Help with Windshield Replacement..... - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 8TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2008-2012)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 2nd, 2010, 01:09 PM   #1

Help with Windshield Replacement.....

So I just purchased a mint condition 08 Accord Coupe V6/6MT TW with only 7K miles from the original owner. Only 6 days after buying it a rock from a paving company dump truck smacks into my windshield and puts a 3 foot long crack in it.

....now I am dealing with the other parties insurance company and mine as well for glass replacement. The catch is that I was told by a couple of honda dealers that if aftermarket glass is installed with aftermarket seals, gaskets, and trim it will void the Honda bumper to bumper warranty for anything that touches the aftermarket windshield.

With this said, my insurance company (Progressive) will only replace my windshield with aftermarket (safelite glass) unless it was 1 year or less old; then OEM is put in. On the other hand if I can get the paving company to take blame then I will insist on OEM glass ordered thru the dealer.

What are your thoughts on my situation and with other brands of glass compared to OEM. Which company makes our 8th Gen OEM glass?...AP Tech, PPG... I heard safelite uses low quality glass and I have personally witnesses very, very shoddy work by safelite installers. My car is showroom condition and I will not settle for less than perfect when it comes to glass replacement.....
etout00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 2nd, 2010, 01:22 PM   #2
frumaroll

You deserve a OEM window since tahts what they broke, i wouldn't settle for less than a OEM window replaced by professionals.
six6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 22nd, 2010, 03:19 PM   #3

You can probably talk the insurance company into buying the OEM windshield, but you'll have to pick up the difference.
koumei is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old July 22nd, 2010, 03:30 PM   #4
girl powah!!

Send a message via AIM to 03aV6cpe
Yea,I wouldn't want anythng less than oem (just piece of mind) I don't know bout 8th gen too much,but I know safelite for 7th gen suck. Someone posted that they could hear a lot of wind noise and that it warped is a specific area...

Official Slammed Club Member (Stage 3)
Featured Ride Of The Month (June-July 2010)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
03aV6cpe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in