Help with Wiring On a Sub - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > GENERAL AUTO DISCUSSION > AUDIO - VIDEO - ELECTRONICS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 4th, 2007, 08:26 PM   #1
Chi
What me? Worry?

Help with Wiring On a Sub

Hello, I have an Infinity Perfect 12.1 that recommends 350 Watts RMS Dual 4OHM VC

I'm using an old Fosgate 750s which puts out

187.5 Watts *2 Channels 4OHM
375 Watts * 2 Channels 2OHM
and 750 Watts * 1 Channel bridged 4OHM

How should I wire the sub to the amp? The bridged 4OHM looks best of course but I don't want to blow my darn sub. Any recommendations?
Chi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 7th, 2007, 02:01 AM   #2
what's cracking?

well here's the problem. your sub is a dual voice coil 4 ohm sub so you either have to wire to a 2 ohm load or an 8 ohm load. your amp isn't stable to 2 ohm bridged, so either you should wire it to 2 ohms and use one channel off of the amp or you wire to 8 ohms and bridge the amp. either way you setup with the two above setups i just told you, you will get 375 watts to the sub. here's a good link on how to wire up your sub, http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31984.
vietmandomy52 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 7th, 2007, 09:06 AM   #3
Chi
What me? Worry?

Thanks vietmandomy52, was looking aroudn some other boards and it seems that's the best way to do it. I think I'll be wiring it with the 8OHM bridged.

If it doesn't work out, look for my post sometimes next week

"Help Please my Sub blew LOL, WTC"

Old March 7th, 2007, 02:27 PM   #4
7th Gen ACcord

no. wire it at 2ohm. you will be underpowering your sub at 8ohm.
xjdMb16a2six is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 7th, 2007, 03:20 PM   #5
... Honda is bliss ...

Send a message via AIM to iLLmAT1k
8 ohms will be too boomy. 2ohms will push the power hard, 4-ohms will get you good sound quality and accurate bass. I'm not sure about your loads. I have an MB Quart RWE304 in a 1.5 cu. ft. sealed box(going ported soon) and Phoenix Gold R 15.0:1... pushing 500 RMS at 4 ohms. It's sound quality is outstanding.
iLLmAT1k is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 7th, 2007, 03:33 PM   #6
what's cracking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjdMb16a2six
no. wire it at 2ohm. you will be underpowering your sub at 8ohm.
what are you talking about? his amp isn't stable down to 2 ohms bridged (well according to specs at least). if his amp isn't stable down to 2 ohms, then if he wires it up to a 2 ohm load and bridges his amp, his amp will blow. that simple. also what do you mean by underpowering his sub? if he wires it up to 8 ohm and bridges the amp he'll still get 375 watts to his sub. rms on his sub is 350. should be plenty to get it going if its in the right box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLmAT1k
8 ohms will be too boomy. 2ohms will push the power hard, 4-ohms will get you good sound quality and accurate bass. I'm not sure about your loads. I have an MB Quart RWE304 in a 1.5 cu. ft. sealed box(going ported soon) and Phoenix Gold R 15.0:1... pushing 500 RMS at 4 ohms. It's sound quality is outstanding.
what are you talking about? what evidence do you got? the sub should sound the same regardless of ohm load if each load is getting the same power. if you wire it up to an 8 ohm load giving 375 watts or if you wire it up to a 2 ohm load and give 375, it'll still sound the same regardless of ohm load. there's no difference in sound quality by ohms period.
vietmandomy52 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 7th, 2007, 03:42 PM   #7
Blends No. 27

Some people should really stop giving advice.

vietmandomy52 was right, a single dual 4-ohm sub can only be wired for 2 or 8 ohms.

The sub/driver/transducer/resistor will always, I REPEAT, always determine current draw from the amp. (unless you have a JL Audio slash series or PG Xenon, you can pick the impedance, but that's a different story).

Given that fact, since you can only wire the sub for a 2 ohm stereo or 8 ohm mono load......

2 ohm stereo gives out 375 wrms.

8 ohm mono gives 375 wrms.

THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE in underpowering, overpowering, sound quality, poor quality or any bullsh!t because getting into the debate of dampening factor would be moot point... YOU WON"T HEAR THE DIFFERENCE AUDIBLY. If you could, Brax, Genesis, Tru, Arc would all hire you with a 6 figure salary.

The real fact is, the OP has the wrong amp or subwoofer combination. Either change out the amp or the sub.
Vestax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 7th, 2007, 05:54 PM   #8
Chi
What me? Worry?

Oooh Vestax the expert speaks, always enjoyed your advice on other threads. Thanks for confirming Viet

Yeah I know I have the wrong sub / amp, but it's a system I putting together from old parts on the cheap so just trying the put them together the best way possible.
Old March 7th, 2007, 09:34 PM   #9
7th Gen ACcord

woops. i thought it was a mono amp.
xjdMb16a2six is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 11th, 2007, 08:48 PM   #10

get another 12, so you can take advantage of all the power your amp has, and run each sub parallel @ 2ohm to a channel... but with the set up you have Vestax has it right you got the wrong configuration, just run it off of one channel...
disgookonfiya is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in