Looking at buying 08+ accord,few questions.. - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 8TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2008-2012)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 20th, 2011, 06:11 PM   #1
Boosted

Looking at buying 08+ accord,few questions..

Been looking into the 08-10 Accord sedan V6s..(I dont like the 2011 look and the extra brake lights they added into the trunk)

Few questions.
is there any talk into having a supercharger or anything performance type on that level available? Read its impossible due to the VSM?

also are the V6 6speeds hard to find? do they come in sedans or coupes only?
Heard the i4's cannot be turbocharged due to the casting of the manifold into/onto the block or something?

keeping in mind i have a boosted 6th gen,so modding a car is something i cant help but do..But id like to know theres some aftermarket support before I spend 20,000+ on a car that cant have anything done do it...

thanks guys,and hope to hear some input and info!
Official Slammed Club Member #51-Stage 3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
1nonlyaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 21st, 2011, 04:53 AM   #2

before getting a lot of advices..you should always ask a professional since 20000 is not a small amount..do you research well. I suggest go in the market and check then execute things
cyrus_muller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2011, 04:43 PM   #3

i havent seen any boosted 8th gen v6 yet. however there was a turbo'd 4 cylinder 8th gen in another country. that barely yielded like a bit past 200whp. basically same power as a v6 STOCK. not worth it, but so much money and work put into a turbo.

v6 6speeds are a bit hard to find, and they only come in coupes for the 8th gens.
paperboy42190 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 23rd, 2011, 01:06 PM   #4

Will sell you my accord 08 coupe 6speed $22500 HFP full badfy kit and forged 20" black on black dynamated pioneer navigation 100k warranty and 48000 miles and best of all here in GA
3.0accordcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 23rd, 2011, 04:00 PM   #5

anyone know about the 2011 HFP's? did they tweak the engines or just do suspension and body work?
ridgerunning is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 23rd, 2011, 04:07 PM   #6
Boosted

thanks guys for the input..Im not ready to purchase at the moment,Im still gathering info and looking at all the aftermarket support behind the cars im looking at. Ill be more interested in about 6th months so i can have about 5grand cash downpayment to put down on the car i decide to buy.or maybe just go all out on my current 6thgen and finish that up..decisions decisions.
1nonlyaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 29th, 2011, 10:57 AM   #7
Mike

If you choose an 8th Gen I wouldn't bother with the 4cyl... yes 6 speeds are hard to find, but they're out there... I bought this one used. As far as mods... more are becoming available, but nothing about a good FI setup yet. So far it's all balls... with PCD's coming soon 270+ whp is pretty realistic... add an AEM FI/C and maybe more??
Skidmarcx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 29th, 2011, 04:17 PM   #8
Brad

Send a message via AIM to bdeitemeyer
Do you realllllly want to buy another Honda for $20k+? Eventually you're going to want to move up to something nicer, why prolong that? Look into the German cars...Audi A4 (can come turbo, all-wheel drive, and manual transmission with plenty of aftermarket support), BMW 328i (rear-wheel drive, manual, and plenty of aftermarket support), etc. Modding a front-wheel drive for power isn't as productive as doing so to a rear-wheel drive or all-wheel drive car, once you get away from the FWD cars you'll never go back in my opinion.
bdeitemeyer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 5th, 2011, 09:18 PM   #9

Yo, monty,

here is my oppinion,

get the 2011 se accord like my brother, he only paid $24,xxx everything included...

u said u don't like the tail light garnish, so get rid of it and get the inspired one, u can get it converted like under $500...

u want turbo/sc, but u said u tired of manual, so just get auto,

and then u should go with ksport bag suspension, and put on 20" and go vip style...

that'll look sick,

but if u still want turbo/sc, i heard the tsx sc would bolt on the i4 accord, since both use k24, but mods are a big need and i dunno how to tune it, cuz dunno bout the chip for it,

but if u want more info,

just go to my8thgen.com bunch of 8thgen accords are there... actually, 90% are 8thgen/8.5gen accord,

you'll get lots more info there...

hope this help,
tommy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
click on picture to see my profile

"Not slammed anymore"
v6indodarknight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 6th, 2011, 12:29 AM   #10

mbt moja

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free. save
mbt anti shoes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 2nd, 2011, 08:21 PM   #11

Snag yourself an s2000 8)
Xencer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in