Upgrade Sound System - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > GENERAL AUTO DISCUSSION > AUDIO - VIDEO - ELECTRONICS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 6th, 2007, 04:37 PM   #1
Call me Rooster Cogburn

Upgrade Sound System

Hey all, I have a 2007 AV6 Sedan w/ Navi, and I'd like to upgrade the speakers. However, I can't upgrade the head unit because I don't want to lose the functionality of the Navigation system (plus, I think the CD head unit in the little cubby hole looks a little ghetto).

Does anyone have any recommendations for some speakers/components with a little crisper sound with the stock head unit?
San-LC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 6th, 2007, 05:19 PM   #2
- Leo

Upgrade to some Infiniti Kappa's. You will need to get and run them off and amp though but its worth it, you will love the upgrade
03_AV6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 9th, 2007, 03:41 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by San-LC View Post
Hey all, I have a 2007 AV6 Sedan w/ Navi, and I'd like to upgrade the speakers. However, I can't upgrade the head unit because I don't want to lose the functionality of the Navigation system (plus, I think the CD head unit in the little cubby hole looks a little ghetto).

Does anyone have any recommendations for some speakers/components with a little crisper sound with the stock head unit?
I think you should post your budget. Most aftermarket speakers will be much better than our stock speakers, even a pair of cheap alpine type S speakers would be better...there are too many types to list, give us your budget.
$ilverbullet is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old October 14th, 2007, 03:08 PM   #4
Call me Rooster Cogburn

Well, I would figure no more than about $300-$500.
Old October 14th, 2007, 03:13 PM   #5

300-500 aint much..... My componets ran me close to 300 and thats not even including an amp or the deck 6x9s. To get something to sound great.... wait until your budget is at least 1000-1500. you should be able to get a nice amp and maybe an AlumaPro BP10 for your base.

Good Luck

Last edited by ASAGA1; October 14th, 2007 at 03:20 PM..
ASAGA1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 15th, 2007, 09:12 AM   #6
Call me Rooster Cogburn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAGA1 View Post
300-500 aint much..... My componets ran me close to 300 and thats not even including an amp or the deck 6x9s. To get something to sound great.... wait until your budget is at least 1000-1500. you should be able to get a nice amp and maybe an AlumaPro BP10 for your base.

Good Luck
I'm not looking for competition-worthy sound. Hell, I can't do it on a 120-watt Navigation system. All I want is something that sounds better than what I have now for a reasonable price, meaning good s/q for good price.
Old October 15th, 2007, 09:21 AM   #7

just up grade ur speakers..get some alpines or pioneers..6.5 in the front and 6x9 in the rear..if u want some crisp sound get 3 ways for the front..
V6MT26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 15th, 2007, 12:50 PM   #8
wearYELLOW :: liveSTRONG

Boston Acoustics. The highs are so crisp and clean.
The Sync is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 15th, 2007, 01:29 PM   #9
V6P addict

People out here might recommend anything from Sonys to Diamonds. However, I'd recommend spending a day in the enclosed room at your local car audio shop to figure what speaker would really bring out the highs and lows in your favorite genre of music. My personal recommendation for a low budget would be Polks.
gforce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 19th, 2007, 11:33 PM   #10
7th Gen ACcord

like someone said, just upgrade your speakers. cant really do much with that budget.
xjdMb16a2six is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 20th, 2007, 02:42 AM   #11
what's cracking?

actually you can get pretty good components for that type of budget. Don't run rears, it kills the sound stage. If you have passengers, who cares about them. Just buy a nice of front components. I'd highly recommend the Rainbow SLC (~$250) and or the Pioneer 720prs (~$250) then you can easily get an amp with the rest of your budget. I also would recommend buying some sound deadener to deaden your doors, it'll make a HUGE difference in the midbass compartment.
vietmandomy52 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 20th, 2007, 10:42 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by vietmandomy52 View Post
Don't run rears, it kills the sound stage. If you have passengers, who cares about them.
Not true if he cuts the highs in the rear the sound stage will be fine if not better..mids and lows from the 6x9 will give nice bass that a 12 inch sub wont or shouldnt be producing..oo n i would hate to be ur passenger .
Old October 20th, 2007, 02:55 PM   #13
what's cracking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6MT26 View Post
Not true if he cuts the highs in the rear the sound stage will be fine if not better..mids and lows from the 6x9 will give nice bass that a 12 inch sub wont or shouldnt be producing..oo n i would hate to be ur passenger .
your statement isn't true as well. Anything above 250hz is generally directional, meaning you can easily tell between Left and Right. If the rears are mainly playing just midbass, you *might* get away with it but even frequencies below 250hz are somewhat directional. It'll really kill the sound stage. You notice, many competitors run only a "front stage" meaning only front components. The whole idea is to recreate the actual recording being in front of you, not behind you.

but some people like rears and i have no problem people using rears, its just not recommended for a great sound stage .

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6MT26 View Post
..oo n i would hate to be ur passenger .
trust me, you can definitely hear everything from the back when you are in my car. if you can't, do i care? nope .
vietmandomy52 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 20th, 2007, 05:13 PM   #14
7th Gen ACcord

Quote:
actually you can get pretty good components for that type of budget. Don't run rears, it kills the sound stage. If you have passengers, who cares about them. Just buy a nice of front components. I'd highly recommend the Rainbow SLC (~$250) and or the Pioneer 720prs (~$250) then you can easily get an amp with the rest of your budget. I also would recommend buying some sound deadener to deaden your doors, it'll make a HUGE difference in the midbass compartment.
ahh yesh. if he goes with a front stage route, then that budget will do. i second on sound deadening the doors. i did mine with two layer of rammat and a layer of ensolite. the difference with the midbass is like night and day.
xjdMb16a2six is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 22nd, 2007, 07:11 PM   #15
EliteCM.net

Send a message via AIM to sy272004 Send a message via Yahoo to sy272004
Quote:
Originally Posted by San-LC View Post
I'm not looking for competition-worthy sound. Hell, I can't do it on a 120-watt Navigation system. All I want is something that sounds better than what I have now for a reasonable price, meaning good s/q for good price.
just do speakers( i have infinity kappa's but no amp or anything) they cost me $120 for all 4 speakers (front and back) couse i got from members on here. and amp should run you like $100-200 for infinity 4 chanell amp. check your local craigs list and you might get some good deal on speakers and amp. i think you should be fine with $500 budget. if you not getting infinity kappas then get speakers that have cross overs so they would separate highs and lows. just make sure if you getting infinity kappa or any other speakers to get same OHM raiting ether 4ohm or 2 ohm for all speakers

side note. you might have to get spacers for front and back speakers couse openings in front are very small and back there is trunk struts that can touch speakers
sy272004 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 22nd, 2007, 08:56 PM   #16

Quote:
your statement isn't true as well. Anything above 250hz is generally directional, meaning you can easily tell between Left and Right. If the rears are mainly playing just midbass, you *might* get away with it but even frequencies below 250hz are somewhat directional. It'll really kill the sound stage. You notice, many competitors run only a "front stage" meaning only front components. The whole idea is to recreate the actual recording being in front of you, not behind you.

but some people like rears and i have no problem people using rears, its just not recommended for a great sound stage .

trust me, you can definitely hear everything from the back when you are in my car. if you can't, do i care? nope .
lol its a good thing i set my low pass at 100hz for my rears..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in