2013 Honda Accord Info and Rendering - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 8TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2008-2012)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 2nd, 2011, 09:30 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to Glenn Davis
Exclamation 2013 Honda Accord Info and Rendering

I'm hoping that this artist rendering of the new Accord is somewhat accurate. The lines are clean, cohesive, and befitting of the Accord moniker.

I always eagerly anticipate the introduction of a new generation of Accord. While being great cars, the 7th gen and 8th gen Accords left me slightly less than fulfilled on the styling front.

For 2013, I'm hoping for softer interior lines and design. Not the actual materials, but more so the shapes. I love a big, smooth dash board.

It'd also be nice to see an all new replacement for the J-series V6. More than likely the J-series will soldier on, but be mated to the new 6spd auto found in the Odyssey and ZDX/MDX.

Speaking of the automatic... I want SportShift and rev-matched downshifts too! I think after the 6thgen/7thgen (are 8th gens any more reliable) automatic tranny debacle, Honda is a little leery of having us shift it ourselves. I think Honda is trying to preserve transmission durability, by omitting the SportShift. I've also noticed that many new Honda's do NOT rev to redline under WOT for the 1-2 upshift anymore. That's crazy, considering that the horsepower peak is steadily moving higher in the rev range, with each new model.

Anyway, I'm getting long winded. I just ran across this 2013 rendering, and thought I would share it with everyone. It may have already been circulated, it was new to me though.

Anyone else have any spy photo's, or even drawings? Post them here!

I think the new Accord is gonna be nothing short of awesome. I was introduced to the Accords, back when they were the best in the family sedan class by a good margin. The current models are good, but so is every new car out there. I miss the days when the Accord was far superior to the rest of the segment.

Honda has been able to slack a bit, whilst still producing a highly profitable, well sorted sedan.
The competition is fiercer than ever... Sonata, Optima, Fusion, Mazda6, Malibu, etc. I think Honda will be forced to step it up a notch, this next go round.

Time will tell...

Here's where I sourced the picture:
2013 Honda Accord (codename 2GA)rendering and information | autoten.com
Advertisement

Old October 19th, 2011, 02:45 PM   #2
Vik

Send a message via AIM to Vik
Looks like a Jetta.
Vik is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 30th, 2011, 11:19 PM   #3

Looks pretty sweet
2k12 coupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old November 4th, 2011, 06:31 PM   #4
Czechopino

Send a message via AIM to vasekvi Send a message via Yahoo to vasekvi
I think Hondas have lost their way a little with styling. The 06 Civic was a Grand Slam Home Run. Now they played it too safe with the new civic. The 08 Sedan is ok, but the restyle is meh. Odyssey front looks good but dont like the rear my opinion. Pilot restyle looks dumb.

These renderings are very nice. I do hope Honda follows this style direction.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-

vasekvi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 28th, 2012, 06:51 PM   #5

Sweet
avtoritet01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in