Precat Delete Feeler - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 8TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2008-2012)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 11th, 2010, 07:46 AM   #1

Precat Delete Feeler

Hey Guys, as some of you know I have the RV6 Precat deletes that were designed for the 3rd Gen TL and 7th Gen Accord. Great product, only problem is they don't fit our cars (flange for connecting to the head is different) and it does not have the egr flange our front precat requires.

But we have a solution (for those interested). My mechanic (NVA-AV6 over on v6p.net and acurazine.com) is a Honda innovator. He has built countless J33, J35, J36, and J37 custom engines using ALL Honda parts. All of his engines are seeing over 35mph hwy and 270+whp. He also just completed an M90 Eaton supercharger kit that can bolt up to any J series engine (we found out Saturday it would bolt up to my car with no modification, we also found out that the ecu Honda is using in the V6/6MT is the same reflashable ecu the Civic SI uses). He has a solution for us.

I was over at his garage Saturday and he proposed that if we could get together 5 people he would use my car as a test mule for designing these improved and proper fitting precat deletes.

The materials used would be a far cry better than what Richie is using.(Thats no disrespect to him, he's a great guy and makes great products) But these would be guaranteed to last MUCH longer than Richies.

As I said above he would need 5 people plus myself to put down a deposit of half what these are going for. He has told me that he would sell them for $450a set, so thats a deposit of $225 we must put down. This would be a great oppurtunity for us who want to get rid of the ultra restrictive precats Honda has blessed us with. It also is a pretty dam good price compared to the $330 for Rv6 PCD's considering the quality of materials is better.

O yea and did I mention the gains??? Guaranteed 15-30whp throughout the powerband. That really makes this the best bang for buck mod there is when it comes to power. You can also keep your 3rd cat, get a 3rd cat delete, or a high flow 3rd cat. He's going to make me one of those too!

I will be sending a link of this him so he can chime in if anyone has questions. I will try and answer them best as possible.

As for the downpayment, maybe it would be possible to have a contract or to have the money sitting in paypal holding until the finsihed products go out just to ease a few uneasy minds. We can work that out when he chimes in.

Lets get this thing going guys!

1. L'sTLS
L's TLS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 15th, 2010, 08:32 PM   #2
7yr / 120K

So is this why you are selling your RV6 V1 precat deletes in the classifieds? I'm contemplating buying them off of you, but after reading this I'm hesitant. I have Richies V1 J-pipe so V1 precats would be a direct bolt-on for my 7th gen. I'm not looking to spend $450 or even $330 for new PCD's, so your deal was tempting. My rear bank cat is toast so I'm just looking to replace them both without spending an arm and a leg to buy a new OEM Honda cat.
Celestion is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 15th, 2010, 08:38 PM   #3

RV6 V1 PCD's will fit perfectly fine on 7th gen (assuming thats what your driving from your sig)
H22 VTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old January 15th, 2010, 08:44 PM   #4
FG4

will you guys make the pre cat deletes to fit the honda j-pipe or any other because i currently have rv6 v2 jpipe and if it will work with the rv6 v2 j-pipe guaranteed ill be down to give down payment
Batmobile is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 15th, 2010, 08:56 PM   #5

well im assuming they will not fit the 7th gen since RV6 PCD's didnt fit the 8th gen
H22 VTEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 16th, 2010, 04:57 PM   #6

they will fit the 7th gen

thats what they are made for

but no they do not fit 8th gen
goldy500 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 19th, 2010, 07:30 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestion View Post
So is this why you are selling your RV6 V1 precat deletes in the classifieds? I'm contemplating buying them off of you, but after reading this I'm hesitant. I have Richies V1 J-pipe so V1 precats would be a direct bolt-on for my 7th gen. I'm not looking to spend $450 or even $330 for new PCD's, so your deal was tempting. My rear bank cat is toast so I'm just looking to replace them both without spending an arm and a leg to buy a new OEM Honda cat.
Im selling the PCD's I bought off a guy with a 3rd gen TL because they do not fit my 2009 Honda Accord Coupe. I never used them. They will fit your car(7th gen).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmobile View Post
will you guys make the pre cat deletes to fit the honda j-pipe or any other because i currently have rv6 v2 jpipe and if it will work with the rv6 v2 j-pipe guaranteed ill be down to give down payment
This is for 8th gen Accords and it will fit any Jpipe on the 8th gen accord.
Old June 29th, 2010, 12:35 PM   #8

Bump

Posted here
http://www.my8thgen.com/forums/showt...3671#post13671
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in