Ideas -> Changing out Sound System - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > GENERAL AUTO DISCUSSION > AUDIO - VIDEO - ELECTRONICS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 24th, 2007, 09:37 AM   #1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 36
Ideas -> Changing out Sound System

Getting ready to change out this Sound System. here are my plans and ideas. please please please let me know what you think. and add your own combos like i did below. also add pictures if you have them

1. Keep Factory Radio (head unit) it looks Clean and the After maket one makes it look UGLY (i think it does, please don't yell at me if you have one)

2. Changing out the 2 Rear Speakers with 6x9" Polk db690 (Link)

3. Changing Out the 2 Front door speakers with 6-1/2" Polk Audio db 651s (Link)

Thats all i have so far here are some other thoughts-

I want a JL audio Clean Sweep (i hear its what you want for a factory radio)

I want a JL audio Amp (I hear JL Audio is the best)

I want 2 Custom Sub woofer JL audio on each side of the car

PS2 or an xbox ( i have a custom xbox that i don't use)

Nexxson half din Dash or Visor TV's
Loci03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old April 24th, 2007, 10:56 AM   #2
Giggity. Aw Right.
 
droopy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: West LA
Posts: 259
sounds good. have you considered NOT having rear speakers? you don't really need rear speakers if your fronts can handle the job (and thos polks can) and no rear speakers will incrase bass response from the rear.

oh, and sound deadening. with w 2 subs in the back, u definately want to deaden the rear.
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 24th, 2007, 11:02 AM   #3
Registered User
 
datboiroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,576
Send a message via AIM to datboiroy
have you considered the Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.1 or 3sixty.2 i was told they are really good units than the cleansweep. are you lookin to go sq? you could go with 1 12w6v2 with a jl 500/1 amp. or 2 w3v3 wit a 500/1 amp. JL is a good company, but there are companies out there that are better than them but dont really care bout advertising as much as JL does.
datboiroy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old April 24th, 2007, 11:24 AM   #4
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by datboiroy
have you considered the Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.1 or 3sixty.2 i was told they are really good units than the cleansweep. are you lookin to go sq? you could go with 1 12w6v2 with a jl 500/1 amp. or 2 w3v3 wit a 500/1 amp. JL is a good company, but there are companies out there that are better than them but dont really care bout advertising as much as JL does.

i looked at Rockford device, what is this about the Bluetooth feature? you need a Plam to configure it?
Loci03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 24th, 2007, 11:31 AM   #5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by droopy
sounds good. have you considered NOT having rear speakers? you don't really need rear speakers if your fronts can handle the job (and thos polks can) and no rear speakers will incrase bass response from the rear.

oh, and sound deadening. with w 2 subs in the back, u definately want to deaden the rear.
Droopy, do you think i should do 2 subs in the back or one nice one. what do you think?
Loci03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 24th, 2007, 12:40 PM   #6
Your V6P Snake Champion
 
oswhiteboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Orlando, Florida
Posts: 1,301
2 FTW!
oswhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 24th, 2007, 01:28 PM   #7
Registered User
 
datboiroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,576
Send a message via AIM to datboiroy
1 15" or 2 12's or a JL 13" lol
datboiroy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 24th, 2007, 01:30 PM   #8
Giggity. Aw Right.
 
droopy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: West LA
Posts: 259
i'd go with one if you want to save some room in the trunk, as sub boxes (unless custom fiberglassed into a false floor or into the corner) can take up a lot of space. if you don't use your trunk that much, go for two. personally i like one sub because i use my trunk a lot to haul stuff, but i would go for two if i had the space.

to keep costs down, you might want to consider prefabricated box/sub sets, as some of those are pretty reliable, loud, and (sometimes) looks cool. if you want to do it yourself, one thing to keep in mind is a sealed or ported enclosure. you can look up this stuff online, but generally, sealed is more SQ (tighter bass) and ported is louder. so it really depends on what you're going for. but if you run two 600W 12" subs, sealed or ported, it'll be damned loud =)
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 24th, 2007, 01:52 PM   #9
Giggity. Aw Right.
 
droopy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: West LA
Posts: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loci03
i looked at Rockford device, what is this about the Bluetooth feature? you need a Plam to configure it?
hahaha roy and i are saying the same things in two different threads. ^_^" yes, you do need a palm with bluetooth to set it up. if you don't have one, you can take it to an authorized 3sixty dealer and they will set it up for you. sounds great, but it is costlier than other options. if you're not crazy into SQ, then you can get away with a Navone LOC, or cleansweep is pretty good. really depends on your budget.
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 24th, 2007, 02:19 PM   #10
Registered User
 
datboiroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Houston
Posts: 1,576
Send a message via AIM to datboiroy
lol yea droopy, they should just combine the threads
datboiroy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 24th, 2007, 04:36 PM   #11
Registered User
 
ecko72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: North Miami Beach
Posts: 138
yo thats a good setup. the clean sweep i heard is real good. my setup is going to be
1. JL ZR 6 1/2 compents in front
2. JL 6x9 not sure which yet
3. going to try to put the eclipse 5500 double din in the cubby. and also leave the head unit able to stay on just does not play any sound from it.
4. kicker L7 12' with the kicker 1000 mono amp and the eclispe 4000 4ch amp
ecko72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 24th, 2007, 07:56 PM   #12
The Syndicate Martyr
 
Dynamatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Posts: 129
Send a message via AIM to Dynamatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by datboiroy
1 15" or 2 12's or a JL 13" lol
JL 13" is a pile of sh!t, sorry guys, its loud but sloppy and over priced as hell
Dynamatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 24th, 2007, 07:58 PM   #13
The Syndicate Martyr
 
Dynamatt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Posts: 129
Send a message via AIM to Dynamatt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loci03
i looked at Rockford device, what is this about the Bluetooth feature? you need a Plam to configure it?
You need the Palm to set the EQ and x-over frequencies/ slope.. It may seem like a little much but it's so worth it to be able to adjust those things comfortably from the drivers seat not cramed down in a trunk where you cant hear anything or under a seat..
Dynamatt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 24th, 2007, 08:01 PM   #14
Giggity. Aw Right.
 
droopy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: West LA
Posts: 259
i kno there's a lot of debate about this, but i would really recommend NOT having rear speakers. your car's sounds are stereo (unless you're ballah and have 5.1, in that case you need that rear setup), and the majority of the music should be coming from the FRONT anyway. also, i've notice very noticible increases in bass by removing my rear speakers. try to get everything but the rear speakers (remove the stockies so the gaping whole will move more air) and see how it sounds. if it sounds fine, i'd leave 'em off. just my opinion on the matter.
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 24th, 2007, 08:20 PM   #15
registered n00b
 
sumptimwong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: 510 and 650
Posts: 2,769
Send a message via AIM to sumptimwong
I've got 6x9's in the rear that push 70rms, and I've got them set on LPF @ 80hz. Since I didn't want a big sub taking up room in the trunk, the rears acted as two mini subs. They suit my tastes just fine. They bump pretty well when the car is still.
sumptimwong is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 24th, 2007, 08:41 PM   #16
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,315
Cool...

Sounds prety good to me...

And yea man... I know, i couldnt find a single head unit i like, so i basically made my own...

E
ericspda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 24th, 2007, 09:10 PM   #17
Giggity. Aw Right.
 
droopy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: West LA
Posts: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumptimwong
I've got 6x9's in the rear that push 70rms, and I've got them set on LPF @ 80hz. Since I didn't want a big sub taking up room in the trunk, the rears acted as two mini subs. They suit my tastes just fine. They bump pretty well when the car is still.
point taken, but still can't beat a real sub.... a 10" usually takes up less than 1.0 ft^3 of space (i know some 12" that takes up that space) and it'll sound much better.
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 25th, 2007, 01:02 AM   #18
hey! its beer o'clock!
 
ryan s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Madison/Mequon WI
Posts: 411
Send a message via MSN to ryan s
i agree...no rear speakers. itll save you some green, and you wont know theyre gone

there are other products out there other than jl. im considering getting rid of my 12w3v2d4 in favor of an IDQ 12 or phoenix gold rsd12d. dont look at brands...set goals first, then find the gear that fits your needs
ryan s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 25th, 2007, 02:55 AM   #19
Giggity. Aw Right.
 
droopy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: West LA
Posts: 259
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan s
i agree...no rear speakers. itll save you some green, and you wont know theyre gone

there are other products out there other than jl. im considering getting rid of my 12w3v2d4 in favor of an IDQ 12 or phoenix gold rsd12d. dont look at brands...set goals first, then find the gear that fits your needs
totally agree. if you're on a budget, check out elemental designs audio, if you order a complete set from them they have 15% off as their "package deal" for the price their stuff ain't bad at all.
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 25th, 2007, 07:58 AM   #20
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamatt
JL 13" is a pile of sh!t, sorry guys, its loud but sloppy and over priced as hell
so what is the best sub out there, i think i am only going to go with one
Loci03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 25th, 2007, 02:30 PM   #21
Giggity. Aw Right.
 
droopy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: West LA
Posts: 259
for SQ, i would look into the 13Ov.2 with a nine.2x amp from edesignaudio.com read the review, for the price, sounds pretty good and takes up only 1 ft^3 sealed.
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 14th, 2007, 12:18 PM   #22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 36
Ok so now i'm hearing that theses aren't the best bet. (friends were like i can get better) I just want quality Speakers in my car without adding all of the extras (like drilling another hole for a little tweeter) can any one give me advice on what are the best speakers to put in my car, i'm buying them tomorrow from Crutchfield.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loci03
Getting ready to change out this Sound System. here are my plans and ideas. please please please let me know what you think. and add your own combos like i did below. also add pictures if you have them

1. Keep Factory Radio (head unit) it looks Clean and the After maket one makes it look UGLY (i think it does, please don't yell at me if you have one)

2. Changing out the 2 Rear Speakers with 6x9" Polk db690 (Link)

3. Changing Out the 2 Front door speakers with 6-1/2" Polk Audio db 651s (Link)

Thats all i have so far here are some other thoughts-

I want a JL audio Clean Sweep (i hear its what you want for a factory radio)

I want a JL audio Amp (I hear JL Audio is the best)

I want 2 Custom Sub woofer JL audio on each side of the car

PS2 or an xbox ( i have a custom xbox that i don't use)

Nexxson half din Dash or Visor TV's
Loci03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On