My review of the alpine CDA-9887 - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > GENERAL AUTO DISCUSSION > AUDIO - VIDEO - ELECTRONICS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 20th, 2007, 09:49 AM   #1

My review of the alpine CDA-9887

I just got this deck yesterday and it is the best deck I have owned to date, with my CDA-7998 (phantom face) shortly following behind. If anyone is looking for a new deck I highly suggst checking it out. One of the main features I was looking for was good iPod support. This thing uses alpine's full speed iPod cable. This thing will scroll through all of your songs and artists just as fast as you could if you were holding the iPod in your hand. The adapter only goes for about 20 dollars and there is no additional wires or adapters to use. Not only that it will keep it charged. I had a pioneer PRS880 which also did the same but it had a box you had to install power to and when you scroll through the songs it is HORRIBLY slow. If you have ALOT of songs like me (60+) gigs, this becomes a big pain. All of the menus on the newer models are alot easier to navigate and understand than the old alpines if you dont really know what you are looking at. It comes with a 7 band EQ and their Imprint thing which compensates for the acoustics of the car which seems to work pretty will, not a definitive need but its nice. The deck also comes HD radio ready, bluetooth ready, and XM/Sirius ready. It also has 4v pre outs. I have it controlling a Blankpaut (sp?) 400x2 amp which drives two boston acoustic 6.5 componants, and a massive audio 1500 watt amp driving a single 15 inch ID custom sub. I have gone through about 6 head units and this is by far the best one I have had, and all the ones I've had have been high end. It sounds pretty good right out of the box with no tuning but a little doesnt hurt. The face is also very sleek and clean and doesnt have that lame glide bar that alpine had on last years models. There is also 6 differnt combinations of colors you can change the back lighting to. You can pick one of these up on ebay or online id you look around for a little over 300 dollars. By far this is the best bang for the buck you can get right now.

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/prod...model=CDA-9887
PWNDLOL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in