Capaicitor refuses to turn on! - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > GENERAL AUTO DISCUSSION > AUDIO - VIDEO - ELECTRONICS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 11th, 2008, 10:40 PM   #1

Capaicitor refuses to turn on!

Well my lights started dimming when the volume got medium to high lol. So i decided to install a 3.5 farad(bit much but got a great deal) but i can't get the damn thing on. Once in a while it will blink but thats it. Wiring from the battery to the cap to the amp the sound system still turns on with out a hitch sounds the same no buzzing; but no cap still. I have an Alpine M500, is it possible that the cap is just to big for the amp to that much power?(BTW i don't think so just was recommended to me).

Any thoughts ideas would be much appreciated! The cap was charged through a resistor not a direct connect to the battery.

Thanks

DaSmittyman
DaSmittyman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 13th, 2008, 10:33 AM   #2
Boosted

are you sure its not turning on? cuz i bought a 20$on sale one from Frys electronics down here in GA.and went to bestbuy and had my buddy charge it for me.but just the LED screen didnt work.
mayb the LED display is busted like mine was?

or also the lines between the cap and amp is to long along with the ground?
1nonlyaccord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 13th, 2008, 11:04 AM   #3

My lights still dim down when the music is playing, not just a little dim either. The amp and cap are right next to each other, the lines can't be longer than 5 inchs
DaSmittyman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old July 17th, 2008, 09:32 AM   #4

I had this problem with mine. It kept on blinking and wouldnt stay on. The negative part of the cap might be loose and need to be tightened. Unhook the cap from the amp. I had to screw the bolt to that negative side which caused the base to tighten. Hook everything back up and it works fine now.
goldenchild626 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in