8G AV6 Coupe Or 350z - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 8TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2008-2012)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 7th, 2011, 11:06 PM   #1

8G AV6 Coupe Or 350z

I don't know if I'm posting in the right section but I just have a question.
So i've been reading on multiple forums to research on these two cars... I would like to know in peoples opinions, and also educated answers which one is better.
I know that the AV6 is a "sporty coupe" more than a sports car. But I like that is has a V6 and still can take low octane gas. And Honda is known for it's reliability...
But I do like everything about the Z. +40 more HP than the accord. And a big factor is that it's also a RWD. But I don't like how much gas it can take up. And I also read that around 100k they tend to break down...
I'm about to be 20 looking for my next car. So I kind of want to know what would be the best choice.

Also another question, why is manual considered "faster or better" than automatic? Doesn't automatic shift faster?
I'm not that educated in cars as you can tell...

Thanks for looking at my post
Enraged21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 8th, 2011, 04:55 PM   #2
AccordingToSean

Send a message via AIM to AccordingToSean
Gear ratio of the stick helps, and it puts more power to the ground.
It really depends what your looking for, more of a fun but less reliable car minus 2 seats, but the 8th gen has some nice pull to it with the 3.5L, but its not a sports car.
Im looking into the 2011+ mustang v6 or v8, the 5.0 is a beast of course but the v6 is a beast, with the performance package it eats 350's for lunch and gets 30 mpg
AccordingToSean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 8th, 2011, 05:45 PM   #3

no, automatic doesnt not shift faster than a good stick driver. plus it is close ratio so the rpm drops less after an upshift. also, manual transmissions have less power loss
paperboy42190 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 8th, 2011, 06:04 PM   #4
frumaroll

^what he said.

and why are people asking other people on what to spend 30 + grand on.

u said so urself, accord is sporty coupe, the Z is a sports car. which would fit you better?
six6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 9th, 2011, 07:11 PM   #5
A Registered User, I am

you should spend the 30k on a prius. save $$ on gass!!
TKHOI87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 9th, 2011, 07:30 PM   #6

Send a message via AIM to chiefy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKHOI87 View Post
you should spend the 30k on a prius. save $$ on gass!!
$5 a gallon is no joke!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
chiefy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 12th, 2011, 07:45 PM   #7

I have both right now. Message me any questions you may have. I have a manual 350z and 2008 AT V6 accord coupe. Z I average about 22mpg mostly city. Highway is around 27-28. Also, I know a LOT of people with Zs in chicago and a LOT of them have over 100k miles and are running strong. The VQ engine is an amazing machine if taken care of properly. Like I said just message me any questions about either car. Also, my 350z will be for sale soon. :P Just saying. haha
Danathin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 28th, 2012, 06:55 PM   #8

Accord is better for looks
avtoritet01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 29th, 2012, 05:12 PM   #9

Im also in the market for a car. Probaly CPO Accord V6 6MT with less than 30K miles from the dealer. Anyone can tell me if those cars have any major problems with the engine or tranny? Thanks
Michal006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 29th, 2012, 05:14 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by avtoritet01 View Post
Accord is better for looks
What you mean by is better for looks?
Old February 29th, 2012, 05:21 PM   #11

350z if you plan to heavily mod it for power and style. There is just a larger market for it.

Accord if you are just going to do a drop and intake/exhaust.

Mustang for power and eco. but reliablity? I can't say about their new cars, but for their old car they suck especially in the electronic department.
thisaznboi88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 29th, 2012, 05:58 PM   #12

u know that the 6-6 8thgen will keep up if not beat the 350z right?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
click on picture to see my profile

"Not slammed anymore"
v6indodarknight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 29th, 2012, 06:05 PM   #13

^ your point is valid up to a certain extend. You know the money you put in the accord to get it as faster than a 350z you can supercharger the 350z to kick the **** out of the accord for the same amount.

This is due to the very limited market for the accord.

Another thing is that the 350z can launch harder, turn harder, and driver harder then the accord. The accord is FF and lacks LSD. Even with LSD anything over x amount of HP will have traction problems. 450 on boost is the highest I seen a j-series motor go. Vq motors can do 500+

to the OP list down what you want your next car to be. Screw make model and blah blah blah. Know what you want first and then research on what car meets your need.

You can change car anytime, but you can't change the driver.

Last edited by thisaznboi88; February 29th, 2012 at 07:21 PM..
Old February 29th, 2012, 10:40 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisaznboi88 View Post
^ your point is valid up to a certain extend. You know the money you put in the accord to get it as faster than a 350z you can supercharger the 350z to kick the **** out of the accord for the same amount.

This is due to the very limited market for the accord.

Another thing is that the 350z can launch harder, turn harder, and driver harder then the accord. The accord is FF and lacks LSD. Even with LSD anything over x amount of HP will have traction problems. 450 on boost is the highest I seen a j-series motor go. Vq motors can do 500+

to the OP list down what you want your next car to be. Screw make model and blah blah blah. Know what you want first and then research on what car meets your need.

You can change car anytime, but you can't change the driver.
Im mostly looking for a daily driving car which needs to be quick and easy to gain more power in the future. Since we are talking about Accord V6 and 350Z which one would be better to use it daily mostly 45 miles a day and still fun to drive. I don't really care about luxury since Im young, but also need something with decent gas mileage. Sorry for the noob question. Thanks
Old February 29th, 2012, 10:43 PM   #15

I can't decide for you. You would have to test drive the cars yourself to actually see what you like. The 350z will be a fun car for sure, but it only has 2 seats. The accord coupe on the other hand can sit 4.

also manual is consider faster because you can control when to shift and there is less power lose. The however there are some AT that have dual clutch system such as the GTR, GTI, Lambo, and other that can shift faster then any MT driver.
Old February 29th, 2012, 10:59 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6indodarknight View Post
u know that the 6-6 8thgen will keep up if not beat the 350z right?
Are you high? A HR will mop the floor with an 8th gen accord theres a kid here in mia STOCK hr 350z thats running hard. Jorge (BLUEPEARL2010) I believe lost to a simple bolt on HR and he has every aftermarket performance mod there is for the 8th gen. As much as I love accords they are cows.
km5mt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 1st, 2012, 12:19 PM   #17

Bluepearl also has an automatic and is running on 20" wheels lol. The HR Z is faster than even the 6MT Accord, but the 6MT is no cow. Someone on here ran 13.7 @102 bone stock. That's far from a cow. With simple bolt ons untuned they are putting down just under 300whp, which is right around what a bolt on HR puts down. Please don't come in here spreading nonsense because you witnessed a street race.
Sonnick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 1st, 2012, 07:04 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by km5mt View Post
Are you high? A HR will mop the floor with an 8th gen accord theres a kid here in mia STOCK hr 350z thats running hard. Jorge (BLUEPEARL2010) I believe lost to a simple bolt on HR and he has every aftermarket performance mod there is for the 8th gen. As much as I love accords they are cows.
I havent raced him yet. So we cant be sure..

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk

Bpearl2010 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 1st, 2012, 07:07 PM   #19

I think the guy running 13.2 was on the bottle.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OHHnPkKhjU[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-NhqyEx0C0&feature=related[/ame]

and your right it was Bpearl running nos. I found his NOs install video
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp3DVlXFHIM[/ame]

Last edited by thisaznboi88; March 1st, 2012 at 09:03 PM..
Old March 1st, 2012, 08:18 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonnick View Post
Bluepearl also has an automatic and is running on 20" wheels lol. The HR Z is faster than even the 6MT Accord, but the 6MT is no cow. Someone on here ran 13.7 @102 bone stock. That's far from a cow. With simple bolt ons untuned they are putting down just under 300whp, which is right around what a bolt on HR puts down. Please don't come in here spreading nonsense because you witnessed a street race.
You sound butt hurt I'm just saying what I saw and based on how my boys car runs. I believe the HR 350z I'm telling you about ran a 7th gen full bolt ons fromt his site. And from what he said he pulled on him not sure the amount I will double check with him and let you guys know. Why would you take a simple statement so at heart dude stop being so bias about the accord. Who are you to tell me what I can and can't do?
http://jdmsouth.com/f4/latest-gen-350z-whp-45778/

Last edited by km5mt; March 1st, 2012 at 08:35 PM..
Old March 1st, 2012, 08:46 PM   #21
I <3 My J30A4

Sonnick is not taking nothing at heart. He is just giving you facts upon a previous owner and his/her track time which was a 13.7 STOCK. As a result he is proving to you that the 8th gen accord v6 6speed are no "cows" as what you have previously stated.Also sonnick is not telling you what you can or cannot do but just because you saw one race it does not mean the outcome will always be the same. So making a judgement among one race about a car is invalid due to various mistakes one can make during a race. But if the outcome is continuous among two cars then yes you can make the assumption that one car is slower than the other but it cannot be made by just one street race.
qnzthg89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 1st, 2012, 09:06 PM   #22

when u can show me stock 350z manual vs. stock 6-6 8thgen in a video, then we talk,

how u gonna compare auto 8thgen and 6-6, way different car!!!
Old March 1st, 2012, 09:27 PM   #23

I'd like to let you guys know the HR350Z I am speaking of is AUTOMATIC. Ofcourse there are many variables when it comes to racing ex power to weight ratio,raction, driver, etc. I love my accord and accords in general I just see a HR 350z having more potential than a 8th gen everyone is entitled to their opinion I stated mine end of discussion.

Last edited by km5mt; March 1st, 2012 at 10:05 PM..
Old March 2nd, 2012, 09:48 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by km5mt View Post
You sound butt hurt I'm just saying what I saw and based on how my boys car runs. I believe the HR 350z I'm telling you about ran a 7th gen full bolt ons fromt his site. And from what he said he pulled on him not sure the amount I will double check with him and let you guys know. Why would you take a simple statement so at heart dude stop being so bias about the accord. Who are you to tell me what I can and can't do?
Latest Gen 350z whp
How/Why/WHAT? What made you think I was/am butthurt? Are you 17? I was merely stating facts. You said BP lost to an HR Z with a 5AT on 20s and according to BP, the race didn't even happen yet. I lol'd. You also said the Accord was a cow, I disagreed with factual evidence. However, just because 1 ran a 13.7 @102 doesn't mean they all will; but that's not the only case of a stock 8G 6-6 running 13s @102...

Stock HR Z's are no joke and are without a doubt faster than any stock 6MT Accord, I wasn't disagreeing with you. I had other issues with your statement, which I made clear, but I'm not butthurt. Don't believe me? I'll moon you for proof.

If you're talking about the same 7G I'm thinking of, his car wasn't running 100% at that time.

Read your last post. I agree, we all have our own opinions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by qnzthg89 View Post
Sonnick is not taking nothing at heart. He is just giving you facts upon a previous owner and his/her track time which was a 13.7 STOCK. As a result he is proving to you that the 8th gen accord v6 6speed are no "cows" as what you have previously stated.Also sonnick is not telling you what you can or cannot do but just because you saw one race it does not mean the outcome will always be the same. So making a judgement among one race about a car is invalid due to various mistakes one can make during a race. But if the outcome is continuous among two cars then yes you can make the assumption that one car is slower than the other but it cannot be made by just one street race.
Old March 2nd, 2012, 03:21 PM   #25

350Z for sure. However, I would be worried about buying either car since you are saying that gas mileage is also your priority.

In summer, I drive my wife's 300ZX TT and I just dont feel like going back to auto and FWD. But once the summer is over, I go back to my good old 6GA coupe
Muhib is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 2nd, 2012, 04:15 PM   #26

ohhh the final question u should ask ur self is,

do u need the back seat?

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
click on picture to see my profile

"Not slammed anymore"
Old March 5th, 2012, 02:09 PM   #27

^^ In closing, if you still live at home and have a GF, get the Accord.
Old May 9th, 2012, 09:13 AM   #28

HONDA FTW... & reliability
tsxguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 9th, 2012, 09:38 AM   #29

Accord V6 6-speed can be a daily driver, all-season car. It is faster than a 350z

350z 6-speed can be a summer car, cant drive it in winter. It top of its class in all performance except straight line.
Sold: 04' Accord 6-6 Coupe, 112k miles: Autocross STX season champion 2013.
Randomhero is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 11th, 2012, 09:14 AM   #30

Yea the 8G 6-6 is a bit faster than the 350z DE in stock form. The HR Z is faster than the Accord. The Accord would probably need full bolt ons to keep up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in