Car Audio Sucks - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > GENERAL AUTO DISCUSSION > AUDIO - VIDEO - ELECTRONICS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 24th, 2007, 09:44 AM   #1

Send a message via AIM to johnkim0822
Unhappy Car Audio Sucks

I guess this is a problem for most people. I don't want to spend more than 1,500 dollars

What should i do? I have a navigation system I want to use the stock stuff...someone was telling me about a 6 channel amp but I have no idea how that works.

I was told I need...

Sound Dampening Mesh...
6 Channel Amp... (JBL?)
2 speakers for the side doors...
2 speakers for the rears...
leave the tweeters alone..
get a 12 inch sub...
and ???

I just came from a 9 speaker 280 watt Bose sound system with active noise cancelling. It was nice (but alas it was another car)

I tried audio places here in GA but they are giving me outrageous prices. I would like to spend as little as possible...but what have you done?
johnkim0822 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 24th, 2007, 10:53 AM   #2
Giggity. Aw Right.

if you want to save on costs, i would actually recommend NOT having rear deck speakers. if you have great speakers up front, you don't need the rear fill (unless you want the 5.1 surround sound, which i doubt at your budget). this also will increase your bass response from your trunk.

more things you will probably need:
instead of a 6 channel amp, 2 amps, 1 for the front speakers, 1 for the sub
i would get a speaker/tweeter set w/ a passive crossover.
box for your sub
a LOC (so you can add an aftermarket sub to your stock system)
amp kit (wiring the 2 amps, get the 4 gauge powering 2 amps)
RCA cables to run from head unit to rear
speaker cables

that should be it. you don't NEED sound deadening, but your system will sound better w/ it. PM me if you ahve any questions. personally iwould recommend edesignaudio.com as i have their 6500 and 13kv.2 in my car, and i love it for the price. =)
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 24th, 2007, 11:17 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to datboiroy
hmm for a nice sound system, i wouldnt use LOC's, personally for a nice sound quality setup, i would go with.....

Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.1 (just like the cleansweep)
all diamond audio products, front components, 1 12" in a custom box built to specs, and amps. should sound good. my friends shop did a custom install with all diamond audio and it sounded pretty good. i think you can get everything installed for prolly under a grand.
datboiroy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 24th, 2007, 01:49 PM   #4
Giggity. Aw Right.

agreed on the price. the only thing about the 3sixty is that you need a bluetooth palm to set it up, and it's only really effective when you properly can set it up or you pay someone to properly set it up. otherwise, cleansweaps are good, and i run a navone LOC and i think my system sounds pretty damned good. the tweeters can get a little bright sometimes tho. =P

as for the brands, everyone has a preference. my best advice is to look for a local audio forum or shop and listen to different setups and see what you like. 'gluck!
droopy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 25th, 2007, 12:57 AM   #5
hey! its beer o'clock!

Send a message via MSN to ryan s
to save money, buy used gear. check out forums like diyma and ca to browse the classifieds.

ill be buying a $700 6 channel planet audio (non-tube) amp for 300. its been used, yeah, but its been checked out by the shop selling it. all it needs is a repaint...ooooo...or just hide it.

you could hook up a wicked system for 1500 once i get the 6 channel, ill have right around 1400 invested (ouch lol )
ryan s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 26th, 2007, 08:43 AM   #6

Well it turns out a audio place will demo stuff for me O_o on his own accord. 4 FREE!??!?!

I don't want insane bass...I just want something better than stock...that works with the stock amp. The sound deadening helps with roadnoise as well...which is important to me somewhat. My last car had it and it made a big difference.

I have a blaupunkt sub with custom enclosure for 7th gen coupe and a 5 channel THA 555 AMP. sound deadning for the interior of the car...and a THa 275 PnP for the sub.

Does our stock amp hace RCA inputs?!?!?
Old April 26th, 2007, 10:19 AM   #7

I need a good way to get 5.1 out of my mini mac, and find a place for a center.. or just split it amongst the two fronts...

Then... DTS in a accord yo!

E
ericspda is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 26th, 2007, 10:48 AM   #8

TRUST me, you do not need to touch your front or rear speakers(they sound great and IMO are impressive) since u want to keep your stock HU, get a line out converter(LOC)-enabling you to run RCAs from your HU to your amp. personally i would go with a 12 inch alpine type R sub or a 12 inch JL w3v3, and then obviously dont go cheap on the amp... there are many nice amps out there these days that will suit you perfectly. that should all be well under 1500.. if u shop right, collin
kashano is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 26th, 2007, 01:28 PM   #9

...at max volume with an aftermarket amp the speaker quality degrades very fast.

the tweeters are excellent. no change really needed...

its just the mid and low response. by making the lower front and rear produce mid to mid-highs

1) it will put less stress on them
2) that means last longer
3) it sounds better to seperate channels

well I am going to plug straight into the back of the factory amp >_>...and no splicing required...

don't you know what plug and play is? Blaupunkt already custom engineered a connector that goes inbetween the speaker wires and the amp...to amplify from there 1...and 2 install in like 45 minutes with the sub enclosure. I will take pics and a DIY!!! If blaupunkt lets me.

You can't buy blaupunkt...you have to go through a dealer lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in