Accord Alternatives - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 8TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2008-2012)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 27th, 2008, 08:28 AM   #1

Accord Alternatives

I have been looking for alternatives to drive accord, and this is one.... but this place is dead. I am getting tired of all the smoked tails, and how do I roll down my window using the remote threads over there
Schu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 27th, 2008, 08:32 AM   #2
-Brian

Send a message via AIM to NexsoN
What do you expect.

v6p FTW
NexsoN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 27th, 2008, 08:34 AM   #3

i agree im also tired of hearing about what gas to use and blah blah blah.. one that ive seen advertised on the forums is redline9.com.. but i haven't checked it out
_JuztAJ_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old June 27th, 2008, 09:12 AM   #4

There is a thread over there about cracked windshields... Now folks at DA are asking "IS THIS A DESIGN FLAW!".

OMG
Old June 27th, 2008, 09:59 AM   #5
BULLPOO

Send a message via AIM to SixSpeeder
"There's a thread over at v6p about how DriveAccord sucks. Actually there is two and one got closed."

Come on guys. Is this really any better? If you want content, create some. Be innovative. Have Nexon build you something. Someone has to be a pioneer.
SixSpeeder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 27th, 2008, 12:53 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schu View Post
There is a thread over there about cracked windshields... Now folks at DA are asking "IS THIS A DESIGN FLAW!".

OMG

i get a kick out of the way some people over there compare the "performance" of the tints they put on the car and which one works better than which.. lol or better yet the thread on "how do i turn on my fog lights?" not bashing the site yeah they have more activity but its all nonsence!! come on dont ask how to "roll" up the windows from the outside using your remote or how to find certain things on the navi.. READ YOUR OWNERS MANUAL PEOPLE its really not worth making a thread over..
Old June 27th, 2008, 01:15 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixSpeeder View Post
"There's a thread over at v6p about how DriveAccord sucks. Actually there is two and one got closed."
Personally, I never said that driveaccord sucks... I said I am getting tired of reading all the wasteful tint and smoked tail threads. There is some good banter and some minor information mixed in.

Sidenote... I think I am perfectly capable of building my own car, but it takes time when you don't have an unlimited budget. I already have somewhere near 6.5k+ over the cost of the car and all of that is handling oriented, and I have just started.

Forget about get getting in to the engine until I am done with the control aspects of my car.
Old June 27th, 2008, 01:37 PM   #8
Pilot & Accord

I have found some of the schematics and PDF how-to files that "princess" has posted over there to be useful... so I am reading both forums. On purpose I don't sing up for more, even tho there are more, because v6p and drive accord combined together provide an amazing database of knowledge that believe it or not its hard to find for any other car out there.

(would be nice to have google search back here to make it easier to search the forum because most of us use it as a knowledge base)

... and please allow me to make one prediction: once people realize how un-modifiable the 8th gen is, they will start running back to the 7th gen and even the 6th gen to get their modification for performance fix.
TonyWare is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 27th, 2008, 01:54 PM   #9

how un-modifiable is the car?
Old June 27th, 2008, 01:54 PM   #10
BULLPOO

My point is what is the purpose of this thread. Is this thread really any better than 34 tint or taillight threads? Maybe you should express your thoughts to DriveAccord mods and maybe ask them organize the sections a little better so the same thread topics don't pop up once a week. I don't understand why you need to come here and btch about some other forum. Especially when most of those users are here too.
Old June 27th, 2008, 02:22 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyWare View Post
... and please allow me to make one prediction: once people realize how un-modifiable the 8th gen is, they will start running back to the 7th gen and even the 6th gen to get their modification for performance fix.

im glad you said you were making a prediction (which is basically the same as assuming) but since when was the 8th gen "un-modifiable"? it hasnt even been out for a year.. just because there arent any mods out yet doesnt mean it cant be modified..
Old June 27th, 2008, 05:37 PM   #12
Pilot & Accord

Quote:
how un-modifiable is the car?
VCM is a bottleneck. Computer limits you to what you want to do. Honda's policy of going "green" has produced some very inflexible ideas out there that have locked you down pretty good.
Old June 27th, 2008, 06:09 PM   #13

there is also a speed limiter on cars and with computer work can be taken off, pretty sure down the line you can simply re-program VCM to be permanently off.. its amazing what computers can do my friend welcome to 2008..
Old June 27th, 2008, 07:45 PM   #14
Pilot & Accord

But it is funny how we all go through the same phases at about the same time over the years. First came the funny egg smell, then we all blew our head unit/radio screens. Then we all started wrecking our cars. Then transmissions started to fail. Then came the time that we managed to lock ourselves in or out and windows got stuck. Somewhere inbetween a few installed turbos, superchargers and managed to get 3.5l engines. Yes, I agree, too much tinting, smoking, funny looking wheels etc etc.

Perdiction #2: In a few years we will be talking about how to plug in a few laptop batteries to make the damn thing go faster because hydrogen isn't good enough!
Old June 28th, 2008, 02:01 AM   #15

wtf?.. dude! what are you on?!

umm.. im lost somewhere between the funny egg smell and locking ourselves in the car. if anyone actually understands this post please translate..
Old July 1st, 2008, 11:19 AM   #16

Quote:
I have been looking for alternatives to drive accord, and this is one.... but this place is dead. I am getting tired of all the smoked tails, and how do I roll down my window using the remote threads over there
Haha... my thoughts exactly. COME PEOPLE! WHERE ARE ALL THE MODS?!
justeddie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 1st, 2008, 12:02 PM   #17

yeah, it's pretty dead here but there aren't too many other choices. I'm registered at driveaccord.net but they won't let me post. WTH? I was here when I got my 7th gen 5 years ago then lost interest for awhile until I got the 8th gen. I like this board, just needs more traffic.
JimK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 1st, 2008, 12:16 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimK View Post
I like this board, just needs more traffic.
Old July 1st, 2008, 08:46 PM   #19

You could go take a look over at http://www.8thaccord.org/forums/ ...but holy crap that place is a friggin' ghost town where even ghosts don't go.
Darth Do'Urden is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 1st, 2008, 09:06 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by _JuztAJ_ View Post
there is also a speed limiter on cars and with computer work can be taken off, pretty sure down the line you can simply re-program VCM to be permanently off.. its amazing what computers can do my friend welcome to 2008..
what good would it do to have VCM permanently off? it wont give you any performance benefit since the cylinders are only cut when you dont need them anyways.
iVTECaddict is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 16th, 2008, 08:02 AM   #21

Un-moddable it is not, more challenging yes. Speed limiters the I4 auto "may or may not have them". I think this site is good and I agree it needs more traffic. Drive Accord has a good amount of information, however I find the site rather bland. Like posts of "WHat color should I get." Or the "I think I want a another car type deal".8th gen accord well.. not much to say there no goes there.
Neochron is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 25th, 2008, 04:47 PM   #22

8thaccord.org
Old August 14th, 2008, 11:03 PM   #23

DA ftl, alot of them are cock smokes thinking they're the **** for having a new coupe with dubs on it. ill pass on the billet grilles,dubs and dual exhaust on an i4 coupe.
AznX TL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 15th, 2008, 03:25 AM   #24

We have a growing group on Honda-Tech.com

Its a newer section and we're lumped in with 7th gen, but its a good group and HT has other really great sections
Old August 15th, 2008, 09:17 AM   #25
BULLPOO

I started there and came here. I made the switch after I realized that most of the users are kids and douche bags. You'll notice quickly that the Civic and Integra fanbois don't really like Accord owners either. They will never talk to you at meets and talk sht about you. But good luck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in