The best alarm you would reccommend for a 6th Gen V6 Coupe - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > GENERAL AUTO DISCUSSION > AUDIO - VIDEO - ELECTRONICS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 29th, 2008, 02:04 AM   #1

Post The best alarm you would reccommend for a 6th Gen V6 Coupe

So it's 2:00am and I've been working on my baby all day. I'll post pictures when I'm finished but that's not why I'm posting tonight.

Recently it's come to my attention that I need a car alarm and a kill switch installed. I have general knowledge of such things but I'm not a DIY'er. So I was wondering what you boys would recommend as far as the best alarm setup.

I'm in the price range of $250-$500, but I'll spring for $700 if I have to. I've heard good thigns about vipers, cliffords, and compustars. A buddy of mine recommended Asian Wolf and Prostar.

So I was wondering, what's the most bang for your buck? And anyone know any good installers in Colorado?
Shade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 29th, 2008, 02:35 AM   #2
LaLaLaLa

Send a message via AIM to stupidaznmunkey
i know lilfotoman has car alarm hook ups maybe he'll let you know
stupidaznmunkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 29th, 2008, 02:57 AM   #3

Viper 5900 or 7900
nicepeta is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old January 29th, 2008, 05:05 AM   #4
Official V6P Retro Whore

compustar pro series
dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 29th, 2008, 06:55 AM   #5
DV8
Hella Functional

Send a message via ICQ to DV8 Send a message via AIM to DV8 Send a message via MSN to DV8
it's the install that's more important than the extra features an alarm has.....

But get one with a pager option, and most of the ones that has it, are pretty solid
DV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 29th, 2008, 08:35 AM   #6
My car's a pervert too.

^+1
I would definitely get one with a pager. As far as brands, I'd stick with D.E.I. who make Python, Viper, Clifford, and some others. They are a very reputable brand and have a lot of room to expand the alarm to encompass other things ie; windows, other sensor, etc.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Spazzokid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 29th, 2008, 01:07 PM   #7

Thanks a lot guys. I'll be focusing a lot of my efforts on finding the best installer I can, as my efforts have indicated that a good installer is worth his weight in gold.

As far as my Accord goes, I've used the cleaner and polish from Meguiar's Deep Crystal line and I'm currently using Meguiar's Show Car Glaze as a final prep for the Carnuba wax and a Wolfgang sealant. I'll be posting pictures once she's all finished and the sealant has had a chance to cure.

Right now I'm probably looking at a Compustar. As far as options for the alarm, no question I'm getting a pager. Glass break sensors, a hidden battery, piezo siren, and possibly shock sensors. I'm not a big fan of radar as I think it would just facilitate false alarms.

I do wonder though, is having an LED worth it? Or does it just bring your car to a crook's attention?

I am looking to upgrade my already substantial sound system to audiophile quality levels. I have tweeters mounted in subtle locations on my doors (professional install) that would usually be hard to notice along with an aftermarket deck. Wouldn't an LED bring this to a crooks attention?

My plan is to have a killswitch system to prevent a thief from driving off with my car, while the alarm would deter thiefs from stealing all my audio equipment.

My deck has a removable faceplate that I almost always take out whenever I park somewhere unfamiliar or when I am away from the car for long periods.

Thanks again for your help and advice!
Old January 29th, 2008, 01:09 PM   #8

Oh, and if I sound like I lose my train of thought during my posts, it's because I do.
Old January 29th, 2008, 10:37 PM   #9
hella flush

Send a message via AIM to lilfotoman
pm me if you interested in viper alarm. where you located?
lilfotoman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 31st, 2008, 08:28 AM   #10
My car's a pervert too.

If you are looking at putting alot into your deck, you may want to ask your installer to run a wire to your radio so if it's cut your alarm would automatically trip.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Spazzokid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 1st, 2008, 09:12 AM   #11
EliteCM.net

Send a message via AIM to sy272004 Send a message via Yahoo to sy272004
not sure what alarm is but it actually takes picture when alarm goes off or when car is bumped(great for hit and run ppl), anybody knows what it is?
sy272004 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 1st, 2008, 09:45 AM   #12
H22 driver

I have the v3 connect2car system in my car. there r different levels. mine came with a omega car alarm(with remote start for sticks and a turbo timer) i can view my cars location and status using my comp or cell phone. and lock,unlock,disable ignition,remote start from my phone

everything cost 550

but you need to have a good installer
blksniper2000 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 6th, 2008, 10:51 PM   #13

Liftoman, I'm actually located in Denver, Colorado.

Also, here are the pictures I promised. Also, I put my car into a ditch and it's in the garage getting repaired. I got lucky, it went in sideways and the only major damage was to my front bumper, which I was hoping to replace at some point anyways due to pockmarks and rock chips.

So I'll still be looking into getting an alarm, but the timeline it seems will have been moved back

Still my baby and I'll still be keeping good care of her. I'll just have to be more careful. I guess I need more practice driving on icy roads. Good thing I never claimed to be a perfect driver, still it's a bit embarassing and a blow to my confidence. I'll have to practice car control a lot more now.

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">

&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]">
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in