Arc Audio - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > GENERAL AUTO DISCUSSION > AUDIO - VIDEO - ELECTRONICS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 16th, 2008, 11:26 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to 1bLwN_AcCoRd
Arc Audio

anybody have any experience with ARC?
the flatline subs, the ks1000.1 and the arc 6000 components. anyone have experience with these products? i've heard good things about the old school arc amps but how about the new ones.

Last edited by 1bLwN_AcCoRd; February 16th, 2008 at 11:38 AM..
1bLwN_AcCoRd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 9th, 2008, 10:48 AM   #2
what's cracking?

arc audio is a quality company. There hasn't been extensive reviews of their speakers as thats not really what they are known for. Arc audio is known for the high quality amplifiers. They provide a great choice for all people. they have great selection for low, mid and high end people.
vietmandomy52 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 14th, 2008, 05:38 PM   #3
Blends No. 27

For a while, Arc was the distributor for Rainbow, and some speakers share the same design, or even the same drivers, if that tells you anything. Other than that, vietmandomy52 is right, Arc Audio is a high end company that's up there in the ranks of Zapco, Helix, DLS, Tru, etc.
Vestax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 15th, 2008, 12:11 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestax View Post
For a while, Arc was the distributor for Rainbow, and some speakers share the same design, or even the same drivers, if that tells you anything. Other than that, vietmandomy52 is right, Arc Audio is a high end company that's up there in the ranks of Zapco, Helix, DLS, Tru, etc.
thanks for the info, just picked up all my arc stuff, arc 1000 watt amp, arc components. and vestax quick question is this your cardomain page by any chance http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2431415
if it is i love the setup and quick question with the sub inverted is that more of a asthetic (sp?) install or a performance install?
and how do you like your id max, i really wanted to get one but cant afford it LOL
Old May 15th, 2008, 02:11 AM   #5
Blends No. 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1bLwN_AcCoRd View Post
thanks for the info, just picked up all my arc stuff, arc 1000 watt amp, arc components. and vestax quick question is this your cardomain page by any chance http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2431415
if it is i love the setup and quick question with the sub inverted is that more of a asthetic (sp?) install or a performance install?
and how do you like your id max, i really wanted to get one but cant afford it LOL

Hey yeah that's my install from 2 years ago.. it's going through some changes right now and I'll be working on getting new Peerless 8" SLS in the doors, with the same 4" and 1" Seas Lotus Reference drivers.

Inverted mounted subs are for strictly for aestetics and you won't notice a difference in performance due to the fact that the FR below roughly 80hz is non-directional. The only differences when you mount it inverted is less displacement in volume inside the box, no terminal cups needed (wire it from outside), and voice coil exposure/cooling outside the box..... which probably won't serve you any benefits anyways.

Call me bias (had 4 ID Maxes v2 and v3 in the last 8 years) and I've audition many other subs and the ID Max is still one of my favorites due to its high efficiency, price, and flexibility in terms of tonality with the front stage tuning. Some may criticize it for being a peaky sub but I find it fine. It requires roughly 1.4 cubes for a sealed enclosure and will get loud starting at 250 watts all the way up to 1k wrms.

Retail pricing on the Max is around $499 but you'll find street prices starting at $299, and used Maxes anywhere from $150 to $250.
Old May 15th, 2008, 02:13 AM   #6

do you mind me asking how much you got your id max for?
Old May 15th, 2008, 02:18 AM   #7
Blends No. 27

Quote:
do you mind me asking how much you got your id max for?
Not at all, I've been paying $250 to $350 over the years through authorized dealers. I used to work in the industry, so I've gotten favors from work I used to do for other shops.
Old May 15th, 2008, 02:35 AM   #8

any chance of me getting an IDMAX through you? i've looked all over the net and the cheapest price i've found is 499.
Old May 15th, 2008, 02:39 AM   #9
Blends No. 27

You got PM.
Old May 15th, 2008, 02:40 AM   #10

oh btw, your located in san jose, any chance of me meeting you up and listening to the IDMAX in person? i've never had a chance to actually hear one.
Old May 15th, 2008, 02:48 AM   #11
Blends No. 27

Quote:
oh btw, your located in san jose, any chance of me meeting you up and listening to the IDMAX in person? i've never had a chance to actually hear one.
Yeah no problem. Are you on other forums? check out www.diymobileaudio.com and www.elitecaraudio.com

Since IASCA and USACi have bailed out on us, we often have Bay Area meets for strictly SQ car audio. We do this at least 2 or 3 times a year. There's also an annual one that my friend holds in the Monterey Area where at least 30 to 50 cars show up with high end gear. We have reps from Arc Audio, Hertz, Genesis, DLS, Seas, Zapco, ID, etc. and dealers/shops such as SimplicityinSound, Sound Innovations as well as installers and enthusiasts alike meet and talk about the things they love. It's always a great turn out and we've been doing it for the last 8 years. You should get check it out if you're into car audio.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in