Accord V6 Forum banner

Dash-mount LCD option

6K views 74 replies 29 participants last post by  blue_k24a4 
#1 ·
Not sure if this was psoted before, but I just found this in Taiwan. You will need half-din LCD screen.

See less See more
#28 ·
I'd be down for a GB also. Thanks for looking around for this LCD mount for us man.

#32 ·
The first picture isn't the same as the other ones is it? Where did you pick up dash mount thing? I don't want the electronics.. just the mount would be good. I have a friend in Taiwan right now for the summer who would go pick up things for me if I knew where to get it.

#34 ·
wow.. i am surprised no one really read thru what i wrote..

1. I can not and do not want to get asiasonic (one shown in the middle of the thread) crap, and frankly I don't want to when there is a better choice..

2. The new choice, as I shown in first post, is a mounting piece only. You will need to get your own electronic (half-din LCD screen, etc).

3. You can find half-din LCD for $400 or so on ebay, I think. A year ago, I was only able to find one made by Pyle for about $550-$600.

4. Headrest LCD you can get everywhere. Check ebay.

#36 ·
brex said:
wow.. i am surprised no one really read thru what i wrote..

1. I can not and do not want to get asiasonic (one shown in the middle of the thread) crap, and frankly I don't want to when there is a better choice..

2. The new choice, as I shown in first post, is a mounting piece only. You will need to get your own electronic (half-din LCD screen, etc).

3. You can find half-din LCD for $400 or so on ebay, I think. A year ago, I was only able to find one made by Pyle for about $550-$600.

4. Headrest LCD you can get everywhere. Check ebay.
ok screw what i wrote. I'll take just the mounting peice. A lil bit of custom work can be done

#43 · (Edited)
Sin-R V6 said:
snatch as in buy man....
lol, sorry man, ma bad.. :D
i guess differrent terminologies in US and CA :)

now sorrie guys but im pretty slow, u've got to bare with me. the GB brex is goino try to get will be for the dash mounting kit which will repace the original dash top right now only!? NO wiring, no harness, no LCD or new head units. right?! we've got to get those our selves and sort of mix and match.
also, if that IS true and we have to shop around for other stuff our selves, could we purchase a unit with the navi capabilites, is there such a thing out there?!
i don realli want the dvd thingie but i'd realli like a navi.

#46 ·
Sedan~MAn said:
well, if its 250, and it would be fairly easy to install and not be a hassle and everythign would work, id be in....but im still a little skeptical, can anyone give me a run down of the possible problems that would be encountered.
yes, its pretty much just the same as installing HU. One thing I had learned from people that is using it already, is that there is nothing in the back that would hold the HU/DVD/LCD in place, and there is no railing either. So, you would need to use "something" to keep the piece steady. most of the people simply used those really strong double sided tape, to tape the top of the HU/DVD/LCD unit, to the plastic.

Without something to hold the unit in place to the plastic piece, the rear would fall down and screen would go lie 45 degree angle up-ward.

#48 ·
brex said:
yes, its pretty much just the same as installing HU. One thing I had learned from people that is using it already, is that there is nothing in the back that would hold the HU/DVD/LCD in place, and there is no railing either. So, you would need to use "something" to keep the piece steady. most of the people simply used those really strong double sided tape, to tape the top of the HU/DVD/LCD unit, to the plastic.

Without something to hold the unit in place to the plastic piece, the rear would fall down and screen would go lie 45 degree angle up-ward.
Um, why couldn't they put two metal rails so that you can slide the HU into this part without having to worry about mounting it? :confuse2:

#51 ·
brex said:
its a good question, and frankly, i don't know. I suppose they figure its an easy fix with double-sided tape?
It sounds more like a lack of R&D IMO. Is there any room inside to install some sort of metal rails?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.