Could use some help. - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 8TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2008-2012)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 11th, 2014, 10:31 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to sdeznutz
Red face Could use some help.

Ok so in the rear seat of my 11 coupe w/ leather the passanger side headrest "Guide" broke .
No problem I thought it was a tiny square ,until I got the new 1 .
So I pressed the button on the working guide and removed the head rest and looked down into the seat back!!!!

There lay a 2" long piece of plastic " the name guide not head rest snap or clip"

Ok so I am with the parts manager at the dealer who gave me this $20 piece under warranty but didn't have a tech remove it and needed it to send back for claims. Instead he says can you reach it?

So I stick my pinky into the shaft of the guide the head is what broke off , and I feel it starting to move .
Long story short it fell into the seat back /insulation or foam that the leather seat covers are over ..

Ok so I figured no problem he was content now with just the head of the guide (if you were facing the rear seat in the back passenger seat it is the left head rest and left side guide /plastic that holds the leather down on the top of the seat.
All we see is a black rounded edge square .
so now it is in the seat and I went from inside the trunk and removed all the Velcro and got my hand up in there and found on the side where the leather actually is that's where you can fit in between the seats .

Ok I though but there is zero give !!! so now with frustration I have a 2" guide that instead of being vertical "how it was in the top of the seat back now fell almost down to the middle of the seat and it most likely sideways..

The good news is it is in no way near the leather or have any way to rip or pierce it .
The bad news is when I sit in the rear passenger seat now it sounds like it has a Heartbeat . Well when I sit against the seat you feel like a spring pop very lightly then when I get up or off the back rest it pops back so if I sit back and get up it goes thump and sounds like a heartbeat .

I don't even know if that has anything to do with the clip because when I slap the seat I can hear it rattling around near the bottom of the back rest .

Any ideas on how to remove it and inspect the seat .
WITHOUT ripping my leather or taking hours of time to get the cover off the rear seat . Honestly no 1 sits back there but just the fact I know its there is annoying .. We All know that feeling

Well any positive feedback would be great ,or helpful ideas.. Yes I know just forget about it is the best answer !
sdeznutz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 28th, 2014, 03:52 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to sdeznutz
Fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdeznutz View Post
Ok so in the rear seat of my 11 coupe w/ leather the passanger side headrest "Guide" broke .
No problem I thought it was a tiny square ,until I got the new 1 .
So I pressed the button on the working guide and removed the head rest and looked down into the seat back!!!!

There lay a 2" long piece of plastic " the name guide not head rest snap or clip"

Ok so I am with the parts manager at the dealer who gave me this $20 piece under warranty but didn't have a tech remove it and needed it to send back for claims. Instead he says can you reach it?

So I stick my pinky into the shaft of the guide the head is what broke off , and I feel it starting to move .
Long story short it fell into the seat back /insulation or foam that the leather seat covers are over ..

Ok so I figured no problem he was content now with just the head of the guide (if you were facing the rear seat in the back passenger seat it is the left head rest and left side guide /plastic that holds the leather down on the top of the seat.
All we see is a black rounded edge square .
so now it is in the seat and I went from inside the trunk and removed all the Velcro and got my hand up in there and found on the side where the leather actually is that's where you can fit in between the seats .

Ok I though but there is zero give !!! so now with frustration I have a 2" guide that instead of being vertical "how it was in the top of the seat back now fell almost down to the middle of the seat and it most likely sideways..

The good news is it is in no way near the leather or have any way to rip or pierce it .
The bad news is when I sit in the rear passenger seat now it sounds like it has a Heartbeat . Well when I sit against the seat you feel like a spring pop very lightly then when I get up or off the back rest it pops back so if I sit back and get up it goes thump and sounds like a heartbeat .

I don't even know if that has anything to do with the clip because when I slap the seat I can hear it rattling around near the bottom of the back rest .

Any ideas on how to remove it and inspect the seat .
WITHOUT ripping my leather or taking hours of time to get the cover off the rear seat . Honestly no 1 sits back there but just the fact I know its there is annoying .. We All know that feeling

Well any positive feedback would be great ,or helpful ideas.. Yes I know just forget about it is the best answer !
Finally Fixed I got to the plastic the main noise was from the thin metal rear seat frame bring slightly dented from mechanics crawling in my trunk swapping out defective HFP struts 3 times ! Well just guide the bend and the plastic guide actually fell out of a split on the side of the seat while I had the cloth backing lifted
sdeznutz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 27th, 2015, 08:15 AM   #3

useful experience
Leshka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in