Accord V6 Forum banner

ThermoBlok Spacers Review

2K views 33 replies 18 participants last post by  Accord_V6_400m 
#1 ·
Heres a link to my review:
http://www.v6performance.net/store/...id=35&osCsid=f45699438a3631376781b6dcf1cf6971

I thought we might discuss this great product since IMO it seems like a great buy but then on the other hand not too many people are going for and I think they should.

Just to give the cliff notes on my reivew basically saw how cool the spacers kept Maurices (Mr.V6P) polished intake manifold, by comparison my manifold was burning hot so I thought to myself something has to change.

I bought the stuff and am extremely happy with the product, I don't burn myself anymore :D

Some of the things that come in the kit that suprised me that I feel most people are not aware of is the throttle body hose bypass fitting. Its a spliced barb fitting that attach the two coolant hoses that went under the TB, which basically keeps the TB cooler.

And since a picture says a thousand words:

See less See more
#2 ·
....sure would like this installed...heat def robs power, keepin it cool would help us slowcords out.

I'm a novice at hondas...so, self install is out of the question.

How many "mechanic hours" do u guys think i would be charged for installation of the thermoblockers. ? 2 hours perhaps?

WHEEELMAN

p.s. still got one of those C-pillar bars for sale from BOOMPLUSTOYS. MAKE OFFER!!!!!

#5 ·
Yeah sorry no install pics, wasn't sure if it was going to be necessary since the instructions on how to install the product are pretty good and have some diagrams.

Install is only a few hours, depends on skill level and experience and if you just take your time to make sure you don't mess anything up :D Like scraping gaskets off, haha.

#10 ·
taospec said:
I thought you already had the Thermoblock spacer installed? What was the part that you showed me at Life Plaza meeting? :confused:
i think you are confused with the Helix throttle body spacer.

There a Helix Throttle bodyt spacer (makes blow off valve noise) and Thermoblock spacer (cools your engine down).

but yeah, no job, no money, no parts.

#11 ·
Kiet said:
yeah, hopefully i get it monday-tuesday. i ordered it off outlaw engineering webpage to save my a few dollars cuz i was getting taxed if i ordered it off the estore.

Yeah, the tax sucks. Since we're licensed to do business in California...even though we are incorporated in Delaware, we are required to collect sales tax. If we were strictly mail order, then we wouldn't have to. But since we have offices in CA, we have to collect the tax :(

Either way, I hope you enjoy the spacers. They are awesome! Who would have though such a simple piece could do so much.

Dizzy

#14 ·
Uh.... No. This goes between the heads and the upper intake manifold. It will raise the manifold off the heads a bit to releave the direct heat transfer it gets now. Also, one of the spacers (I think) goes onto the TB and a plug blocks the coolant passage through the TB to eliminate more heat.

I dont have the kit, so I can only assume what it's functions are. Ask Nick or Kiet to be sure.

#15 ·
yeah the headers have nothing to do with it, haha that would be some pretty amazing plastic if that were the case :D

To clarify there is a thermoblock spacer between the lower and upper intake manifold (between the part of the manifold you cant and can see, where the 6 runners meet).
The other spacer goes between the manifold and throttle body.

The third optional "race" option is the spliced barb fitting that has the coolant avoid the throttle body to keep it cooler but at the same time it allows for the throttle to ice up if your driving in cold conditions hence the reason the coolant goes there in the first place but I live in So Cal so I'm not worried.

#16 ·
Come on guys.

Unbolt Intake Manifold. Remove intake Manifold. Remove Throttle Body. Insert Spacer to TB. Rebolt TB. Insert Spacer into Intake Manifold. Rebolt Intake Manifold.

how hard is this?

...granted, mine is still sitting in my trunk at the shop. but i havent had time to bust out the tools. too much stuff to take care of.

#17 ·
The_Tofu_Shop said:
Come on guys.

Unbolt Intake Manifold. Remove intake Manifold. Remove Throttle Body. Insert Spacer to TB. Rebolt TB. Insert Spacer into Intake Manifold. Rebolt Intake Manifold.

how hard is this?

...granted, mine is still sitting in my trunk at the shop. but i havent had time to bust out the tools. too much stuff to take care of.
Correct :D

Its pretty easy its really straight foward almost no way you can screw it up although I can think of a few :p

#20 ·
it's cake. there's a dIY floating around over at Acurazine, but I didn't even need that for the install, and it's DEFINITELY worth it.

If I run the car hard and let it get pretty warm, lots of WOT and such, when I stop and pop the hood I get a burst of heat, but the intake manifold is still only mildly warm.

you have to install both spacers to get the full effect though.

#24 ·
kleptodathief said:
does this mod really free up some whp? if its +5whp i mite get this product installed! do they still sell these things?
It deals mostly with low/mid range torque more then anything else, a good example of this is where I made around 10wtq on a dynojet dyno just because my manifold was cold by comparison to the next runs when it wasn't. I would guess that it would help out even more if you left the IAT sensor in the IM and not in the V2s position in front of the TB, but still :)

It won't give you mad crazy peak hp numbers but the power band is improved a little. Its one of those mods that will mostly help you for everyday driving. Some people like them others like Kuya Master don't as much because they think they are not worth it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.