camshaft - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 8TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2008-2012)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 25th, 2008, 05:10 PM   #1
OKGnism

Send a message via AIM to okgnism
camshaft

just wondering if neone have tried the tl-s cams on our cars, or at least for 6 speed. i searched and found no results. what do you guys think?
okgnism is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 25th, 2008, 05:22 PM   #2
M90SC Boosting 13PSI

If you have VCM, then you need to look at engines with VCM like the new 09 RL, if not they SHOULD fit, but not knowing the specs of the 6sp cams I don't know if there is anything to be gained.
NVA-AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 26th, 2008, 04:08 AM   #3
OKGnism

well i have a 08 v6 6speed. which doesnt have vcm the model numbers are different but it looks like they will fit. im assuming there are some gains considering its both based off the j35 but the tl-s is tuned a little different.

Old September 26th, 2008, 04:45 AM   #4

A j35 is a j35
Schu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 26th, 2008, 05:18 AM   #5
M90SC Boosting 13PSI

^ A bit simplistic there......
Old September 27th, 2008, 02:21 AM   #6

well i opened a thread on this awhiiiile back and i gave it up due to the "VCM factor" but now that i read 09 RL has VCM too, it just might work..
_JuztAJ_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 27th, 2008, 05:08 AM   #7
M90SC Boosting 13PSI

It is all about matching the J generation, then new VCM Js are what I call the third gen, the heads are of a different design which prevents interchangeability with non-vcm heads and head componets (cams), since these VCM engines are so new I have not been able to do indepth analysis of them like I have the 1st and second gen J engines. The real problem VCM puts forth for us power modders is the core of the system, the management, since we can not directly affect the tables on the ECU (unlike most other manufacturers) when we try to add a piggy back to a VCM engine there are several gotchas I am concerned about, granted they have not been realized yet to my knowledge, but are concerns about how the systems will interact, like when crusing and VCM goes into 3 cyl mode, but the piggy back is still trying to tune those 3 cylinders for drivability (this is a real issue for FI). Aleast for now I do not see any good way of doing serious power mods to any VCM vehicle safely.
Old September 28th, 2008, 12:48 PM   #8
OKGnism

the 08 v6 6 speed doesnt have vcm, which is in my case. and neither does the tl-s. the tl-s platform is the same is the 08 av6, except that the tl-s is tuned a little better which gives it the higher numbers. with vcm not a concern wouldnt the cams fit just fine with no worries and more hp?
Old September 28th, 2008, 12:52 PM   #9
Bobby Lane Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by okgnism View Post
the 08 v6 6 speed doesnt have vcm, which is in my case. and neither does the tl-s. the tl-s platform is the same is the 08 av6, except that the tl-s is tuned a little better which gives it the higher numbers. with vcm not a concern wouldnt the cams fit just fine with no worries and more hp?
I would order a set of TL-S cams and a set of 08 v6 cams and see what the differences are.
nighthawk04v6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in