Accord V6 Forum banner

ADI's-Part turbo part-out : (

2K views 30 replies 9 participants last post by  ADI 
#1 · (Edited)
as u guys kno mi car has been at the tuner for over a month now, alot of the back up was due to the shop being short handed and extremely busy.

another reason for the delay had to do with problems that came up with the engine.

Cam angle sensor code light which was caused by a vtc solenoid being clogged up that was replaced.

Another problem was with the oil pressure light coming on, when the car warmed up the tuner believes this has to do with the engine having high milage.

and the last problem we faced was with a code for the \"cam rod being stuck\" again he believes that this is due to the engine havin 100k+ on it.

long story short-
having the car at the shop for 6+ weeks and not having anything else to drive i ended up leasing a Land Rover LR3 at an employee lse price and im really loving this car all it needs is some RIMS..lol

towed mi car from the shop 2day and will b tearing everything down and turning back to stock and fixing the problems on the engine and probably give it 2 mi little brother as a graduation present. he dosent need a turbo car that will only get him into trouble.

will try to sell everything as a kit 1st- if no taker maybe i will part it out.
every part has no more then 50 miles on it if that, only used during the 4-5 dyno pulls while tuning the car and not driven at all was towed to the shop and towed back home.

everything needed to make the car work $4500.00 shipped (firm)
racing technology co equal lenght top mount turbo manifold
racing technology co 3\" inch downpipe
racing technology co 3\" inch mid pipe
racing technology co 2.5\" intercooler kit (all the piping and 24x3x12 intercooler core, and all coupler and worm clamps, and brackets)
hks SSQV blow off valve (new desing)
Garrett GT3076r turbo charger .63 ar
tial 38mm external wastegate (w/ 5 and 10 psi springs)
(4) 410cc rdx injectors w/clips
AEM fic engine management w/ bomslang plug and play harness
synapse missing link MAP sensor clamp
4\" aem air filter (for turbo)
full race vacum box
fast turbo oil feed and return line
oem oil pan tapped for the oil return

extra (make offers)
mr gasket sealed battery trunk relocation kit (brand new in box) new in box could open it if u need pics but this is the kit paid 85 plus sh 65 shipped

tsx intake manifold (less then 20 miles on it)pending sale

2 dual magnaflow 3\" staright tru turbo mufflers with 4\" tips (new in box never been opened) 100 each if both 2gether 190

turbo xs dual stage hi performance boost controller 160 shipped

its a manual boost controller with an electronic in cabin switch to switch from 2 preset boost level on the fly even under full boost (ei. street and race) or use low boost top launch and high boost after u hook up the tires. this is the high performance one paid 220 shipped

3\" high flow spun metal cat (300 cell count)

everything will torn down starting monday will have pics off the car so u can see how in perfect shape everything is. have pics of all the individual parts in mi turbo thread any questions please let me kno.

See less See more
#7 ·
will let u kno i might be able to work something out, theres some one interested in the kit minus the FIC, i will confirm how serious he is and if hes down for that then the FIC will be yours.

ok plz pm me if u partout anything thanks
will do

sorry that you couldnt complete your project :/
yea i just dont have the patience like i used to..lol being with out the car for 6 weeks just made me loose interest.

#15 ·
whats the problem with an auto? it will stick make power boost 8psi and u will make close to 300whp, throw a big tranny cooler and change the fluid regularly and you should b good. run 2 programs on the boost controller street and race (5psi for the street and 8-10lbs for race when ever u wana spank something fast...lol)

#19 ·
i will have word with in the next 3-4 weeks. (i kno its kinda far away) but theres a member on gen7 thats want to buy the whole kit. hes coming up with the cash but if it dosent work out then i will part it out.

lol yea he wanted the bov, wastegate , intercooler, aem 2 that same day... but im guna first give it a go as a kit and if that dosent work then i will start parting things out. i will keep it updated.

#27 ·
lol... the way things are looking theres a big chance u will end up with the aem fic.. give it 3 more weeks...lol

I would take this in a minute if I had not just spent a whole bunch on other parts ...
A little concerned about putting a turbo on a daily driver that I use all season, especially in the blizzardy winters we get.
yea that seems to be the problem...had alof of interest but mi timing was off... they all had spent a big chunk of change on other parts.
this thing will help u get out of the blizzardy storm alot quicker and in style...lol j/k i kno what u mean thats always a concern when all u got is one ride.. .but sometimes the temptation is just 2 strong that u gotta make some sacrifices. :D
every one want the pshhhhh pshhhhh... or the whine.... ;):banana:

#30 ·
ADI said:
yea that seems to be the problem...had alof of interest but mi timing was off... they all had spent a big chunk of change on other parts.
this thing will help u get out of the blizzardy storm alot quicker and in style...lol j/k i kno what u mean thats always a concern when all u got is one ride.. .but sometimes the temptation is just 2 strong that u gotta make some sacrifices. :D
every one want the pshhhhh pshhhhh... or the whine.... ;):banana:
well i do have another car, my girlfriends, that we could just use in the winter. but the problem is that there are at least a couple weeks here and there that i would be stuck without her car...
I really want this ... but theo ther half of me says "look at your student loan and dont be an idiot"
lol

#31 ·
lol hey u only live once.. if u change ur mind sometime b4 the next 3-4 weeks which is the time i gave this other guy to come up with the cash. it will b urs.. 1st come 1st serve...lol no seriously i will work something out.

but ur right theres always other priorities that need to be taken care off.
like mine for example is getting new wheels for mi rover.. hate to see it like every other one out there.. i think i need that more then a fast car right now...lol even tho im not so happy with her she gets 14-15 miles to the gallon average hwy and street...it makes me sad when i think about the gas price going up to almost 5 dollars in the next year. :( but i luv her :naughty: lol...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.