rear 6x9 blown out 7th gen coupe 2dr - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > GENERAL DISCUSSION > GENERAL AUTO DISCUSSION > AUDIO - VIDEO - ELECTRONICS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old October 12th, 2007, 04:24 PM   #1

Send a message via AIM to sLoPoKe7thGen
rear 6x9 blown out 7th gen coupe 2dr

Was wondering how hard or easy it is to replace the left rear speaker. How do I get to it? Anyone recommend an inexpensive yet good pair of 6x9's?
sLoPoKe7thGen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 12th, 2007, 04:45 PM   #2
Your V6P Snake Champion

All you have to do is pop off that speaker cover and unscrew it from the rear deck. Some really good speakers for a good price is JL TR690-TXi 3-Way Speakers I think I picked them up for a hundred http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_c...hp?comp_id=128
oswhiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 13th, 2007, 06:14 AM   #3
EliteCM.net

Send a message via AIM to sy272004 Send a message via Yahoo to sy272004
i got infinity kappa 3 ways, but for those you would need spacers so it doesnt touch trunk tortion bars, mine touch but i dont care. and you would have to trim speaker covers probably. i did, got them $60 shipped from 2drcoupe(one of admins) on here
somebody selling another pair on here, check for sale section.
sy272004 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old October 14th, 2007, 02:57 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by oswhiteboy View Post
All you have to do is pop off that speaker cover and unscrew it from the rear deck. Some really good speakers for a good price is JL TR690-TXi 3-Way Speakers I think I picked them up for a hundred http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_c...hp?comp_id=128
thanks a lot for the feedback, I just spoke to one of the local audio guys and they were going to charge me 60 for installation.

hmm. I just took a look at them with the cover popped and the one working 6x9 moves up and down A LOT even when the stereo volume is at 15! is that normal? or does that mean it's really old?

Also, about the link you gave me, are they a lot better then stock? I can tell some of my bass is gone from the speaker being out. Thanks for the feedback you guys.

Last edited by sLoPoKe7thGen; October 14th, 2007 at 03:08 PM..
Old October 14th, 2007, 03:10 PM   #5
EliteCM.net

i dont know about those. if you dont have sub i would go for speakers that have crossovers, because in my experience with 3 way speakers, bass kills high notes because there is no separation between low and high input to speakers. i got infinity kappa and they have crossovers and i can see difference specialy in songs that have high bass
Old October 14th, 2007, 03:20 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sy272004 View Post
i dont know about those. if you dont have sub i would go for speakers that have crossovers, because in my experience with 3 way speakers, bass kills high notes because there is no separation between low and high input to speakers. i got infinity kappa and they have crossovers and i can see difference specialy in songs that have high bass

I use to have a 01 accord, and I bought infinity kappas for those and they were SWEET. You just reminded my, I have those in my garage somewhere. But it's a mess in there, so it's going to be very hard to find them. Why didn't I think of this earlier!!! I have very nice door speakers as well to go with them. But I have a feeling those are going to be hard to install.

So you think those 3-way speakers are going to have too much bass?
Old October 14th, 2007, 05:27 PM   #7
EliteCM.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by sLoPoKe7thGen View Post
I use to have a 01 accord, and I bought infinity kappas for those and they were SWEET. You just reminded my, I have those in my garage somewhere. But it's a mess in there, so it's going to be very hard to find them. Why didn't I think of this earlier!!! I have very nice door speakers as well to go with them. But I have a feeling those are going to be hard to install.

So you think those 3-way speakers are going to have too much bass?
mine do. they sounds pretty damn good with bass. now i just have to find whats ratteling. i just put them in back but front, in order to install i need ether spacers or cut metal(im gona try spacers).
i got pigtails for stock connectors from circuit city so i dont have to cut oem wires.
and get off your ass and clean up your garage lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in