way to hide double din monitor? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > GENERAL AUTO DISCUSSION > AUDIO - VIDEO - ELECTRONICS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 10th, 2007, 08:47 AM   #1

way to hide double din monitor?

hey guys my little cousin is about to purchase a double din monitor for his 6th gen accord sedan. he's wondering if theres anyway to hide it or take it out each time he leaves his car alone (just like how headunits faceplate comes off) i'm pretty sure you can't take out the screen but is there a way to cover it up or hide it? he goes to ucr so he's scared of getting jacked but he really wants a double din. any ideas on how to hide it or something like that? thanks.
MR_DOPEY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 10th, 2007, 08:53 AM   #2
4.0L

One way to do it is to find an old OEM headunit and dremel off the faceplate. Glue all the buttons in place from behind (if they're not already connected to the face) and you can slide that into the 2x DIN slot in front of the monitor when you get out of your car.

When I drive on campus I turn my screen off so that it's not that noticable when I drive by people.
VietNinjaJ30A1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 10th, 2007, 09:10 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by VietNinjaJ30A1
One way to do it is to find an old OEM headunit and dremel off the faceplate. Glue all the buttons in place from behind (if they're not already connected to the face) and you can slide that into the 2x DIN slot in front of the monitor when you get out of your car.

When I drive on campus I turn my screen off so that it's not that noticable when I drive by people.

Are there any pictures of someone doing that? I wanna see how this was done. Thanks for info man! helps alot.
MR_DOPEY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 10th, 2007, 11:28 AM   #4
Project: BGC

Send a message via AIM to b0r1cha
yeah this was one thing i wanna know too. either a double din or a single i wanted to kno how i can secure it so i dont get jacked like i already did....
b0r1cha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 10th, 2007, 02:55 PM   #5
what's cracking?

another way is just to get some black plexiglass and use it to cover up the double din. something like this, [/QUOTE]
vietmandomy52 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 10th, 2007, 04:27 PM   #6
Black n Bronze

^^that can just looks like a big screen to jack.. haha
coolbeans is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 10th, 2007, 05:02 PM   #7
A n g u s D e i

Send a message via AIM to itchthys
^LOL +1

I actually have a double din Single cd player OEM player that doesn't play CDs.. so I might try what vietninja said above.
itchthys is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 10th, 2007, 07:26 PM   #8
7th Gen ACcord

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietmandomy52
another way is just to get some black plexiglass and use it to cover up the double din. something like this,
[/QUOTE]
ohhhhhh 701 processor.. sorry to go offtopic, but why do you need the 701 controller? you got a alpine headunit too right?
xjdMb16a2six is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 10th, 2007, 10:48 PM   #9

I created a thread in acurazine too but I did not get any good feedback. Hopefully, you guys put a diy or something. I want a double din too.
neodragon0l is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 11th, 2007, 05:01 PM   #10
4.0L

If it's just a screen like for a carputer setup...mold the screen in and make it look as OEM as possible. If it looks OEM...people won't bother trying to steal it. If they can tell it's just a double din deck...they know they can easily take it out.
VietNinjaJ30A1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 14th, 2007, 10:36 AM   #11
what's cracking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjdMb16a2six
ohhhhhh 701 processor.. sorry to go offtopic, but why do you need the 701 controller? you got a alpine headunit too right?
its not mine but not all alpine hu can control the h701. the only hu that can control the h701 is the 986/9861/9965. the dvd playres can also control the h701. if you don't have any of those hu's then you must have the controller to control the h701.
vietmandomy52 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in