New system quote - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > GENERAL AUTO DISCUSSION > AUDIO - VIDEO - ELECTRONICS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 4th, 2007, 10:28 AM   #1

New system quote

I want to upgrade my system but keep the factory deck. I want something clean and simple with loud clear sound and decent bass. For now, I don't think I want to add a sub. I already have an Alpine MRV-F307 four channel amp that will power the door and rear deck speakers. Here is a list of what I may add

Memphis M-class coaxial 6.5
Memphis M-class coaxial 6x9
AudioControl LC6 or Matrix
Usa-Spec Ipod interface

My local audio shop quoted me $740 to install everything including new speaker and amp wires. Plus everything is warranteed for 2 years. I priced everything online and came up with $572 without shipping. Does this sound like a fair price?
milhouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 4th, 2007, 04:35 PM   #2
St. Louis!

DIY, it's so simple. That's not a bad price though, assuming your correct on the $572 before shipping.
Kingof3rdinput is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 7th, 2007, 09:40 AM   #3
EliteCM.net

Send a message via AIM to sy272004 Send a message via Yahoo to sy272004
shop around online too some places can offer free shipping on that kinda order (i think crutchfield offers free shipping but dont know if they have once you looking for)

never installed amp myself but seen friend do it and it doesnt look hard. i asume that 572 is price for all stuff you need so you would save $170.
1st you can save money,
2nd you can do it yourself and be proud that you did it,
3rd you would know it was done good and they didnt brake anything while getting all plastic palens out to hide wires and
4th you can spend saved money on other stuff
sy272004 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old September 7th, 2007, 12:17 PM   #4

I decided I am going to have everything installed at the shop. I feel more comfortable with a professional doing the work than myself for the first time. Also I have gotten work done there before and it all turned out perfect. They even allow you in the garage during the installation to keep an eye on the whole install.
milhouse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 7th, 2007, 12:21 PM   #5
EliteCM.net

Send a message via AIM to sy272004 Send a message via Yahoo to sy272004
Quote:
Originally Posted by milhouse View Post
I decided I am going to have everything installed at the shop. I feel more comfortable with a professional doing the work than myself for the first time. Also I have gotten work done there before and it all turned out perfect. They even allow you in the garage during the installation to keep an eye on the whole install.
thats cool. that way you can learn how to do it
sy272004 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 13th, 2007, 11:11 AM   #6
My AV6 is all gone...

Send a message via AIM to 6spdcoupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by milhouse View Post
Good choice. Keep sup[porting the B&Ms and keep your piece of mind knowing you have a warranty and an actual person to see if a problem arises.

'05 G35 Premium/Aero/Sport...
6spdcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in