8th Gen HART road racing Accord - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 8TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2008-2012)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AccordingLO

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 28th, 2012, 12:59 PM   #1
TrakCord

8th Gen HART road racing Accord

Wutup just wanted to share with the 8th genners some pics i snapped today of the Grand-Am road racing HART honda accord. I met with the Honda Engineer that built/maintains this car and discussed a few things. I have had a relationship for five years since i bought my 7th gen with this engineer and he is the most down to earth unlikely person you would ever see around a racecar lol. But many thanks to them for lettin me take pics and pretty much talk about anything i wanted.

A few notes they are using dual piston Acura legend brake calipers. Also they are using a dry sump oiling system and an oil cooler. And i also didnt get a good pic of the exhaust setup but i noticed they do NOT use a "J-Bend" or J-pipe. They collect straight down and back ino the exhaust collector. That has me partially convinced i may rethink my setup on my 7th gen. The exhaust has 2.5" pre-cat deletes and a 3" single. They would not devulge the power numbers but i do know they have access to the ECU's parameters since well they pretty much are the inventors of it and can manipulate whatever they want and tune however they want. So i would say its in the area of 300whp and torque numbers should be up there im sure maybe 270-280 range. Overall it was a rainy day but the knowledge is priceless when you go out to an event like that and observe the highest quality racecars in town.

nighthawk04v6 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 29th, 2012, 11:22 AM   #2

Wonder why they did away with the older design by Corsa Exhaust. Legend calipers Where was the race at?

CL SLeePeR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 2nd, 2012, 09:47 AM   #3
TrakCord

homestead speedway
AccordingLO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 2nd, 2012, 11:37 AM   #4
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T

That's interesting that they used Acura Legend calipers. I'm guessing it was due to the class they ran in?

What's the Blue tank w/ the gauge used for?
WHEEELMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 2nd, 2012, 11:42 AM   #5
TrakCord

Quote:
Originally Posted by WHEEELMAN View Post
That's interesting that they used Acura Legend calipers. I'm guessing it was due to the class they ran in?

What's the Blue tank w/ the gauge used for?
yes they explained that they were not allowed to upgrade to the TL brembo's so they compromised and were able to use the legend calipers.

The blue tank is the Accu-Sump dry sump oiling system. This basically is the oil tank and feeds the engine. The oil is no longer kept in the oil pan to prevent windage losses (The crankshaft hitting splashing the oil causing drag and foaming). They also have an oil cooler out in front of the car to keep the oil temp constant to prevent burn off and viscosity breakdown and keep a significantly cooler temperature than stock. Also i did not witness this but usually when you have a dry sump oiling system the oil capacity is greater also prolonging the life of the oil.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 01:34 PM   #6
jbl

This is awesome. I'm trying to work up a post count so I can finally start a thread about our efforts to race a 6Gen Accord. It's only in the 24 Hours of Lemons though, but still, we're not going out there to be a rolling chicane or just some goobers trying to get cheap track time. I love trying to do this kind of stuff and the crazy Lemons budget makes it 1,000,000x more fun.

Like the brake ducts. We weren't under hard braking at NJMP, so we ended up not including them, but if we did, it was going to be shop vac hoses and extensions used to make it.

I saw your other racing thread as well. I'm sure I'll end up soliciting advice from you in the future as well.

In the meantime, what's that in the trunk?
jbl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 2nd, 2012, 01:41 PM   #7
TrakCord

in the trunk that is a Fuel cell filler neck which i believe they installed the Fuel Cell underneath the car where the hoses are leading to.
AccordingLO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 2nd, 2012, 02:25 PM   #8
jbl

Ah...OK. I recall seeing the double-nozzle fuel cans this weekend and wanted to see the filler neck on the cars. I didn't think they were that far apart (or in the trunk for some reason).

Hope you managed to stay somewhat dry! The weather conditions were the only thing that was allowing me to keep the race on during NHL playoffs. "No look guys! Look at this rain! It's crazy!"

Everyone shortly migrated to the basement.
jbl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in