How do you wire a AVIC-D3 to the stock HU? - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > GENERAL AUTO DISCUSSION > AUDIO - VIDEO - ELECTRONICS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 14th, 2007, 07:22 PM   #1

How do you wire a AVIC-D3 to the stock HU?

So apparantly part # 08B06-SDA-100 is a double-din plate to replace the cubby on 7th gen Accords. If that's true how could I wire in the http://www.crutchfield.com/S-hzu7e8i...50&I=130AVICD3 so that the stock headunit is still here and steering wheel controls work?

Also, what does the iPod interface on the D3 look like?
04V6Driver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 14th, 2007, 09:15 PM   #2
4 door Coupe

i used soundgate, but i dont have ipod/navi. i only use my unit for dvd, and stock HU for cd's. you plug the rca's (aux out) from the pioneer into the soundgate for sound, and you'll have to tap into a power source, ground, and ign/acc to power the pioneer.

Last edited by terez; May 14th, 2007 at 09:20 PM..
terez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 22nd, 2007, 08:25 AM   #3

The d3 will fit down there, you will have to play around with the placement of the brackets on the d3 to make it fit right. As for the harness to use, the one I used was the Metra 70-1721T, it's a T-harness which give 12v, ign, ground and illumination to the factory radio. This will allow your factory radio to be lit as well as a good cd/dvd holder. I have the factory 6 disk in dash changer, which holds my cds/dvds.

The ipod interface looks just like an ipod scroll wheel. look on avic411.com lots of people have posted pics of the interface, it's much better than any other pioneer interface, plus the cable is only 30-35 dollars. only thing i don't like about the d3 is that the left/right arrows only scrolls to next channel for radio/satellite. i would prefer 2 extra buttons to let them scroll your presets. the preset scrolls is on the touch screen.

This is the steering wheel adapter to use with the d3 and the accord. Read the instructions carefully and do everything it tells you to. I installed mine and didn't fully read the instructions and took me longer than it was suppose to.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ybEdT56...asp?i=127SWIPS
vicn77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 22nd, 2007, 11:13 PM   #4
Damn You All !!!

Send a message via AIM to VTEC4ME
do you have any pics of your setup
VTEC4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 23rd, 2007, 08:11 AM   #5

i don't i'll try to take some pictures tonight or tomorrow and post them.
vicn77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in