TW: '98 AV6 Sedan w/ some mods... - Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums
Ribbon Banner

Go Back   Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums > V6P MARKETPLACE > CLASSIFIEDS > CARS FOR SALE
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Insurance
V6Performance.net is the premier Honda Accord Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 20th, 2007, 05:02 PM   #1
work in progress

Send a message via AIM to whtonblkv6
TW: '98 AV6 Sedan w/ some mods...

Hey all, I'm kind of testing the waters, to see if anyone wants to trade or would like to buy the car.

It's a 1998 Honda Accord EX-L V6. The car has every factory option including sunroof and leather. It's white with tan interior. Interior is in good shape but needs to be shampooed. The carpets have stains in them from things that I don't know about since I'm the second owner. The seats on the other hand are in great shape, the only seat with any wear is the driver's seat and it has fine cracks in the right shoulder, that's all. The car has 93,xxx miles on it at this time, however the majority are highway miles. I used to drive home from college a lot (Tallahassee to Miami) and now I live across town in Miami from my school and friends, so I hop onto 826 for about 30 of the 35 mile trip. Either way it's still low miles for a 1998 model year.

The exterior is in good shape as well, I'd give it an 8/10. It does have the minor dings here and there and some small scratches as any car of this age would have. The paint is in good condition, I wax it as often as I can, and it still shines. The only thing wrong with the exterior is the drivers front fender. I came out of a club one night to find my fender was redesigned by someone's SUV. Luckily the damage is localized to the fender only and NO OTHER part of the car is damaged, it was a light impact. I've since popped the fender back out and drive it as such, because it's not horrible and I don't have any money to fix it. However, if you want I'll have it replaced before sale.

I've owned the car for a little over 2 years now. The car since my owning it has had nothing but Mobil 1 Fully Synthetic motor oil in it and Honda ATF transmission fluid. Oil changed religiously every 3,000 miles and transmission fluid replaced every 9,000 miles or third oil change. The car mechanically is perfect with absolutely zero issues. My family owns an automotive repair facility that specializes in Japanese cars. Every service is complete, the car is fully up to date and current on all maintenance.

Now for the mods...

EXTERIOR
• 5% Limo Tints
• 2001 Accord Coupe Front Bumper
• 2001 Accord Coupe Fog Lights
• DEPO LED Tail Lights
• Mushiuto Ballast
• E46 Retro HID Headlamps
• 4300k Phillips D2S Xenon Bulbs
• 3000k Luminics H11 Fog Light Bulbs

WHEELS/SUSPENSION
• 17" x 7.5" ADR Rims
• 225/45-17 Kuhmo Tires
• Tanabe Sustec Pro Full Adjustable Coilovers

INTERIOR
• Acura TL-Type S Perforated Black Leather Steering Wheel

ENGINE
• XSP Headers
• Injen Short Ram Intake
• Custom Magnaflow Exhaust

AUDIO
• Pioneer DEH-P3800MP Head Unit
• Pioneer TS-A6981R 4-Way 6"x9" 420 Watt Max (2)
• Pioneer TS-D161R 2-Way 6-1/2" 260 Watt Max (2)
• Kenwood KAC-7252 1000 Watt 2 Channel Amplifier
• MMATS Pro Audio P2.0 500 Watt 10" Subwoofer (2)
• Tsunami 1.2 Farad Capacitor

MISC
• Clifford G5 Intelliguard 750

I've put about $3800-$4000 into it in modifications alone. And the majority of these parts I was able to purchase at cost or near cost because of my connections. Point is, if you were to do it your own without connections and hook-ups it'd be closer to $4500-$5000.

My asking price is $9000 OBO for the car or a trade + cash. I'm not necessarily interested in any car imperticular so if you have something you want to trade, let me know and I'll consider it. If you want the car stock, I'll take everything off, price will be $7700 OBO.

One car I'm strongly interested in trading for is a 98-02 Accord coupe 4 cyl manual. It just makes more sense for me right now to have something a bit better on gas, a bit less on insurance and everything else. And, I just want a coupe.

Pictures of the car are available here; note: These pictures have the stock wheels, I have since changed them to the 17" ADR rims which I'll try to get pictures of ASAP. http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...ad.php?t=87155

Thanks for looking!

- Nick

PRICE REDUCED

Last edited by whtonblkv6; November 26th, 2007 at 05:49 PM.. Reason: Price reduction
whtonblkv6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 26th, 2007, 05:48 PM   #2
work in progress

Okay, after doing some market research, and due to the lack of responses here, I've realized my asking prices were high.

New pricing...

Car as is $8,300 OBO

Car stock $7,000 OBO
Old November 28th, 2007, 11:10 PM   #3
Accord Owner

If you wanna part those tails LMK

G'd luck with the sale
00accord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old November 28th, 2007, 11:17 PM   #4
work in progress

I was thinking about it...

What tails do you have, because I need a set of OEM.
Old November 29th, 2007, 08:54 AM   #5
THLA 2009 Bombsquad

Send a message via AIM to Dtownz Thrillah
i want those retros =]
Dtownz Thrillah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 29th, 2007, 11:47 PM   #6
work in progress

Seems like there is more interest in a part out...hmmmmm.

I'll do a bit of thinking but if I don't get any takers I'll let you two know, and you'll get first dibs on the tails and the headlights.
Old December 1st, 2007, 12:54 PM   #7

price is still a bit high for an almost ten year old car.. now is that 8300 firm? obo? nice car nonetheless
A-cord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 1st, 2007, 03:32 PM   #8
work in progress

Loosely firm lol. KBB value for excellent I believe is ~$7200 and good condition is ~$6700 so, based on the problem with the fender I'd be content with $7000 stock. But with everything I have on it, from the system, to the retros, to the coilovers and performance mods, I think an extra $1300 is justified. Hell the system alone cost me close to that.

If the car didn't have the hurt fender I'd be asking $7200+ because the car is nearly flawless mechanically and the quality of the interior is superb also. If the carpets are shampooed the interior is a 9/10. All the leather is in tip-top shape.

People don't believe me when I tell them the car has 91xxx on the clock.
Old December 3rd, 2007, 12:45 PM   #9

If you part out pm me about the coil overs and the fogs.
Quicksilvercord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Accord Forum : V6 Performance Accord Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Chapter
Choose your AV6 Chapter Location
Ride
What do you drive?
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in