AIM to mondojackal
i dont see how you can compare an accord that looks like a tiburon to a bmw. fwd<rwd much?
mondojackal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 14th, 2008, 07:05 AM   #6

Ever been to the track and had your a$$ handed to you by a FWD car... stay tuned :-P

Watch and enjoy and welcome to the modern age :-P

Civic
Schu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 14th, 2008, 07:53 PM   #7

JC,
I paid $28 k and change for my black/black 6MT with full HFP body kit installed. Dealer basically gave me $1 K off for being a repeat customer. I owned my '03 for exactly 5 years when I traded it in. I did the math, it costed me about $250/month to own that car. I could not have leased it for that and would have still had to pay the up-front charges on the lease. If value is a concern, Honda/Acura residual values are legendary, as a percentage of purchase cost, generally better than BMW.
My friend had a 330xi with stage 1 Dinan tune. Great car and alot of fun on the track. He now has an E46 M3, which is just plain fabulous. I am a fan of these cars but they are in a totally different league and difficult to compare against the Accord. I actually think the Accord is a better value
if you are at all $$ conscious.
Good luck, $17 K can buy alot of other toys and stocks are cheap right now...
JimK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 14th, 2008, 08:30 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondojackal View Post
i dont see how you can compare an accord that looks like a tiburon to a bmw. fwd<rwd much?
silly boy.
rwd is cool, but your Tiburon statement, is out of touch.

SeanG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 14th, 2008, 08:42 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schu View Post
Ever been to the track and had your a$$ handed to you by a FWD car... stay tuned :-P

Watch and enjoy and welcome to the modern age :-P

Civic
nice piece of driving.
SeanG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 31st, 2008, 03:44 PM   #10

25,632+taxes. V6 6mt exl no nav
V DuBb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 1st, 2008, 02:35 PM   #11
ELP_JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by V DuBb View Post
25,632+taxes. V6 6mt exl no nav
Man, that's the best I've seen by far. That's well below invoice, and possibly below cost. My deal is the equivalent of $26,300 for a non-Nav.
Do you live in a big city? I don't, and am surprised I got this deal as the other only dealer sells pretty much at MSRP. Later.
JC
Old June 2nd, 2008, 06:44 AM   #12

it also depends on where u live at...i bought my EX model for 26.6k out the door with Tints+Front Kit,Side Kit,Rear Kit, and Spoiler. they wanted i think 30k for the V6 which was out of my price range.
vtxcraziexboi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 2nd, 2008, 09:27 AM   #13
6MTUA5

Send a message via AIM to 99MBPTL
I paid $1300 for mine
99MBPTL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 17th, 2010, 09:26 AM   #14

paid 32k after tax/title
goldy500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in