Bought a 2012 6-6! - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > CAR SPECIFIC DISCUSSION > 8TH GENERATION HONDA ACCORD (2008-2012)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 7th, 2016, 06:04 AM   #1

Bought a 2012 6-6!

I've owned the car for just over a week now, and I'm already looking for more power.

I've settled on ktuner, trying to track down a dealer in Canada before I order. Not having much luck.

Going to get a intake to go with it for the time being, and if the dollar ever picks up I'll order my PCDs and J pipe in the spring.

I'm leaning towards a SRI, rather than a CAI. the main reason being throttle response and water issues, however I've stumbled across the weapon R kit, it's a SRI with a "tube" that I can route wherever I want. I found some information from a few Civic Si owners saying this is one of the best option because it allows air in enter from two places, preventing the risk of hydro locking. Any input? Seems like its not a popular option on the fourms.

Also has P2R stopped selling ported intake runners? I'm ordering the OEM MXD spacers and having the machine shop at work mill it down to 3/4. I'd like to order the ported runner from P2R when I order the thermal gaskets (spacer and throttle body), but I can't seem to find them anywhere online. Is porting the runners something simple my machinist or myself can do? The only issue I see is getting either an even port through the entire runner or a slight, smooth tapper, narrowing to match the spacer to increase velocity.

Is this the best path to take with mods? I'd like to do the RDX/TL intake manifold swap as well but that seems expensive for the gains, some posts I've read are reporting pretty large gains, others are saying increases are small and mostly from shifting the torque curve lower in the rpms range. I like that idea, down low torque is more fun, but I don't want to ruin my top end completely.

Last time I was in an accord I was 17 and spitting bull crap all over the fourms trying to fit in with the V6 crowd, I've grown up a lot since then and have quite a bit more experience under my belt. Going to try the V6 accord thing again hopefully this time I can make less of a mess than I did with my 03 V6.

I'd be happy making 300whp, this car is already a bit of a handful with the V6 and FWD, massively different from the 2013 WRX I just got rid of. That car was pushing an estimated 300whp (no local dyno, Hp was based off 1/4 times and trap speed) and was more than enough for street driving with the odd track weekend / autocross. Almost too much for autocross actually.

What other common mods am I missing. Information is brutal to find, I've seen people using bishimoto cam regrinds, but I'd rather not haul my heads apart at this time, and I have to spend some time learning the tuning software etc. Throttle body spacers seem to be a waste, a thermal gasket would do the same thing, no plans of running nos at this time so the port wouldn't be of any use to me. Plus the ZEX kits I've seen used in the past suggest the nozzle be placed 6" from the throttle body.

Long winded post I know. But starting with a new platform is always a bit daunting. Even when you know most of the basics each engine is always different. I'd gladly trade all the things I know for the things I don't. You'll never stop learning with this stuff.

Thanks!
St.George is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 7th, 2016, 05:10 PM   #2

from what i udnerstand, yes, you want to leave the taper to prevent velocity turbulence.

and from what i understand, u will lose top end, but you can get it back if you do the exhaust (ie. HFPC/PCD, jpipe, catback exhaust).

i have the full size spacer on my 8th gen v6 sedan. I wouldnt say I lost much top end. its important you tune after you put all the mods in, to get the best bang for the buck.
J37 manifold is a great mod, but once again, to get the most out of it, you have to tune.
beekayhoax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 7th, 2016, 06:54 PM   #3

I'm assuming with the Ktuner I can change my own map as many times as I like, as often as I like. So I will be tuning and fine tuning with each mod. I never left the house in my WRX without my laptop and tactrix

I'd like to see 300hp to the front wheels, just enough to surprise some people.
St.George is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 23rd, 2017, 10:54 AM   #4

nice congrats on the buy, i just picked up my 08 v6 6 speed 2 days ago and i love it. came with intake and exhaust im gonna add J pipe, pre cat deletes and ktuner
03v6_6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in