Oem Deck wiring - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > GENERAL AUTO DISCUSSION > AUDIO - VIDEO - ELECTRONICS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 22nd, 2007, 04:01 PM   #1
spn

Oem Deck wiring

Does anybody know how to wire a system to an oem deck for a 2001 Accord that has the 6cd changer? I'm planning to just add a sub/amp/capacitor.
spn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 22nd, 2007, 04:05 PM   #2
Blends No. 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by spn View Post
Does anybody know how to wire a system to an oem deck for a 2001 Accord that has the 6cd changer? I'm planning to just add a sub/amp/capacitor.
It's just like any other stock HU integration. Use an external device like a LOC (high low convertor), or an amp's high level input to get signal.
Vestax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 28th, 2007, 12:06 AM   #3
spn

So after Vestax told me about the LOC I found this
http://www.wikihow.com/Wire-My-Amp-t...-and-Head-Unit

Can anybody clarify part 6?

Also, just to be sure, to install the LOC I open both my doors(coupe) and wire both speakers into the LOC then connect the rca cables to the LOC and amp, then what?

Old August 28th, 2007, 11:34 AM   #4
Blends No. 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by spn View Post
So after Vestax told me about the LOC I found this
http://www.wikihow.com/Wire-My-Amp-t...-and-Head-Unit

Can anybody clarify part 6?

Also, just to be sure, to install the LOC I open both my doors(coupe) and wire both speakers into the LOC then connect the rca cables to the LOC and amp, then what?
The wikihow is kinda whack, don't use that as reference. I found a lot things wrong with it.

The remote turn on lead is like a light switch, allowing the amp to turn on and off. Without this, the amp would remain on all the time. Most aftermarket headunits will have this wire built in, (blue/white wire) shows voltage when you turn the HU on. Unfortunately, the stock head unit won't have this. Instead, you'll want to tap into the accessory/ignition wire that turns on your stock head unit. This is normally yellow/red, white/red, or red/yellow on a lot of Hondas. You'll need a DMM to make sure you have this wire correct. You can also grab this wire from the fuse box area or ignition column. If you go to Kragens, Pep Boys, or Autozone, sometimes they'll carry a fuse jumper allowing you to tap into an existing fuse (ie cig lighter fuse) on your car. You have to make sure though, that you tap on to the right side, or else a short will never blow a fuse, thus causing a fire. Of course, you can always do a switch, but that's more cumbersome to do.

To get music signal to your amp, you'll need outputs. Normally, an aftermarket HU will have a low level low noise signal coming from the preamp outputs (where you can plug in your RCA's.) A stock HU won't have this. Instead you'll take the speaker leads (which is already amplified) and convert it to low level, so the amp can use this as input. You don't have to grab this high level signal from inside the doors. You can grab it all at the HU.

You can also tap the LOC from your rear speakers which can be accessed through the trunk. This is often a good way to do it, that way, you can fade the sound for the sub and the front speakers. The only caveat is that if your rear speakers are more efficient, it'll be louder when you turn up the sub. Just adjust your gains accordingly.

After you have your RCA's and remote turn on lead, all you need is a fused power source from the battery, ground your amp to the car's chassis, then run speaker wires to the subs.

Last edited by Vestax; August 28th, 2007 at 11:36 AM..
Vestax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 7th, 2007, 06:11 PM   #5
spn

http://www.the12volt.com/installbay/....asp~TID~47731

I found the wire coding on that website above, so I'm planning to connect the LOC behind the head unit to splice it to the front speakers. Now my question is, where is the ignition wire that turns on the head unit? There's a website saying that the 12volt constant ignition wire is white but on the harness thing that connects to the head unit there's two white wires, one with a red stripe and one with a green stripe, both on opposite ends. And from the instructions from the LOC I'll be directly connecting it to the speaker wires that go into the head unit.

Last edited by spn; September 8th, 2007 at 02:08 AM.. Reason: problem solved and a new one presented
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in