Anyone know the ohms going to the stock 6.5" door woofer? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > GENERAL AUTO DISCUSSION > AUDIO - VIDEO - ELECTRONICS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 3rd, 2008, 11:04 AM   #1
cunning linguist

Anyone know the ohms going to the stock 6.5" door woofer?

Just as the title says. Anyone?

I am trying to improve my stock sound system (6 disc 'premium') and I realized that my tweeters are actually not too bad. It sjust my woofers in the door that seem to distort at higher volumes.

I am looking to buy just the woofer/mid bass from parts express and I would like to match the factory speaker ohms to the new one.
MorePower4me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 3rd, 2008, 06:22 PM   #2
Blends No. 27

Speakers will always determine current draw, so it's the dc resistance on the speaker is what you're after, not the other way around. It's normally 4ohm drivers on stock imports. With tweeters, it varies but they are normally wired in parallel with the woofer with a capacitor wired in on the positive terminal. Your final impedance should be close to 4 ohms.
Vestax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 4th, 2008, 03:33 PM   #3
cunning linguist

Ok perfect, thanks.
Do you see any other problems with this?
How about speaker efficiency. I'd hate to have a 90db tweeter and a 86db woofer. I know I can EQ some of that away but...

I would just do a component and be done with it, but the in-dash tweeter really doesn't sound bad at all. Plus I don't want to find space for the x-over and wire something into my A-pillar....
MorePower4me is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 14th, 2008, 05:58 PM   #4
Blends No. 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorePower4me View Post
Ok perfect, thanks.
Do you see any other problems with this?
How about speaker efficiency. I'd hate to have a 90db tweeter and a 86db woofer. I know I can EQ some of that away but...

I would just do a component and be done with it, but the in-dash tweeter really doesn't sound bad at all. Plus I don't want to find space for the x-over and wire something into my A-pillar....
It really depends on what frequency and the characteristic of the speakers. An efficient tweeter will take less power to get loud, at especially the top end FR.
Vestax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in