Just finished my system and still left with trunk space *Big pics - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > GENERAL AUTO DISCUSSION > AUDIO - VIDEO - ELECTRONICS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 9th, 2007, 09:51 PM   #1
spn

Just finished my system and still left with trunk space *Big pics

I just finished my system last night after figuring how where I could put my remote wire with the method of guess and check, first I tried using a DMM or volt meter but I don't think I was using it with the right wires.

The overall setup took me about 10 hours:
2 hours to run the wires through the car and hook it up to the battery/ground
5 hours to make my enclosure because I had to make a practice box before I work on the real one. Plus I did it all with a jig saw.
2 hours to sit down concentrate and learn a little bit more bout subs, amps, decks, LOC's and hooking the LOC up behind the headunit.
1 hour for misc. stuff.

The setup is:
15" Eclipse Titanium SW9152
Alpine MRD-1005 1000watts running at 14v
4 awg Stinger wires
Rockford RCA's
about 2cu ft sealed enclosure
OEM head unit
Pac LOC

I was surprised that my lights don't dim at all.

My original plan was to make a 4.5cu ft ported enclosure but I got too lazy to borrow some tools to make it and I also wanted to be able to access my spare tire along with some trunk space. I'm actually pleased with the sealed box. Even though it wasn't going to be as loud and deep as a ported box, it hits notes more accurately and it still gets extremely loud and deep enough for my ears and neighborhood.(you could see the windows on my house shake when I turn up the volume to half way, I usually listen to it about 1/4}

Thanks Vestax for answering my question about the LOC.

Here are some pictures of the install. I still need to carpet the box and the piece that the amp is stuck on.

spn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 9th, 2007, 10:00 PM   #2
spn

Overall it cost me about $500. $200 for the amp and $200 for the sub. $100 for the rest of the stuff. I got all my wires and LOC for free.
Old September 9th, 2007, 10:04 PM   #3
DV8
Hella Functional

Send a message via ICQ to DV8 Send a message via AIM to DV8 Send a message via MSN to DV8
wow your trunk is really really dirty...

Woolite + water will fix that right up.

You going to build a dummie panel to seal in the box so it's flush within the trunk?
DV8 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old September 9th, 2007, 10:14 PM   #4
spn

I want to but I have no more wood and I only have a jig saw so the pieces I cut aren't straight. I'll be sure to try out some woolite, I've been meaning to clean that up since I bought the car a month ago.
Old September 9th, 2007, 10:25 PM   #5
DV8
Hella Functional

Send a message via ICQ to DV8 Send a message via AIM to DV8 Send a message via MSN to DV8
The panel is pretty easy to build. Wrap it with leather, and just make it snug, and it'll make your system look 10X better. You Porbably dont' even have to carpet the box anymore, if you can just build a panel, with a cutout for the sub.
Old September 9th, 2007, 10:31 PM   #6
spn

yea I'll try when I got some spare change to spend on wood, I gotta buy some books for political science. 3 books = $300. I'm satisfied for now, since nobody ever looks into my trunk.
Old September 9th, 2007, 10:34 PM   #7
DV8
Hella Functional

Quote:
Originally Posted by spn View Post
yea I'll try when I got some spare change to spend on wood, I gotta buy some books for political science. 3 books = $300. I'm satisfied for now, since nobody ever looks into my trunk.
LoL, only 3 books? When I was takign PSCI, i had at least 5 books per class....

Buy the books @ the bookstore, then order them off amazon for cheaper. Return ur books from the bookstore, and save yourself some $$$
Old September 9th, 2007, 10:48 PM   #8
spn

I'm only in high school so all I got is poli sci, lucky me. They changed editions so I couldn't buy used books b/c all the books are new and one of them is still in the making.
Old September 9th, 2007, 11:05 PM   #9
spn

I'm planning to connect a white 12" cathode tube in my trunk, is it just plug and play? like I can just tap into the trunk's original light bulb right? I've read some other post but it isn't real clear.
Old September 10th, 2007, 09:09 AM   #10
DV8
Hella Functional

make sure you use the power converter that came with your cathode. I think they're originally meant to be used with computers, at a different power voltage.
Old September 13th, 2007, 08:29 AM   #11
get'cha roll on...

Send a message via AIM to v6SicksSpeed
i've got that same v12 amp - it's f'n a beast...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
v6SicksSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 13th, 2007, 08:55 AM   #12
-Brian

Send a message via AIM to NexsoN
Why'd you put the LOC wired in the dash? Should have just tapped it off the rear speaker, would have saved ALOT of work, you wouldn't have to open all that up and run rca's all the way through your car and back to the amp.
NexsoN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 30th, 2007, 03:41 PM   #13
spn

I opened it all up because I was trying to find a place to splice the remote wire to and I spliced it into the wire that connects to the power button of the head unit,so while I was at it I decided I liked it better when the LOC was connected to the front speakers.
Old October 15th, 2007, 12:12 AM   #14

Send a message via AIM to Champaned_out
15" Eclipse Titanium SW9152
nice choice of sub
Champaned_out is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 15th, 2007, 03:31 AM   #15
PSI Tuning /////

i got two of those but in 12's sealed box powered by an orion 2500 amp and that thing poundsssssssssss!!!!!!
xxvietside is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in