Stock radio issues... - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > GENERAL AUTO DISCUSSION > AUDIO - VIDEO - ELECTRONICS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 17th, 2007, 01:03 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to AznBoyIceyIce
Stock radio issues...

So I was driving to school this morning and I was listening to a CD. Suddenly, the CD cuts off and it reads "ERR" on the deck. Now, the radio still works but I can't get it to read the CD. I disconnected the battery and re-connected it, and put in the radio code. The CD player still doesn't work and now it doesn't even show I have CDs in the player. Has anybody had this problem before and if so, what did you do? If not, what would you recommend?
AznBoyIceyIce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 17th, 2007, 02:08 PM   #2
hey! its beer o'clock!

Send a message via MSN to ryan s
rip it out and toss it out the window while driving

did you try a different cd? time for an aftermarket deck
ryan s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 17th, 2007, 02:48 PM   #3

You could buy my old one

E
ericspda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 17th, 2007, 05:02 PM   #4
^_________^

Send a message via AIM to stevent
maybe something inside the cd player is corrupted, or it could just be the cd.
stevent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 18th, 2007, 02:08 PM   #5

Send a message via AIM to wayne73
burned cd ? my factory radio would never play burned.....maybe time for a new radio....i have a dash kit and wiring harness sitting around if u want it
wayne73 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 19th, 2007, 12:20 AM   #6

I was listening to a burned CD, but the thing is, the CD player no longer recognizes that there are any CD's in the player even though there's 6 CD's in the changer. Also, when I push the "CD" button, it doesn't do anything. It's like the CD player completely stopped working all together. I'm going to try and have it diagnosed by Honda to see what they problem is and try to convince them to cover the cost of a new 6-Disc CD Changer since I'm currently on my 4th transmission (soon to be 5 a few months down the road) and have invested too much time and money into this car.

ericspda: If Honda won't provide me with any "assistance" for a new CD changer, how much would you ask for yours shipped to 94596?
Old April 19th, 2007, 12:31 AM   #7
A n g u s D e i

Send a message via AIM to itchthys
Is it a single CD? Well if so.. you're screwed. Mine did the same thing. If you read the manual that came with the car, it says that you need to take it to the dealership. I had to buy a completely new deck. :x Sorry to hear, but I don't know what causes it.
itchthys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 19th, 2007, 08:22 AM   #8

Im not sure how much they go for, but ill come up with a price later today...

Eric
Old April 19th, 2007, 09:16 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchthys
Is it a single CD? Well if so.. you're screwed. Mine did the same thing. If you read the manual that came with the car, it says that you need to take it to the dealership. I had to buy a completely new deck. :x Sorry to hear, but I don't know what causes it.
It's the 6-disc CD changer. It just happened out of the blue, but hopefully Honda can fix it. Either way, I'm sure I'm screwed.

ericspda: Dealership quoted "well over $900" for the 6-disc CD changer. If Honda doesn't cover it, I'll probably just go aftermarket.
Old April 19th, 2007, 09:37 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by AznBoyIceyIce
So I was driving to school this morning and I was listening to a CD. Suddenly, the CD cuts off and it reads "ERR" on the deck. Now, the radio still works but I can't get it to read the CD. I disconnected the battery and re-connected it, and put in the radio code. The CD player still doesn't work and now it doesn't even show I have CDs in the player. Has anybody had this problem before and if so, what did you do? If not, what would you recommend?
I've had issues with my stock deck also. I was driving around one day and I stopped at the store. When i started the car up And turned on my headlights i noticed that the illumination on my deck, climate controls and heated seat switches didn't come on. I took it to honda and they replaced my deck for a new one. That think wouldn't have been cheep if i had payed out of pocket. They said it runs about $600. So i got my new deck a few months ago and i'm begining to have more problems. I was at Best Buy picking up a cd when i turn on my car and i hear a loud pop through all the speakers. It tripped me out! A few seconds later I heard it again and then the sound came back on. I'm gonna take it to Honda this friday to get that and my tranny checked out. If I have to pay out of pocket I'll probably go aftermarket for a new deck, I didn't want to do it because the climate controls are integrated with the deck and the kits I've seen i don't really like. I also don't want to get rid of my cubby space under the deck. The trap door looks pretty cool. I might just modify it to where i could put a deck in there and still keep the door to make look stock but I'll see what Honda says first...
GENSE7EN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 19th, 2007, 10:23 AM   #11
A n g u s D e i

Send a message via AIM to itchthys
^If Honda does NOT cover it.. then heck, don't blow your money. Go for an aftermarket deck.. Heck, get the Pioneer Avic-D3. ; )
itchthys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 19th, 2007, 04:32 PM   #12

Quote:
It's the 6-disc CD changer. It just happened out of the blue, but hopefully Honda can fix it. Either way, I'm sure I'm screwed.

ericspda: Dealership quoted "well over $900" for the 6-disc CD changer. If Honda doesn't cover it, I'll probably just go aftermarket.
OH MY GOD!

$900+? WTF... thats stupid.. Id say no more than like 400-600 new from honda...

Id expect to get like 200 for a used one... :/

E
Old April 20th, 2007, 12:31 AM   #13

I probably will go aftermarket if Honda won't fix it since I'm running a bit short on cash now that I just bought a Nokia N95, so that set me back another $950...
Old April 21st, 2007, 05:29 PM   #14
Work hard...play harder!

Send a message via AIM to OCdjg
Quote:
I probably will go aftermarket if Honda won't fix it since I'm running a bit short on cash now that I just bought a Nokia N95, so that set me back another $950...
If memory serves me right, I'm pretty sure your screwed. I think the laser beam mechanism is most likely loose and it wont read any of your cds now. Your best bet is to buy a new aftermarket player since Honda does not usually cover this issue.
OCdjg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 23rd, 2007, 11:38 PM   #15
4.0L

^^ werd. The laser on these 6CD changers is extremely delicate. That's why you MUST wait for the green light before loading a CD...and stuff like that. I had bought one from someone here and when I got it everything was fine until I tried to eject a CD...then it locked up on me and gave me the same ERR message. Same thing with not recognizing the CDs too.

I got one locally from a friend and it works perfect and has for almost a year now. He gave it to me...and now he kinda wants to go back to stock...so when I put my D3 in I'm gonna give the stock one back to him.
VietNinjaJ30A1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in