Best receiver for my Accord - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > GENERAL AUTO DISCUSSION > AUDIO - VIDEO - ELECTRONICS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 27th, 2007, 12:56 PM   #1

Send a message via MSN to bernardo Send a message via Yahoo to bernardo
Best receiver for my Accord

Guys what do you think should be the best receiver for my accord.

Im primary looking for Sound Quality...

my Option is the Alpine IVA-W205

What do you think? is it a cheaper option with best sound quality in Alpine?
bernardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 27th, 2007, 03:52 PM   #2

im getting the DPX-302 in a couple of months...has everything i need, bluetooth, aux adapter, double-din size.
SLrocket is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 27th, 2007, 11:45 PM   #3

Send a message via AIM to Champaned_out
whats your price range? that'll help narrow down your choices
Champaned_out is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 28th, 2007, 01:07 PM   #4

1,000 DLS

thats why my first option was the IVA-w205, because its an Alpine, its double Din, and its supposed to sound great.

but someone told me, that cheaper alpines sounds better, like the CDA-9887

but is it a big difference?
Old August 28th, 2007, 09:38 PM   #5

already got speakers? im getting polk components up front and db690 6x9s in the back. still need to find a 4 channel amp under 200 bucks though. a good one
Old August 28th, 2007, 09:55 PM   #6
what's cracking?

honestly, there isn't that much difference in "sound" between HUs. you have to a golden ear to hear a difference. first and foremost, what features and options are you looking for in an HU? are things like bluetooth, navi, ipod, mp3 capable important to you?
vietmandomy52 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 28th, 2007, 10:51 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLrocket View Post
already got speakers? im getting polk components up front and db690 6x9s in the back. still need to find a 4 channel amp under 200 bucks though. a good one
i have those ones, and i really love them
Polk db 6500 in the front
Polk db 690 in the back

NOTE: the back ones, do not fit, so you have to make them a base and also cut a bit of the speaker cover, if you need pictures just let me know to [email protected]

for the amp, i have a pioneer, but i want the Alpine PDX-4.100 i saw it in 253 DLS on amazon.com
Old August 28th, 2007, 10:57 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietmandomy52 View Post
honestly, there isn't that much difference in "sound" between HUs. you have to a golden ear to hear a difference. first and foremost, what features and options are you looking for in an HU? are things like bluetooth, navi, ipod, mp3 capable important to you?

Actually navi (we dont have good maps in mexico)
Mp3, i already have an ipod and the alpine ipod cable
usb and bluetooth are not important for me...

i just want a quality sound, and if its not a big difference between the IVA-W205, and the CDA-9887, i would rather go for the IVA, looks nicer..

but sometimes there are old models that sounds better than new ones, thats why im asking, and the CDA-9887 have "imprint" and "MX" are these really good?.

thanks a lot for the info it was really helpful
Old August 28th, 2007, 11:06 PM   #9
what's cracking?

problem is, the imprint is software you have to purchase externally. the 9887 is imprint ready. the software retails for $200.

but isn't the difference the w205 and 9887 like 3-400? i'm just trying to help you save some money bro thats all . again honestly you probably won't hear much of a difference. its called psycho acoustics. do a double blind test, it'll be very very difficult to tell a difference. you have to use the "audiophile" headunits such the clarion drz9255, denon HU, nakamichi, mcintosh and the like.
Old August 29th, 2007, 02:14 AM   #10

Send a message via AIM to Champaned_out
Quote:
Originally Posted by vietmandomy52 View Post
sorry but thats false... you dont need a golden ear to hear the difference bewteen a $100 HU and a $500 HU or even a $300 HU
if you truly know how to use a high sq hu to its fullest advantage youd be amazed at what a difference in sound you can hear
the head unit is probably the most important thing to look at when your aiming for SQ

and for the OP if your looking for SQ as your main concern, id hate to tell you this but double-din touch screen or flipout tv's arent the best in producing sound quality
look into Kenwood/pioneer/eclispe/alpine's high end single decks
Champaned_out is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 29th, 2007, 09:46 AM   #11
what's cracking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champaned_out View Post
sorry but thats false... you dont need a golden ear to hear the difference bewteen a $100 HU and a $500 HU or even a $300 HU
if you truly know how to use a high sq hu to its fullest advantage youd be amazed at what a difference in sound you can hear
the head unit is probably the most important thing to look at when your aiming for SQ

and for the OP if your looking for SQ as your main concern, id hate to tell you this but double-din touch screen or flipout tv's arent the best in producing sound quality
sorry i disagree here, the HU is important but the HU itself doesn't produce "sq", the most important quality in producing SQ is product selection, speaker placement and tuning. Those 3 right there covers probably 90% of "sq." i could not live without my w200/h701 combo but to me the w200 didn't sound any different than my eclipse 8455. if you look at HUs right now, as you go up the price ladder , the more the features an HU has, not sq. thats pretty much it. please tell me, on what basis does an HU produce SQ? Pixie dust? the DAC's on HU nowadays are so good does it really matter?

But I'll retract saying you shouldn't buy a POS HU, buy an hu with solid preouts (2v or more) and then start looking at features you want. that would be my advice to you.

Last edited by vietmandomy52; August 29th, 2007 at 11:41 AM..
Old August 29th, 2007, 11:11 AM   #12
Blends No. 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champaned_out View Post

Can you explain what "high SQ to its fullest advantage" means?
Vestax is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 29th, 2007, 11:26 AM   #13
Blends No. 27

If you can counter all the vehicle environment anomalies with installation, there’s no point in grabbing a unit with “high sq” and lose out the features you want. Processors are like bandaids to the install illiterates: if you feel can’t compensate for bias staging, peaky resonate door mids, or level matching etc., then you can tell yourself to grab a deck with plenty of processing. Comparing the W205 and 9887 is like apples and oranges, one’s a multimedia station, the other is a diluted version of a bass engine pro deck 3 years ago. But if I could grab a W205 to mate it with H701, then I would have a screen, and a kick ass processor with the possibility to carry the BB2 navigation. I already eliminated the resentment of buying something I didn’t need the first time. Again, the OP hasn’t determine what he needs for an SQ system.
Old August 30th, 2007, 03:52 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardo View Post
i have those ones, and i really love them
Polk db 6500 in the front
Polk db 690 in the back

NOTE: the back ones, do not fit, so you have to make them a base and also cut a bit of the speaker cover, if you need pictures just let me know to [email protected]

for the amp, i have a pioneer, but i want the Alpine PDX-4.100 i saw it in 253 DLS on amazon.com
since the time of posting i decided im going to put the db6500s in both the back and front...mounting the tweeters inthe pillars in front of the rear seats to set the sound stage. i sat in my friends is250 and it sounded amazing! im also putting an infinity powered sub in the back now. sending all bass to that and midbass to the components.
Old August 31st, 2007, 12:16 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLrocket View Post
since the time of posting i decided im going to put the db6500s in both the back and front...mounting the tweeters inthe pillars in front of the rear seats to set the sound stage. i sat in my friends is250 and it sounded amazing! im also putting an infinity powered sub in the back now. sending all bass to that and midbass to the components.

actually im also getting the Polk Audio DB212-2 Subwoofer enclosure, you should check it..

what car do you have?
Old August 31st, 2007, 12:35 PM   #16

Guys i think im gettin the 9887, its cheaper and supously better on SQ.

some people says that "there is not a big difference", some ones says that "It is a big difference".

but all here agree that the CDA-9887 is better in SQ, and its also a lot cheaper.

As the features, i dont need, bluetooth, navi and the DVD its nice but not really a need , just need the ipod conection and the SQ, becouse thats what i really enjoy.

and with the extra money i would buy the PDX-4.100 for my polk audio´s

What do you think???

The imprint module i would propably buy it for Xmas
Old August 31st, 2007, 01:00 PM   #17
Blends No. 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardo View Post
Guys i think im gettin the 9887, its cheaper and supously better on SQ.

some people says that "there is not a big difference", some ones says that "It is a big difference".

but all here agree that the CDA-9887 is better in SQ, and its also a lot cheaper.

As the features, i dont need, bluetooth, navi and the DVD its nice but not really a need , just need the ipod conection and the SQ, becouse thats what i really enjoy.

and with the extra money i would buy the PDX-4.100 for my polk audio´s

What do you think???

The imprint module i would propably buy it for Xmas
Well since you don't need navi or dvd, then that would make sense. The 9887 has far better tuning and processing capabilities than a W205 alone. The W205 only has the basics with a fixed crossover and a 2 band parametric whereas the 9887 has 5-6 band selectable Q parametric, 3 way (2 way active then with subwoofer) crossover with level matching, and independent time alignment on each preout.

Unless of course, you add the H701 processor to the W205, which will trounce both the 9887 and possibly the add on Imprint together.

Last edited by Vestax; August 31st, 2007 at 01:10 PM..
Old August 31st, 2007, 02:15 PM   #18
what's cracking?

oh here's a suggestion no one has said, why don't you go to a shop and try to hear the differences between the two? instead of listening to some person telling you there's better "sq."
Old September 2nd, 2007, 11:18 PM   #19

yes ive tried, but no shop have any of those models in exhibition, and the people at the shops dont really know about audio, they are just sellers, and appart from the register they dont know anything

theres one place, where i could compare the IVA-D105, wich aparently is almost identical to the IVA-W205. and i compare them to de IDA-X001 wich some says its similar to the CDA-9887.

and i do feel a difference..

but i dont have a golden ear, and the stand is nothing compared to the inside of your car..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in